Noob thread

I'm starting school next semester. I have about $600-800 to spend on some new clothes.

I've been working in a factory 6 days a week for the past few years and all of my clothes are board shorts during the spring and summer and skinny jeans during the winter. all from brands like volcom stussy diamond etc. shit you see at the mall and tillys

None of my shirts are nice. most of them are ratty as fuck. My shirts are goodwill tier shit at this point, i've been wearing them for years because i've been working at this same job and don't care if they get trashed.

That being said I keep good socks and underwear and always get new shit with that every other month or so.

I'm quitting the factory at the end of the month and school begins. I need to get some new clothes asap. Yes I have read the sticky, but I was wondering if I can get a decent wardrobe on my current budget.

I'm also skinny as fuck

Where should I start looking to get new clothes? . I don't want to wear my factory clothes, I don't want to look like a neckbeard walking around in cheap ass clothes that are supposed to look nice that don't fit properly, are made from cheap materials, and have wrinkles. I also don't want to be one of these streetwear fucks, my roommate dresses like this and he is a white manlet and is does not fit him whatsoever.

Help me Veeky Forums, i've been browsing youngstalin all morning and this seems way too expensive and not casual enough for college

Other urls found in this thread:

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-supima-r-cotton-crew-neck-t-shirt-164179.html#00~/men/t-shirts/short-sleeve/supima-cotton/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-supima-r-cotton-long-sleeve-crew-neck-t-shirt-164195.html#09~/men/t-shirts/long-sleeve/supima-cotton/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-extra-fine-cotton-broadcloth-long-sleeve-shirt-172929.html#00~/men/casual-shirts/extra-fine-cotton-broadcloth/solid/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ultra-stretch-skinny-fit-chino-flat-front-pants-172736.html#09~/men/pants-and-chinos/chinos/ultra-stretch/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-elastic-waist-shorts-171776.html#17~/men/shorts-and-swim/easy/sweat/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-chino-shorts-163916.html#57~/men/shorts-and-swim/chino/chino/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweatpants-172361.html#03~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/sweatpants/classic/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweat-long-sleeve-shirt-172347.html#59~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/sweatshirts/classsic/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweat-long-sleeve-full-zip-hoodie-172349.html#03~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/hoodies/full-zip/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-easy-care-broadcloth-slim-fit-dress-shirt-169190.html#69~/men/dress-shirts/easy-care-slim-fit-stretch/broadcloth-regular-collar/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-reversible-parka-172973.html#59~/men/outerwear-and-blazers/jackets-and-coats/reversible/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ma-1-blouson-178772.html#69~/men/outerwear-and-blazers/jackets-and-coats/blousons/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-stretch-selvedge-skinny-jeans-160114.html#09~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/selvedge/~
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-selvedge-skinny-jeans-172731.html#67~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/selvedge/~
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Full Rick

also interested in hearing some answers to this... I have a bit of a wardrobe already but really need some more core pieces and have a ton of money to blow, but not rick owen type money

looking to complete my wardrobe for around $1000-$2000

browse farfetch.com and just buy your favorites

this way youll discover new brands, and get quality nice looking shit

bump

This site is so expensive

Just buy a bunch of flannels / trousers from Uniqlo and some converse / vans.

nah man, if $100 hoodies $90 tees are expensive then idk what to tell you, browse uniqlo i guess

I'm feeling nice so I'll spoon feed you

>Tee Shirts: Get black and white of both.
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-supima-r-cotton-crew-neck-t-shirt-164179.html#00~/men/t-shirts/short-sleeve/supima-cotton/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-supima-r-cotton-long-sleeve-crew-neck-t-shirt-164195.html#09~/men/t-shirts/long-sleeve/supima-cotton/~

>Shirts:
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-extra-fine-cotton-broadcloth-long-sleeve-shirt-172929.html#00~/men/casual-shirts/extra-fine-cotton-broadcloth/solid/~

>Pants:
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ultra-stretch-skinny-fit-chino-flat-front-pants-172736.html#09~/men/pants-and-chinos/chinos/ultra-stretch/~

