What would you guys consider the most cancerous fashion subculture?

what would you guys consider the most cancerous fashion subculture?

for me its the streetwear/hypebeast subculture.
mostly because a lot of brands like fear of god and kanye's yeezy line get hyped up and eventually get copied making it more annoying because now you have to deal with fuckbois on both ends of the taxbracket.

Welcome to the future, old man

the one kanye tries to ripoff or is part of

its obvious that streetwear is the most cancerous. almost to the point where theres no reason for you to even ask the question.

that being said, its no big deal. there will always be people doing things you dont necessarily agree with. im sure you dress in a way that isnt accepted by all perspectives of fashion, so whats the difference?

live and let live user. the fact that people are so quick to attack only shows their own insecurity and need to be above other people

i think there's a spectrum for streetwear though.

Supreme is the epitome of corny, along with certain other names (palace, CDG play, bape) that are mostly worn as a kind of threshold buy, signifying that you're part of some kind of imaginary conversation about contemporary youth culture. It's status anxiety embodied.

Others primarily just experiment with different looks and shapes, and often still use it to express their status (under cover, number (n)ine, raf, etc) but don't seem to be engaged in a pretentious hype cycle

i personally would not consider those brands streetwear. MAYBE n(n) but not raf or undercover.

while they design with the principle of streetwear in mind, this does not make their lines exclusively streetwear. whereas supreme and bape are more blatantly playing off of the streetwear culture.

>primarily just experiment with different looks and shapes
Exactly how new are you? Seriously man, learn to lurk before posting.

>wears supreme
>becomes the new OBEY meme by 2018

reminds me of this

>sophisticated beard subculture

Also the suspenders and bow tie shit. Someone explain the appeal of this

I absolutely hate it when guys with huge tattoos dress professionally.

>but don't seem to be engaged in a pretentious hype cycle

youre blinded by the fact that you actually like the clothes, but theyre very much a part of the internet status-flexing economy

see: new money asians on instagram decked out in paul harnden and guidi. you can usually find a picture or two on their pages with them and rick/at the rick store

Cant tell if sarcasm but i low (high) key agree.

Not sarcasm. It reeks of "little boy playing dress up"

All trends are garbage

Aw man this. My friend wants me to dress in suspenders and a bow tie for her wedding and I am dreading that shit. It's weird because she's actually one of the best dressed people I know, but her taste in men's fashion is a little cringey sometimes.

the "ironically dressing like a beta" subculture that dominates Veeky Forums is pure cancer.

this
big sweaters and white tennis shoes needs to die off asap

lmao lurk more pls

A lot of supreme stuff can be corny but a lot of it is pretty decent too. Bape kills me inside. I just really hate the way it looks like it's made for little kids. Palace is primarily a skate brand so it's hard to expect a more fashion aspect to their clothing, but I dig the triferg design honestly.

nice counterargument
off yourself

t. ironic beta

Instagram or internet based young people who use rare or significant pieces in their outfits, such as Mike the Ruler or Luka Sabbat. I have trouble enjoying a brand as much as I did before when they infect it, fortunately my favorite brand has managed to mostly dodge their influence.

Bape has plenty of nice items such as pic related that are not all branding. I want to say the same for Supreme, but I dislike the way the majority of Supreme's releases are things you would find in a 90s thrift store with 'Supreme' somewhere on them.

what these two said

this is right, although I wouldn't even place the two on the same spectrum because of how different they are conceptually and their purpose in fashion.
honestly there needs to be another term for raf, uc, etc to distinguish from the hypebeast culture that most associate the term """streetwear""" with

nah mikes alright

Kys

Whatever Bieber wears.

She's too fluffy

>ironically