What are some Veeky Forums brands that don't use sweatshops? American Apparel, Patagonia, and Everlane are good...

What are some Veeky Forums brands that don't use sweatshops? American Apparel, Patagonia, and Everlane are good, but I'm not sure where else to shop other than goodwill.

Japanese brands

Most of the clothes in goodwill have been manufactured by sweatshops doe

got any links m8?

Yeah, but those sweatshop clothes aren't going to waste, and you aren't paying the manufacturer.

Eton, Nudie Jeans, We Norwegians, Meyer.

who gives a shit?

Who gives a fuck if my lunch was the hands of a dirty negro slave? I don't, I'm not a negro. Who gives a shit if we gas the jews? I don't, I'm not a jew.

this is objectively the wrong perspective, but I can't manage anything else. I'd have to stop using 90% of the shit I already have, and I'm too apathetic to be a conscious consumer. i'm a flawed human bean tho like everyone else XP

I think it's fine to use the stuff you've already purchased. People literally slaved away to make it, so it's better not to waste it IMO.

being edgy really isn't cool

Nothing wrong with using what you have, what's done is done. Buying only "fair" clothing is far too hard at the moment, but buying a patagonia torrentshell instead of some other rain jacket isn't very hard or expensive, the hard part is finding the brands, which threads like this can help with.

You realize that factory work helps develop nations? Read a history textbook my retarded friend. The west went through it's industrial age already. It's how countries develop a middle class. China is already developing one. They are beginning to afford cars and luxuries like red meat. If sweatshops weren't better than the fucking agricultural feudalism they had before then people wouldn't willingly work in them. The fact is that subsidence farming on land you don't own sucks more than working in a factory because in a bad year you starve to death.

God you people are stupid.

Why does everyone of these threads have to devolve into these uninformed pissing matches between teenagers and /pol/tards?

The dude asked for some non-sweatshop brands, that's all. A lot of higher end brands make responsible clothes OP. For example, the obvious Canadian ones like wings + horns and Reigning Champ. Then there's the Euro brands which manufacture in Europe (i.e. Norse Projects, Our Legacy). Just be careful of fringe manufacturing which is done a lot with higher end brands (i.e. a "Made in Europe" tag on a garment made in Turkey.)

We wouldn't want to give people in developing nations jobs, fuck them. We want to keep all the money in our own countries so that other ones have no chance to develop.

>implying there is such thing as moral consumption under capitalism

topkek

Cool dude I get it, you took a first year Economics course and they shilled you the benefits of capitalism. I don't care about it, I care about human rights, and I don't want to get in a pissing match but this is a fashion forum and there is good merit in wanting responsibly and well-manufactured clothing. Go back to /pol/ to get into stupid arguments.

I don't need to. I have already won.

Paying workers barely enough to survive, forcing overtime, locking workers into overcrowded factories and giving zero fucks about fire codes and worker safety does not help the build countries.

By your logic Africa should be a developed country because white people bought slaves there.

The alternative to sweatshops isn't to stop making clothing in Asia, the alternative is to make the conditions more humane and to stop treating workers like slaves.

Pic related is me btw

>those teeth
Jap tier

A sweatshop being better than feudalism does not make it more ethical. You're right we went through our industrial revolution, but that doesn't mean have to sentence other nations to suffering for our benefit. The wealth should be shared not held hostage. These people do so much for you and you do so little for them.

Thanks a lot, man. I'm checking out some of those brands now. I never thought of "made in europe" being a trick

Slaves are an exported natural resource and are therefore not comparable to an industrial economy you foolish fool.

I gave them a shelter and job and the ability to not starve and all they gave me was a shirt that fell apart.

Supreme Naked and Famous Nudie and Gucci

There is literally nothing wrong with sweatshops

not baiting

check well-spent.com