Are SLP considered the best chelsea boots under 1k?

Are SLP considered the best chelsea boots under 1k?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.asos.com/Bellfield-Leather-Chelsea-Boots/17ai3a/?iid=5757862&clr=Black&SearchQuery=chelsea boots&pgesize=36&pge=1&totalstyles=396&gridsize=3&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=3&mporgp=L2JlbGxmaWVsZC9iZWxsZmllbGQtbGVhdGhlci1jaGVsc2VhLWJvb3RzL3Byb2Qv
reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/1xtq2f/in_defense_of_churchs/
finsbury-shoes.com/chaussures-homme-c6/modele-boots/
thomasbirdshoes.com/chelsea-boots
styleforum.net/t/21179/rm-williams-boots-everything-you-wanted-to-know
rmwilliams.com.au/arno-bay/Arno_Bay.html?dwvar_Arno__Bay_color=02#start=1
allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/other.htm
representclothing.co.uk/collections/footwear/products/chelsea-boot-espresso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

christ no

I think so, but will probably get flamed by some autist who thinks otherwise. The shape is just perfect.

What about story et fall?

>christ no
then what?

????????????????????

story et fall is a cheap alternative to a slp silhouette

I wouldn't say the quality is necessarily better than other boots at/near its price point

but if you want a sharp thin silhouette then yeah slp is best for that

however I feel this is more of a niche thing better suited to very skinny people

crockett and jones, rm williams, churchs

basically just any mid-high tier dress shoe brand will be substantially better for the money

slp is all hype and consumerism

Question for someone who knows nothing about chelseas: they use elastic, yeah? Wouldn't that wear out and leave you with a looser fit over time?

BRO YOU CAN GET A CUSTOM SHOE MADE JUST FOR YOU FOR $400 WHY PAY A GRAND FOR EDDIE SLIMMAYNES

>no one has posted ever posted a shoe matching the shape

Only if you wear them everyday have a decent rotation going and they'll last a while.

just admit that you're buying them for the brand name and move on

>1k
0/10

That shape is perfect though Iro and SeF are the only ones who come close.

>consumerism
Christ, can we end this phrase on a fashion board? Not everyone wants to thrift everything they own or barter with a cobbler in exchange for four chickens, a vat of pickled herring, and a silver dagger.

Cheap price-wise, quality-wise, or both?

Pricewise its pretty damn cheap my pair has held up damn well for what I payed for them.

>he doesn't haggle with fishmongers on a daily basis

how pleb can you get?

The point is for the elastic to go somewhat loose, when you buy the boots it's alittle hard to expand.

Gotcha. Thx.

Yeah, I just love taking them off and looking at that golden lettering on the bottom, gets me so hard. Show me a boot with the same silhouette and I'll buy both of us a pair.

if you like the SLP styles then yes SLP boots are the best but please dont buy chelsea boots from them. Spend that $1k on their wyatts, santiags, duckies, french boots etc and dress with a bit of personality.

if you just want plain boots that look like SLP look at IRO or Sandro and save your money.

Crockett & Jones

No. I've heard from multiple people that SEF boots start to lose their shape after a while. If you really need SLP esque boots go get them off Reon District. I've had retail SLP Wyatts in both brown suede harness style and black leather Chelsea and can say that theirs are almost 1:1 in terms of the real thing.

look through the alternatives offered in this thread, then try posting again

But I posted alternatives I even own a pair of SeF Chelseas.

The chelsea boots are the Wyatt models minus the harness and zipper and some elastic throw on

Went to the reondistrict. Don't get it. They make bootleg designer clothes or resell them for lower prices?

