Manlet fashion

How do I make my legs look longer? I wore pic related tonight and a girl I barely know told me I have short legs. I laughed it off but I would like to know your opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/_8A7IiL8ow/?taken-by=t_atwood
imgur.com/a/10d4e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what? you look fine.

>inb4 i took the bait

I am 5'7" maybe the head would make you see the proportions properly. It isn't a bait it really happened and I take a lot of heat from my friends for being a manlet. Thanks tho

dude ur body proportions are good, legs are a little bit short maybe but torso/overall you dont need to worry. if your friends really give you shit about something you cant control, fuck them.

You look fine OP. People say stupid shit sometimes

>How do I make my legs look longer
tuck in your shirt, for one thing

damn bro you have some sick proportions, long arms, short legs, long torso. you would make a great powerlifter

High waisted jeans and tuck your shirt in.

go gym honestly, the reason why, it will make you stand straight, look at your shoulders you are naturally hunched over which happens to most people.

Go gym and do lat pull downs (my fav), anything that pretty much works your back, deadlifts whatever and it will atleast make you stand taller. honest give 1-2 days and you will be walking around as if you are the king of the world, because you will stand straight and tall.

Next look at your damn trainers, you are wearing flat converses, you are not helping yourself at all. buy something has a lot of sole. Nike Roshe has a big sole, Adidas Ultra Boost have a semi big sole. in the winter wear boots, military boots, timberlands whatever..

also someone is probably gonna comment that lifting makes you look stocky. it doesn't unless you roid and get xbox huge or have high bodyfat.

pic related is 5'6 and set a world record in weightlifting a while ago

instagram.com/p/_8A7IiL8ow/?taken-by=t_atwood
this guy is about 5'6 and came second at powerlifting worlds

Seconded. You've got kyphosis (sp?) of the upper back, very common among people who spend a lot of time at a computer or otherwise seated. Pull your shoulders back. You'll think you look like a douche for a week, but after some time it'll be natural and you'll stand straigther, taller, and look bigger.

legs look a bit bowed in conjunction with relatively muscular calves that stick out, makes them look shorter, don't worry your proportions look good just wear shorter shorts and tuck your shirt in. Mainly I'm not feeling thh black socks they stick out like a sore thumb for some reason, I think sockless would make your legs look noticeably longer, also wearing black in general makes body parts look smaller so try another colour for legwear.

5'6" here, I just wear short running shorts. But I guess I have the legs for em. Try shorter shorts, little higher socks, maybe an inch or two.

What are some good high waisted jeans for men?

Don't wear boots if you're short.

Nah, boots look fine as long as your legs are proportionate. pic related is 5'6 at best. just stay away from high top sneakers

Wow thanks guys I am glad to get actual help and tips from you and no "kill yourself manletfag" answers. My legs are kind of muscular and I run and hike quite a bit but my torso and arms are quite skinny. Which sucks but I know lifting would probably do the trick after a while, you're all right about me being hunched over. My brother is ripped bodybuilder actually and he trains people at the gym and he always talks to me about hitting the gym and stuff. But I am kind of nerdy guy, I enjoy reading, vidya and hiking and gym really isn't my thing. But I guess I should try to excercise that much so it makes my posture right.
I'll also try tucking my shirt in that sounds like a good advice but it also kind of shows how skinny my chest is but it is worth a try.

I am seconding this, really interested

Yeah I don't feel like wearing high boots. I have my hiking boots that give me a free inch height but I like flat shoes and it seems like a cheap tactic and it would be awkward if someone called me out on wearing these boots to look taller.

Thanks guys for your comments it makes me feel better and I think it is pretty helpful as well

Always thought he was like 5'8, but you have a point. I feel that boots don't help as much as if you were wearing something like 1461s.

Wear a shorter shirt, retard. Define your waist

Guys have short legs compared to girls. Also, guys wear pants that make their legs even shorter, like men shorts that should be called midis because they are not short at all. Dividing your leg into 2 equal parts makes is shorter. Besides, men always have penis space in their pants so it looks like their legs are shorter than they actually are. Wear hotpants or long jeans. Shoes should be the same color like your pants if they are long and could have a little platform.
Other possibility is to wear oversized hoodies or shirts so nobody can see where your legs start. But you shouldn't worry too much, all guys have short legs unless they are super tall but even then they are short for their body. I've never noticed that a guy has long legs (unless they are very tall and very skinny)

>long jeans
There literally isn't my size anywhere. I have to look for jeans in boys section 164 even though I am 172cm tall. Or I need to get the jeans shortened like 10cm so they fit nicely.
Thanks for the advice tho, and the fact that most men have shorter legs helped as well

Definitely wear a shorter shirt op. I'm around your height and a shorter shirt makes me look taller. Also jeans help

wrangler cowboy cut
american apparel

I'm short and I've been told I look good in boots. I guess it depends on how you look

Do companies even make lines of shirts like that? Or just make them period? American sizes are never about torso length

Also meant to quote you here

Yeah I'll try it, but as I am quite skinny, tucking my shirt in makes me look very skinny even thoigh not so short. But I'll try S size for a change as I always wear M shirts that are a little bit bigger than what I need

S size shirts don't change the length

You'd be surprised at how many nerds hit the gym, it's it's own experience that you shouldn't group with "jocks" and stuff.

