How did people in 1920s America wear suits all the time. Didn't people get hot wearing all this shit?

How did people in 1920s America wear suits all the time. Didn't people get hot wearing all this shit?

global warming

No

lack of calories

It was just what was normal and people didn't question it.

I've been wondering this myself. I have to start wearing suits and I feel as though I'm going to die in the heat.

This board is so cancerous it's not funny anymore.

You wouldn't wear a full three piece suit in summer made out of the fabrics that are advertised on that picture. You'd wear unlined or half lined sport coats and suits made from linen compositions and similar summer fabrics.

that's because you are wearing a lard bodysuit under it.

I'm only 150 pounds.....You cheeky cunt. Its 100F degrees outside.

linens chinos and seersuckers bruh

>using fahrenheit
>not being a whale

Pick one.

>calling people a whale
>being a whale yourself
Pick one.
Thanks!

the funny thing i found is that when it is like 90 degrees + and humid as fuck i actually prefer a linen suit to a tee and shorts. i feel no more comfortable in the tee because it is a fucking humid soup here in the summer. its spring that i dont like suits because a tee is noticeably more comfy than a suit and i keep wanting to take the jacket off

What's with the red cheeks?

>calling people a whale
>being a whale yourself
>Pick one.
He did, you dumb fucker. He picked calling you a whale.

Besides that, what this guy said:

men back then weren't pussies

As ignorant as I am about it - it's hard to know where they just Deal With It and where they did something not immediately apparent.

For instance: suits were more comfortable to wear because they were designed differently.

eg. Higher armholes, different angle of attachment to the jacket.

You can see this in old movies where someone reaches up high - the back of his collar won't jump up around his ears.

Not everyone wore full fucking suits in the middle of the summer. Most people would just wear a light collared shirt if they were in any sort of casual situation

lol'd

Are you serious?

Polyester wasn't a thing yet, all suits were either wool (that can be made summer-weight), linen, or cotton (rare, but e.g. seersucker is a cotton weave).
Nowadays, you'll start with a suit shell that is part plastic, and keep going with a liner that is plastic or cellulose in a very close weave (to let you slide in easily and not snag). That's a receipe for maximum warmth.

Linen shirt+tropical wool unlined suit+suede shoes, that's how to survive the summer.

You get used to it.

None of the homes/buildings or very few had centralized heating back then so it was fucking cold back then.
Wearing suits back then fixed that

virility

Nah im p sure youre wrong. Take a look at some historical photos when you get a chance.

you want to wear something light that breathes and keeps the sun off your skin so that could explain it

They all wore full rick whenever there weren't any cameras around

lighter fabrics such as linen or seersucker rather than wool. additionally, summer suits can be left unlined to increase breathability significantly

Didn't they used shirts and polos?

Yeah.

To add to this, frescos or tropical weight wool is a thing. However, in the 20s sport coats weren't a thing during the business week, but half- or quarter-lined jackets are significantly cooler.

Seersucker is pretty much only a southern thing. #menswear has made it more popular, but in the 20s, if you weren't below the Mason-Dixon line, you weren't wearing Seersucker.

Also, chino isn't an inherently cool wearing fabric. In fact, given the tightness of the weave, the other options mentioned were probably cooler on average.

Also, evaporative cooling is a thing. There's a reason people in the Middle East and Africa covered their bodies in flowing linen for so long.

they didn't wear the suits when it's fucking 37 celcius