So I'm home from the summer and the local shopping plaza kicked out Forever 21 and replaced it with a Zara...

So I'm home from the summer and the local shopping plaza kicked out Forever 21 and replaced it with a Zara, becuase they are trying to attract more wealthy clients again, and I think it's the funniest thing becuase it's like kicking out Mcdonalds and replacing it with an In and Out, becuase regardless a burger is a burger. They also kicked out all the sneaker stores.

Lmao, I remember why I left my hometown, also Barney's left here years ago and sadly hasn't returned.

where dat

>zara
>wealthy clients

Good blog OP, make it a daily thing because I really care about your life in flyover land

in the mall there's a Patek Phillipe boutique right next to a marks and spencers
i seriously don't understand

Sorry I was trying to have an open ended discussion about the American Shopping mall but didn't want to start out with something vauge "how about malls"

Fair enough. You have to remember that not everyone is as neurotically obsessed with fashion as this board. Most people see a Zara and think "decent quality, low price" and that's why there are hundreds of Zaras and not only one or two Rick Owens stores, for example. Also, most people buy clothes for validation, not for fashion, so shops that influence or purvey trends (such as Zara) are going to be more popular than avant-garde fashion stores.

Only came here to post this, but also I have to respond to
>decent quality
>zara
Not really, but I still buy zara because it looks alright if you pick the right pieces, although more than one zara piece per outfit and it starts to look kind of trashy

What is up fellow Dallasite? I have a friend who got a job there. He thinks he is working in fashion.

A lot of normies see Zara as decent quality, and for most people that's true

Czech Republic here, Zara is the upper middle class "fashion interests me" brand of choice.

How are you defining "quality"?

If we're going full normie, I can get a pair of Levi's for the same price or less than a pair of Zara pants and they'll last a lot longer, have better quality control, and be made of better materials than Zara

Zara is equal or lower quality than fucking Uniqlo and it's also more expensive

What Zara does well is provide fashion forward but (mostly) not completely ridiculous looking clothes at a reasonable price point. It's a cut above H&M but that's hardly much of a standard of quality

Zara is fantastic for throwing together an ensemble if you're going to say, go clubbing in a trendy beach town for the weekend but you don't normally wear that kind of stuff and have no intention of ever wearing that kind of stuff again. A lot of it pushes over into full Eurotrash style, but if you pick and choose carefully it can look pretty good, even though half the stuff falls apart in 2 seconds

It's not what I would buy if I just wanted boring "normie" clothes that last a while

this guy gets it

although i wouldn't say that Zara is any better than H&M quality-wise
i only have a few stuff from Zara, 4 pants more precisely, 2 of those were cheaper, the back pocket has fallen off from both of those after a few wear, whereas i didn't experience any issue with H&M pants so far, their more expensive, thicker, non-stretch, non-skinny jeans are quite good for what they are

that looks like northpark mall

you're fucking retarded mate, he's saying how normies wold perceive it as better quality, not him personally

It is, and the mall in question

they recently revamped my local.

like ten years ago they gutted one section and made it open air with the standard anchors (movie theater, chain restaurants, forever21, gap, levis, UO, anthro, HM).

must have accomplished whatever they wanted it to, because they built a new nordstrom which attracted zara, uniqlo, kiehl's, kors, coach "i care about fashun but i'm distinctly middle/uppermiddle class" level stores.

which is just as well. there are massive lux "destination" malls thirty miles south and twenty north for that level of shopping/service, not to mention other fashion districts. this is probably the right mix of mass appeal fashion for the area.

and i have to say it's nicer to window shop zara or nordstrom than have a mall full of nothing but shoe stores and bad food.

really could use a closer apple store though. hope that's next on the list.

Among uni students in Germany Zara, h&m and asos are the holy trinity of acceptable poverty-apparel.

i had a feeling it was since he mentioned there being a barneys that used to be there.
I'd love to go back desu, any new stores op?

it's not about "kicking out" per se
forever 21 signs leases, when leases are up , corporate decides if they're staying or finding another place to rent
in five or six years Zara will get replaced by At Scelta / Ships / Beams (you know they're coming next)

Is forever 21 perceived as better quality than Zara for americans?

i don't think so. i think zara is perceived as being better because they're newer to market and european (therefore more "fashion forward").

f21 is bottom of the barrel in quality

North Park is nothing but people who are actually loaded and people who want others to think they are loaded. The really wealthy go to Highland Park village. Head over there if it makes you feel better. Also f21 moved across the street to park lane

Yeah, but F21 Red is supposed to be their outlet. I didn't really notice the difference.

>local mall kicks out bookstore
>replaces it with a zara

No, idk. I work there and i hate it, so I don't really look around but i hate Dallas but I'm only here for the summers no so no dealing with thousandaires for me in a couple of weeks.

Hasn't the Zara's always been there or was that the Galleria...haven't been to either in a while

>Galleria

yes it was in the Galleria and now north park is getting one.

Didn't you read his post?

>You have to remember that not everyone is as neurotically obsessed with fashion as this board. Most people see a Zara and think "decent quality, low price"

They're talking about the average person. Not the Veeky Forums muh quality circlejerk

zaras is dope

wat, they have tees in f21 for around $3, mind you the quality is absolute shit,
but im wondering how much they're sacrificing in quality to get that cheap

i use to go there when i visited my dad in Dallas northpark blows my shitty hometown mall out of the water.

my mall doesn't even have an american apparel it's so outdated they just added a lord and taylor recently and a vans store all i want is AA though :(