I'm going to start my first year of college (biochemistry) and I have to choose one sports subject. I guess I can sign myself for gym. It may be a higher chance of meeting other guys like me there and not the usual people I meet there (like my brother)

Do that or a martial art if you can.

You can always go to gym, maybe for free, but itll cost a lot more to take a martial art on your own time

The t-shirt is clearly too long

It's common for t-shirts to be too long since they need to accommodate various heights and manufacturers don't want to size shirts according to width AND length. Sizing down would not necessarily solve the problem since the shirt may be too tight at the shoulders.

You need to bring your long t-shirts to a repair and alterations shop and have them cut to your size.

I'm a size S or M (depending on the shirt) and have at least half of my shirts made shorter 4cm to 8cm (depending on the shirt).

or just learn how to hem them yourself. it's not hard and much cheaper

Dude I would if I had a sewing machine, definitely

how is it clearly too long? It barely reaches his fly, maybe this guys torso is just long compared to his legs

Wow a thread on Veeky Forums that isnt just circle jerking and shit talking. What a good night.

>How do I make my legs look longer?

Wear a short shirt. In this pic it makes it look like your waist is lower than it is.

An female acquaintance has pointed out and laughed at my pale legs twice, and no one else has ever mentioned or seemed to care. I barely know her as well. Some people just feel the need to point out stuff I guess.

>2016
>not wearing massive lug sole/creeper soled shoes
>not playing with your proportions so you have massive legs and a short torso
top pleb

I'm a short girl, but the same principles apply.
>high waisted jeans/pants
>tuck top in
>tops with a high hem/crop top
>low cut shoes (elongate shins)
Obviously it's easier for me to get away with high waist and crop tops etc. but you can get similarly cut styles that aren't as drastic.

Get shorter shorts or get full length narrow cut trousers with a short or tucked in t shirt.

lmao first thing i thought

this

That's also true, i should pick up something that I wouldn't come across so easily in normal life.

I have a sewing machine I gues I can try some diy

I have a 5'10" friend that looks pretty good and he has a great body and when he sits down next to me and we both straighten our backs I am like inch taller than him and his knees are always higher than mine.

I know that they sometimes say stuff novody else cares about but I am very aware of it even if she didn't point that out

Great advice, thanks

I'm 5'7 and thin like you op. I wrestled and people are surprised at the mass that I have.

The only tips I have for you that you probably already know: where a tank top when appropriate so people can see dem delts. Everyone assumes we're skinny twigs but we're just weirdly thin.

Wear shorts above the knees like you are in the op. Where fitted shirts that don't dangle below your crotch.

The best advice for manlets is to kill themselves because girls only like 6 ft.+ guys. There is no point in living as a manlet.

>tank tops
oh I really don't think I can pull them off without looking inappropriate. I am not a skelly but my muscle mass is average at best. Also my confidence is not high enough to wear them I guess

oh there it is. I actually browse /r9k/ a lot so I am used to it and I also think there is some truth in it and it will always be awkward but I know a lot of manlets that date hot girls and some girls even show interest in me even though they are mostly quite younger (as people tell me I look 15 and I can't grow a beard or anything)

the confidence comes with wearing them...

I'm 5'8. I want to bulk and get my body like pic related

Not true.
Most M sized shirts tend to add length as well as width.

I am 5'10 and 18 right now, long legs and short torso, will i ever reach 5'11/6'0 ??

yes you still have time to grow
eat well and get sleep

OP here, I stopped growing around 16-17 and haven't grown since (I am 20 this fall) I really guess it all depends. I matured around 13 and was taller and looked older than my peers. But I only grown like 2 inches since and look almost the same as back then. It is truly a curse.

first of all don't let this comment eat at you, I know what it feels like when someone goes out of their way to criticize/note something you may not have noticed.
the fact you haven't noticed before, probably means it's not such a big deal.