>Shorts: In black of course
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-elastic-waist-shorts-171776.html#17~/men/shorts-and-swim/easy/sweat/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-chino-shorts-163916.html#57~/men/shorts-and-swim/chino/chino/~

>Sweats: Sweats in black
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweatpants-172361.html#03~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/sweatpants/classic/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweat-long-sleeve-shirt-172347.html#59~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/sweatshirts/classsic/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-sweat-long-sleeve-full-zip-hoodie-172349.html#03~/men/sweatshirts-and-sweatpants/hoodies/full-zip/~

you must be joking

you really are joking

CONT:
>Dress Shirts: White and Light blue/Navy
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-easy-care-broadcloth-slim-fit-dress-shirt-169190.html#69~/men/dress-shirts/easy-care-slim-fit-stretch/broadcloth-regular-collar/~

>Jacket: Only if you absolutely need one for winter/fall choose one in black or navy, Consider a blazer if you fore see it being useful to your major...
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-reversible-parka-172973.html#59~/men/outerwear-and-blazers/jackets-and-coats/reversible/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ma-1-blouson-178772.html#69~/men/outerwear-and-blazers/jackets-and-coats/blousons/~

>Jeans: One pair black, one blue/navy
uniqlo.com/us/product/men-stretch-selvedge-skinny-jeans-160114.html#09~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/selvedge/~

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-s-selvedge-skinny-jeans-172731.html#67~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/selvedge/~

joking how? i just bought a damir doma hoodie for $150

that was a different guy who replied with uniqlo links

Grailed you can find nice clothes at any price range

CONT and final.
I am not the guy recommending farfetch. (there is nothing wrong but the price range for you)
No I am not joking, you said you need a wardrobe, that means you need to pick up basic clothing items in basic colors, white black blues... In addition to these items you need underwear, belt and etc., then shoes. I recommend spending at least 100 dollars on shoes. Get black derbies, combat boots, or some black/white leather sneakers. You might want two pairs of shoes so you can get a rotation going.

You may be wondering why I linked you 20 lbs. of black cloth, but you need to understand the level of experience you have in building a wardrobe. People will think your clothing may be boring but, since you do not already have basics, you need something that is easy to build upon and will at the very least retain its quality and wearability until you can purchase more niche and loud pieces to complement your basics. You gave no indication of your taste, but you need basics then you can spend actual money on brands better than uniqlo that arent just unoffensive variations of adult clothing choices.

You seem to be in a different position than OP. I would say pick up any items I previously recommended in your desired price range and style that you currently lack. Then with the remaining money pick up a nice pair of shoes and outwear for the upcoming seasons. You may find that spending 300+ on a jacket and 200+ on shoes will be better than picking up more basics that I recommended to OP.

these are all shit op, do not buy any of this garbage

solid argument

I'll help you out here, man. Fashion is all about flexing your status and your clothes, ya feel? I would recommend copping a Supreme Bogo Tee just to show those Fuccbois that you got status and exclusivity. Bogo Tees are worth resale price, in my opinion. For the head, grab a dad hat from thrift store, it can say anything, as long as you like it. I, myself and many other redditors, prefer Supreme Bogo Caps. Then, what you need for pants is jeans that STACK a lot. I would cop jeans from the thrift store and taper it heavily using a sewing machine. Taper your jeans from the knee down 6 inches, and also make sure the inseam are a size longer than what you usually wear. You need them Kanye stacks, man. Yeezy bless! To add a little fire to your jeans, you can distress them with blowtorch and a knife. Even put a zipper at the bottom of your jeans. I gurantee the ladies will dig those legs with those jeans on.And then last but not least. You need SHOES. Damn shoes, we hypebeasts feel naked without shoes to stunt people on. So, for shoes, I would recommend the brand Adidas, specifically their Yeezys line and Ultra Boosts. Goddamn, that'll show the plebs you ain't playing. We fashion loving hypebeasts out here man. Hope you find this helpful.