Those alternatives get posted a thousand times, nothing compares to SLP and nothing comes close. SEF is shit, Iro might have a nice shape but it's not comparable to SLP. Show me the SAME silhouette for cheaper and try again.

please show me whatever readily available store/website will make the equivalent of a saint laurent boot for $400.

can these be re-soled when the time comes?

stop acting like slp is the end all be all of footwear, when it very clearly isnt

if you honestly can't find a chelsea boot you like better than hedi's then you need to look harder

Bootleg but they use pretty much the same, if not the exact same, materials that SLP uses. Same shape too. Really nice imo. Actually got rid of my retail SLPs and kept my RD ones instead.

I'm a big fan of proper goodyear welted shoes, but honestly the C&J derby 3 looks terrible compared to the SLP wyatt, especially the wyatt 40 shape which is just gorgeous

if its so easy to find then post then post a picture of one

inb4 you dont deliver

MONK BOOT

ew

M O N K B O O T

1. Maison Margiela side zip boots
2. SLP
3. Common Projects
4. Church's

Honestly if I was going to spend the money on SLP I would get some Wyatt Harness boots

holy fuck that leg opening

w2c?

stupid as fuck. monks in all shapes and forms should die

zara

is this a dream come true? i hope the quality holds up, not sure about zara

leather quality is actually comparable 2bh

the slp's have a slick silhouette but the leather isn't actually that great

(you)

nasty heel and looks bulky

nah they look slim on foot and the toe shape is comparable. if you're not going to get the 1.6 inch heel on the SLP boots you might as well get the common projects chelsea's in my opinion.

Fake BV chelseas are the best. At about $100 bucks, they're nearly a perfect rep. I know people are going to bash me or disapprove, but it's true.

BVs are shit and bulky as fuck. People only like them because Kanye wore them once or twice

they'll last you a year for like $100 I'd say it's pretty worth I would cop tbq

Thoughts?

do you guys think the quality on these will be shit? i would think most of the asos brand ones under 75 would be shit quality but im paying over 100 and its supposedly a different brand so idk

us.asos.com/Bellfield-Leather-Chelsea-Boots/17ai3a/?iid=5757862&clr=Black&SearchQuery=chelsea boots&pgesize=36&pge=1&totalstyles=396&gridsize=3&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=3&mporgp=L2JlbGxmaWVsZC9iZWxsZmllbGQtbGVhdGhlci1jaGVsc2VhLWJvb3RzL3Byb2Qv

I hope you're all women and not men discussing a woman's shoe.

>crockett and jones
not as sleek by a big margin
>rm williams
good suggestion
>churchs
Prada owns Church since a few years and their quality became shit
>basically just any mid-high tier dress shoe brand will be substantially better for the money
nope.
American/English dress shoe makers like their goodyearwelting and clunky lasts, so will be a far cry from SLP's styling
>slp is all hype and consumerism
so are Chelseas.
they have an elastic part which will not last, so quality leather that will age well and resole-ability are for naught.

>gender roles in clothing
>2016
don't worry I will turn in my man card and beard right away clearly I'm not manly enough

Since when? I've a pair of churchs and they look fine to me.. How can I now if they are pre or post prada? Or at least how can I say if they are or aren't good quality?

Wow these actually look nice, especially for 100 bucks? Anybody with a little experience handled them? ( if you've never handled an actual quality Chelsea don't bother to answer)

I'm fucking wearing them mate
quality seems decent, although the leather on the inside seems poor, but the suede seems gud and the straps are nice

w2c overcoat

allsaints Alba Coat
there's a sale on rn, i regret not waiting for this sale desu

Prada bought Church's in 1999.
Prices increased and cost-cutting was implemented like using bookbinder leather. just check out styleforum for specific models.

basically you get an entry-level Northampton dress shoe for the price of a medium-premium one.
plus Prada is abusing the Church's name for some fashion-only shoes.

