Veeky Forums revival

I honestly cannot accept how this board is slowly turning into shit

It was decent a year, or two years ago - but today it is almost no different from your fashion reddit boards

Ninjacore was the last good thing that was here and it united us, we had something of our own but last year's summerfags ruined it

We need to create our new Veeky Forums-core that only we will be proudly wearing and rating in our daily WAYWT threads.

Everyone think about what new core/wave we will create and I will make a poll tommorow with your ideas as options to vote for.

I personally would go for something like pic related, "cowboy"-core.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1aqtwEzaTIS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pic related
that's literally just heroin chic theres nothing western about it

>wants to make effay better
>posts perhaps the most overrated and untalanted designer of this generation
good job lad

you couldve done better by posting some soloist for cowboy core

piratecore

We need Veeky Forums back in our culture and kick out all the uglies.

whatever guys, it's just one idea out of many, so share yours

looks cool, would also make comeback for boatnecks

Voting for conducter core
There's a lot of variants on what they wear, with very dessy and casual styles. Plus it helps overalls get used more, which means it might catch on with skaters too, so who knows it could appeal to both dad core, skaters, and people who enjoy trains, smoke, and going fast In a fixed direction while polluting the skies with sweet freedom.

>Veeky Forums revival
>posts slp
you're part of the problem lmao

found this, combination of OP pic and yours

At least I am trying to change and help, jerk.

I can be part of the problem, but you are the problem itself, just blaming others and not posting anything relevant.

This is genuinely badass. The coat is awesome

>wearing vest
>belt visible

Reminds me of this

I was most active when the board first started and until maybe 2011. I check periodically and this is just my opinion based on some observation.

while it's still obviously shit now it was definitely worse when it was overrun by uncharismatic tripfags roughly 2-3 years ago. Although, there doesn't really seem to be anyone with esoteric knowledge left, at least from a cursory glance. Even with the tripfag storm there were still some serious conversations to be had about fashion.

imo there is absolutely nothing to be gained in terms of generative conversation by fabricating some kind of unifying 'new style'. Coordinating around novelty itself is just a spook. Pretending that having everyone explore one derivative style will actually generate anything is completely speculative and corny.

I agree, we need unity to avoid this sinking ship of a board. The only possible thing that we have at the moment is Jewelwave. It never did take off so there's still hope for it and once autumn hits i think it'll reach its potential now that most people can layer clothing. Someone start a Jewelwave thread please.

ID on the shoes pls?

slp wyatts you fucking newfag

You could be right, but it's better than nothing.
Imo it's worth the try.

Cool idea.

ninjacore was absolute shit and it's good it died

+1 for jewelwave it's our only hope.

slppers

>a spook
goddamnit the stirnerfags have got to everyone now haven't they?

>> teen_fa you skater prick

can be cool. There are some Japanese brands with beautiful conductor-style clothes

Does this count as jewelwave?

>cowboy core
>SLP Hedi era, literally the last brand related to the western culture

Fuck off

this guy has it right, Veeky Forums has never been very good. but if you're here for actual constructive fashion advice you're an idiot, best part of this board is the humor imo.

at the end of the day it's just a website, if you're this worked up over "the state of the board" then you need to get out more

i would actually wear something like this if well implemented, mix it with yohji and you got something pretty descent and ellegant neo-pirate

these threads are always full of bad or over-hyped fits. imo if there is a problem with this board it's that you people keep trying to change it to accept you

yaharrr

not even my style but dear god is that beautiful.

Cowboy core is already happening with all these idiots wearing fringe suede jackets.

I'm into it

Fuck off
SLP is complete trash, get some taste before you start telling people what to do
We don't need this stupid core/wave bullshit, that's what ruined Veeky Forums in the first place by letting uncreative teenagers think they could just jump on some bandwagon by wearing pastel colours or some other bullshit and instantly become fashionable

>that shit looks retarded.

stop forcing shit. check whats on insp threads and build your wardrobe based on what you like. all this shit posted on this thread are forced-- you can't just vote on something and make it popular.

people dress around what they find aesthetic, that's it. focus on insp threads you fucking momos

bring back springsteen core

yes

agreed.

all you herbs that want to create a "wave, core" can fuck off. all you cucks have the freedom to wear whatever you want and here you are on the internet begging for people to tell you what to wear.

if you want to fix Veeky Forums do your part on insp threads

Learn to greentext u new piece of shit, then come and post your opinion, faggot

U talkin bout the girl of the clothe? I'd hit both

>can't even greentext properly

I'm half joking anyway, "cores" are retarded.

But the new Soloist collection IS my inspo and you have poor taste.

Take off the skinny guy, put some basic faggot, add a loose pant and you got a fuckong nice new core

Also, lunar-core was pretty awesome and it was origined here, why cant we make something similar

what I hate about "cores" is that it takes a cool, interesting individual choice in clothing and memes it into a uniform

I do like some "lunarcore" but when you see legions of internet posters dressed like that (e.g., giraffe-neck and the Veeky Forums meetup troupe) it loses its charm

keep your cool fits to yourself and don't force them

what about trapwave or hugcore
I-I think we've been fighting too much recently and we all need to wuv eachother a bit moar x3

I want to be a qt catboi

How do I achieve this aesthetic?

rawr XD

well first step is to practice your nyaa-s go on give a go vocaroo.com/i/s1aqtwEzaTIS

forcing labels upon things is not very chill
forced movements rarely go well, such things should grow organically and only be assigned a label after they've been prevalent for some time

yes jewel wave. we need to embrace colors.

jewels

fuck off forever

not jewelwave sorry to tell you lads

I am 110% cowboy-core and I will never go back. Long live Hedi.

I check this place like one or twice a year after browsing here regularly in early high school... circa 2009/2010.

it wasn't even that good back then, but it is certainly almost entirely useless now.

more jewelwave

you've got to be fucking joking

kek

reddit is already aware of jewelwave

they will take it

i'm not with you on Veeky Forums needing a core

but i have been mixing cowboy into my fits

not legit cowboy or aldean cowboy or some mumford americana-esque cowboy

but hollywood cowboy. california cowboy. palm springs cowboy. tv cowboy. roy rodgers tom mix gene autry nudie cohn 30s-70s embroidery and embellishment, ranchwear, rodeowear, belt buckles, and boots. i'm not fucking with cowboy hats though. shit's a bridge too far and way too costumey. still haven't decided on fringe.

and yeah, hedi used some similar themes and elements because he's been mining the 1970s and there was a big country revival in the 1970s where it crossed over into rock.

and honestly, hedi's rhinestone rock cowboy resulted in some fantastic pieces that are orders of magnitude outside my price range but nevertheless fantastic.

i want that robe.

>neckerchief

No.

Why is he always making that fat, disgusting, openmouth chipmunk, sideways retard look?

lol i'm not asking for permission

I'm a teacher in the ghetto and a lot of the black kids do this. I think it's cultural.

>It was decent a year, or two years ago

t. a newfag

post a fit then

>lmao

some of this gets a bit tangential

Day boi mac demarco core

normcore