Most of these fucks are posting shit you'd only buy if you were into fashion as a hobby. For $90 T shirts you can buy, what? 6-10 shirts on your budget? Laughable.

I'm not sure what part of the country you live in, or how preppy your school will be, but this is my most standard, basic list of must-haves:
x 3-8 T shirts, solid color. Crew neck is a safer bet than v-neck, especially since you're skinny. Nowadays I like henleys (3 buttons). Under no circumstances will these have graphics on them.
x 1 pair of jeans, 2-4 pairs of other pants. Maybe a pair of sweat pants (black/gray). Usually you'll want to go 1 kahki and 1 navy for the pants. Slightly tapered towards the bottom is good ("slim" fit).
x 1-3 pairs of shorts. Get them short. It is critical they end above your knee.
x 2-5 Button-Ups. You're going to school, so I really don't think its important to get white/blue dress-shirts like some may suggest. I'd recommend Gigham or Sheperd's Check patterns, small squares. Large squares look cheesy. Color is up to you, my main recommendation is that you get ones that match your pants.
x 2 Sweaters. I like navy/gray.
x 1 Jacket. I like quilted patterns. You probably can't pull of a leather jacket.
x 1 pair of shoes, neutral-ish colors. I like mid tops for pants, boat shoes or a similar loafer for shorts. Whatever suits you.
x 1 belt. A safe bet is that it matches your shoes.
x Underwear/socks. Ankle socks are pretty much entirely out these days, I wear high socks with everything but flip-flops.

Don't be a fuck that wears only black

Personally, I'm cheap. Try Gap for pants, Zara for shirts or jacket, Target for T-shirts, and Walmart for socks and underwear. The place to splurge is shoes.
Shop around for good prices, you should be able to get everything on that list for ~$800, and most importantly, TRY EVERYTHING ON BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Don't buy shit online unless you already have the exact same item and you know it fits.

Hope this helps

Ur list sucks, just go to uniqlo to get basics

AND

TUXBELL.COM

Uniqlo is awful for the price, and their brick-and-mortar stores aren't very common.

awful for price? who even contends? zara hm? i entirely disagree unless you buy used.

Different poster, I posted the list, but yes I think Zara pricing is similar for better quality. H&M is definitely cheaper, I don't really go there though so I'm not sure.

Like I said, Target and Walmart are superior for things like t-shirts, socks, underwear. They have a reputation for being shitty quality but I don't think it's true at all for those specific items.

Although looking at their website, it appears Uniqlo > Gap for pants pricing.

embarrassing advice:
>I like henleys
>1 pair of jeans
>Get them short. It is critical they end above your knee.
> I really don't think its important to get white/blue dress-shirts
>*Gingham
>match your pants
>You probably can't pull of a leather jacket
he cant afford, but not everyone's a cuck.
>A safe bet is that it matches your shoes.
>Target for T-shirts, and Walmart for socks and underwear
>Don't buy shit online unless

you >>>/mfa/, with this shit advice.

zara and hm quality is incredibly similar. you could argue that their designs are more forward, but quality is almost always worse or similar.

gap is similar in quality sure.

walmart underwear is not near uniqlo airism quality sorry.

targets merona and mossimo has occasional worthwhile items, but you could never pick up a wardrobe like uniqlo who offers more variations with less hassle.

if you want better than uniqlo try cos or everlane.

heres a protip OP;
work on building up and toning your body.
when you've got a smashing body, you dont need to spend $2000 on a stupid shirt.
you'll look fucking fabulous in the cheapest shit

lmao poor piece of shit

>I don't like henleys
>I work a shit job so I can afford to wear jeans every day
>I look like (pic related)
>I look stuffy and uncomfortable when I wear my generic dress shirts
Ty
>I'm a retard who's clothes don't match
Let's see a pic of you in a leather jacket

I was only suggesting Walmart for the Quality/Price ratio, not for outright quality.

I spend money on a mortgage, not faggy clothes that I'd be embarrassed to wear to work :)