It seems like the actual complaint are more on the fact that they are producing more fashion-y shoes that on the quality of the actual shoes

Mine are fine anyway, it's castoro suede with a good quality dainite sole so whatever

i think church's just fucked up quality control
shoes are still of the same quality just a couple of unlucky people ended up with shit batch and took to the internet to complain about it

>It seems like the actual complaint are more on the fact that they are producing more fashion-y shoes that on the quality of the actual shoes
you fail at google
>Mine are fine anyway, it's castoro suede with a good quality dainite sole so whatever
there are basically no visible quality differences between suede leathers. won't really get a patina either.
dainite sole is nothing special and found at entry level, too.

nope, whole series had bookbinder leather and with their new prices they just aren't competitive anymore when it comes to quality: C&J benchgrade is always better.

Can you prove any of that? Because really, all I see when Googling is people telling me to stay away from dress shoes with camo soles or 700$ boots made from corrected grain, DUH?!

using inferior bookbinder leather isn't some QC issue, which you find out after you produced the shoe. it must have been planned.

Not that qc control you are answering to

I was just saying that while they do have some shitty model and they did raise the price, that there are still models that. Are better than c&j qualitywise

Good fit for a spring/autumn-ish season
I'll probably cop when they'll be on sale, 100 isn't worth for zara, never had a pair of chelseas

read
reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/1xtq2f/in_defense_of_churchs/

rm williams are a good suggestion, but they have a very sturdy silhouette.
OP should check: finsbury-shoes.com/chaussures-homme-c6/modele-boots/
and
thomasbirdshoes.com/chelsea-boots

>rm williams are a good suggestion, but they have a very sturdy silhouette.
not true, they can be anything you want if you know how to order:
styleforum.net/t/21179/rm-williams-boots-everything-you-wanted-to-know

and carlos santos too.

could you post a pic of a RM Williams with the same silhouette from OP?

the silhouette isn't as good as the SLP wyatt 40, but the EG newmarket is still lovely, and far, far superior quality construction with much finer leather

Story et Fall are pretty good considering they cost a shade over 200 euros. Nice shape, welted, and good quality French leather. Decent alternative since SLPs cost four times as much and CPs twice as much.

rmwilliams.com.au/arno-bay/Arno_Bay.html?dwvar_Arno__Bay_color=02#start=1

Anyone got any recommendations for a tobacco color in suede? Most of these recommendations are dark brown or black or leather. Is SeF the best option for

>rmwilliams.com.au/arno-bay/Arno_Bay.html?dwvar_Arno__Bay_color=02#start=1

allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/other.htm

Probably yeah.

m-m-muh manliness lol do you even read art of manlines REAL MAN can build REAL BOOTS which do not look like woman boots!!! also beard = man

what? are you insane?

those look nice

link a decent custom site

Are cheap chelseas(100-150 usd) shit quality? I like the look of chealseas but im not really in the position to dump so much money on a pair of boots right now.
Perhaps i could find some good used ones for that price?

>Zip boots
Ew

Anyone have these chelseas? representclothing.co.uk/collections/footwear/products/chelsea-boot-espresso

What's the quality and silhouette like?

the propotions of the shoe itself looks very awkward desu

RM Williams probably are, but SLP probably have the best shape.

You go to a skilled cobbler, no site is trustworthy. They need to make a last of your foot so the shoe is custom made JUST for your feet.

nice bespoke shoes start at like $1300

I know, I was just letting them know how it's done

unfortunately they never make size 12 in korea town

maison's sneakers are really nice but his boots aren't there yet. cp season 15 chelsea's were nice but the toebox was blunt and they still sold out quickly.

honestly sounds like op just wants us to pat him on the back and say congrats buy heedee chelseas lol.

that stitching on the sole is really bad i wouldn't buy it based on that. can't imagine the rest of it being ok if the stitch is that lazy

>maison's sneakers
>maison
>house
>thinking that's the name of the label

also
>honestly sounds like op just wants us to pat him on the back and say congrats buy heedee chelseas lol.
why the fuck would I make this thread if my mind was already made up

what do you have against maison, he's a good goy

seriously just buy the french style and fuck off.

where can i find similar boots for less than $50 im sorry for being a poor faggot

your local american apparel or h&m