I think the main characteristic she sees as 'short' is the fact your calves make your legs more wavy. If you would like to increase the length of your legs visually, try and shift your clothing up.

this means you get shorter shorts, shirt is in this case fine.

also, try to wear some no-shows next time, that also helps.

at 6'2", I would wear pic related, tbqqqqh

I'm 173 and have long legs 83, my torso looks too short and i rather had shorter legs. Don't worry, your proportions are fine. And you should ditch your friends for calling you manlet, because i never heard such a thing in my life.

nigger manlet or not, that guy has pretty good legs torso ratio, would be good powerlifter if he chose to not be a fag

Do not wear long crew socks. Always try to go for invisible or very short socks. This creates visually longer legs.

not really
long socks elongate the legs
invisible/short socks make the shoe look stumpy and awkward and thus makes you look shorter
what youre saying is straight out of a mens style magazine/gq

she sounds insecure, insecure people are the only ones who will tell you something negative like that irl, she has mental issues you don't know about it

don't think about it too much, worry more about your boring outfit.

im 5'5 but have short torso, while my legs are girly af.
should i trap already? fugg..

OP has been given so many different and conflicting opinions there is no way he can make use of anything ITT.

The truth is that it is impossible to tell from OP's picture if his legs are really shorter than the average with respect to his torso. The clothes and downward looking perspective make it impossible to tell precisely.

I recommend a fully naked picture from the front with the camera at a distance, at navel level, and without any up or down angle. Come on OP, I'm sure you can deliver.

That's actually a pretty great comment, thanks no offence taken. I know my legs look "wavy" as I have pretty muscular calves and thighs from hiking.
I own a bit shorter shorts I also wear regulary and I just bought these higher socks tho (I guess they look hood on taller people) and usally wear the super short ones. I'll try to take a photo with that to see if you guys notice the difference.

Yeah I am 172. I live in a non english speaking country so they never actually called me "manlet" buy they make fun of me whenever I somehow show that I am short. (from the top of my head, when we played softball and the ball flew just a little bit out of my reach they all laugh saying "oh user I forgot you are so small I'll aim lower next time" and all the other guys just erupt in laughter. it feels shitty but I have a self-deprecating humor so nobody undestands that it actually hits me pretty hard)

hi bro, I didn't know you use Veeky Forums.
but really, I know my brother is right just like you, he tells me that I would look good if I'd try to work out on my upper body.

I know this outfit is kind of boring but I don't want to stick out of the crowd (not more than I do for being short) and it is pretty comfy.

>I just bought these higher socks tho (I guess they look hood on taller people)
good* :p
yea I don't like the look of seeing any types of socks, in most cases. My sock drawer is a combination of either thigh highs (for cold weather, suits) and no shows... I've given up on the middle ground. That said
>hiking socks
they have a purpose outside of fashion, which you should use them for.

heh
but here is a another shot with shorter shorts and tuck in shirt. I guess my legs really look longer but tucking the shirt in seems...faggy, I don't know. (forgot to change shoes but I am not wearing socks so it is tha same as if I was wearing noshows in those converse)
It just seems to me that longer legs and shorter body don't look that good as I thought it would but maybe just these shorts would make a difference without the tucked in shirt

>hiking sock
my real sock for hiking were expensive and are ugly as fuck but comfy. but I guess you mean the socks I wear in OP, heh

You need to get some better shorts and shoes and hit the gym and get some man shoulders

problem atm is that your shorts flare out a bit at the end, whilst they should ideally 'taper' around the thighs imo.
'faggy' is because it's not tucked perfectly. my method (as seen in pic) is to unfastne pants, let tshirt fall inside waist, close pants, lift shoulders. if this doesn't work for you, it might take some weird stretching movements to have your shirt 'perfectly'.

oh, this might be a better example.

stumbled upon 'tuck inspo' on reddit and I saw some cases where it's done well.
imgur.com/a/10d4e

all true, can't deny it. I will start hitting the gym with the new school year so that I'll look better next summer.

yeah, I was kind of in a hurry so I rushed the switching but even if I tucked it in the nice way (thanks for the advice) I have a problem with high waist and that my crotch is more visible with the shorts higher.
Also my thighs are thicker at the top so I need them bigger but towards the knees it is more normal and so it flops annoyingly. It's difficult for me to find the right size as they either flop or are too tight to move in them comfortably.

ID on those pants?

gap slim fit chinos
good at waist and thighs, not enough taper from the top of kneecap down
regardless, v decent and versatile pants for casual outfits

Cheers lad

Bro, fucking nerds hit the gym, look at Veeky Forums, theyre a bunch of socially awkward assholes with aspergers but they still get them gains

u have sexy legs for a man, can i bang u no homo, u should wear a dress and we should a cuddle no homo

>all but a few pics are low rise shit
absolutely cringe

those proportions. so bad

never tuck with low waisted pants

get pants that naturally are short instead of cuffing them, everyone knows that cuffing shortens your proportions

sounds pretty homo to me pal butI take it as a compliment

the shorter one are precuffed and actually sewed to stay cuffed. I cuffed the ones in OP tho but it is difficult to find the exactly right lenght without cutting them. But I don't see how do they mess with my proportions differently than if they were the same lenght but not cuffed.

damn can i get feedback on my legs torso ratio? you sound like master of that shit

idk, that dude looks stocky af