Throughout history, which culture has been the most masculine...

Throughout history, which culture has been the most masculine? I'm talking manly men doing manly things like getting buff and fighting a lot while being incredibly heroic and honorable.

Other urls found in this thread:

religioustolerance.org/ashford02.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=iIYZLkHGvtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jews

Every ultra manly culture also had a hell of a lot of gay sex.

Every effeminate culture bans homosexuality.

Well gay sex is literally the pinnacle of masculinity, removing women even from your bedroom.

Sparta

By Western standards, Ancient Greece.

British. Basically went around the world beating up natives while stupidly outnumbered, then implementing a state and then heading back to london for drinks with the lads.

What a time to be alive.

Is this really true?
I know athenian society was heavily patriarchal, but what was opinion on heterosexual relationship and on woman body?

A common misconception. For the most part classical Mediterranean culture looked down on sex aside from procreation. Having sex for pleasure was considered effeminate and a real man could control himself. Greek pederasty didn't become widely popular until their waning years and the Romans continued to view it as a degenerate practice by and large. The vast majority of homosexual relationships back then were pederastic and the ancient world had no idea of sexual orientation, either.

it was seen as a chore

Northamerican indians maybe? they were very skilled on their horses but i´m not sure if they were honorable.
I haven´t read the spartan laws but their slaves corrupted their society.
Not every men group becomes homosexual (that´s a lie) i´ve been in many also my family

Cossacks bro. Cossacks, bunch strong, iron chewing, bear punching, horse riding, sword swinging kebab removes. They got some serious steel plated balls being a bunch of lads living out next to some river telling the Sultan to go fuck himself. And they swing big ass logs around, I'd say they are pretty manly.

Romans.

They contributed to the modern idea of "virtue" or otherwise known as "Virtus" in their culture. Though Zeno of Citium was the founder of stoicism, the Romans popularized that particular philosophy.

What you are describing is the Stoic view of sex which was not always the case.

Having sex for pleasure wasn't really a bad thign until late in the Roman Empire....about the time things started getting shitty.

Alexander the great, under Hellenistic culture, in contrast had nightly orgies.

Was there ever a concept of Barbarian honor that's often depicted in media?
I know Beowulf has some, but I don't hear any about the Goths and such.
Btw, OP, Beowulf.

NEET American Males c. 2016

Brit detected, there's nothing masculine or admirable about waging economic or actual warfare on underdeveloped cultures or civilizations.

Real men fight with other men their size and strength because they want to prove something to themselves. Only cowards pick on weaker people.

Gotta go with the Normans on this one. They pillaged so much that Charles the Simple had to give them a duchy just to stop, and then even that wasn't enough so they took all of England.

Brits found the manliest of men, kicked their asses then enrolled the worthy into their army, converted them into an industrialised people. Then home for drinks.

Also spent a couple of centuries kicking other developed nations arses.

>things that never happened: the post

Jesus jumping jimminy Christ, just how deluded are you?

>Things that Brits actually believe
Do they ave the NHS brainwash you lot at birth like they do in the US?

[Insert here my favourite badass guys]

Deuteronomy 2:32-35

When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, the Lord our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed[a] them—men, women and children. We left no survivors. But the livestock and the plunder from the towns we had captured we carried off for ourselves.

Numbers 31:7-18

They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Perfidy is a very womanly trait

Celts, you should look up the hero Cuchulain.

this

In a separate chapter, Weininger, himself a Jew who had converted to Christianity in 1902, analyzes the archetypal Jew as feminine, and thus profoundly irreligious, without true individuality (soul), and without a sense of good and evil. Christianity is described as "the highest expression of the highest faith", while Judaism is called "the extreme of cowardliness". Weininger decries the decay of modern times, and attributes much of it to feminine (or identically, "Jewish") influences. By Weininger's reckoning everyone shows some femininity, and what he calls "Jewishness".[8]

Armenians : ^ )

>Brits
>Beating up natives
>Manly
Kek

ironically, absurd autistic idolisation of masculinity made left male citizens with little to no rights and turned Sparta into city of women

Maori

David and Jonathans were husband in all but official ceremony.

>David and Jonathan's Relationship:
On the Surface:

Our second pair of gay lovebirds, who most Study Bibles call “besties” instead, is King David and Jonathan.

The Whole Story (with some insight sprinkled in):

First, Jonathan got googly-eyed over David and instantly became “one spirit with David” when they first met. Then, Jonathan gives this man from a different royal family his most important possessions: his sword, his bow, and even the clothes on his back. (1 Samuel 18: 1-4)

Next, David left his own family to stay with Jonathan and his father King Saul. What was that about "man leaving his father and mother to cleave to his wife?"

Then, between chapter 19 and 20 of 1 Samuel, Saul attempts to kill David numerous times (while vicious, King Saul knew that David and his family might usurp his authority and one day reign his family's kingdom), but Jonathan instead protects his love, even though killing David would ensure Jonathan’s family’s reign would last.

Jonathan and David meet up after a terrible tragedy, and Jonathan makes a “covenant” before the Lord, that they will be together as (Bible’s interpretation) “sworn friends” and our families will be one together for forever. (1 Samuel 20: 40-41) (I don’t know about you, but, to me, that sounds like a wedding vow.)

Finally, long after Saul and Jonathan’s deaths, King David laments his love in the beginning of 2 Samuel, saying that “Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women.” (Verse 26) King David even keeps his promise and does the unthinkable for a king, by raising Jonathan's child as his own.

I don’t know ANYONE can spin that verse right there into saying that “David and Jonathan had the coolest platonic bromance in the Bible.”

There’s one more gay relationship in the Bible, but we’re gonna postpone that one 'til the end of the essay for a reason.

religioustolerance.org/ashford02.htm

Yeah definitely gunning down natives armed only with spears with your fucking cannons is manly.

roman culture is all based on man supremacy

Every time

Tell us how you slew them old arabs two by two
Like the zulus they had spears and bows and arrows
How bravely you fought on with your sixteen-pounder gun
And you frightened them poor natives to their marrow

>Every ultra manly culture also had a hell of a lot of gay sex.
See Eastern Europe, Afrfica etc

>Every effeminate culture bans homosexuality.
See England, Sweden, Canada, France etc

youtube.com/watch?v=iIYZLkHGvtk

This is an audiobook on 'Germania' written by Tacitus 98AD.

There are lots of honor. The romans themselves the describe the germanics as having honor, as if the concept is alien to the Romans themselves.

Irish ignoring how we turned them into helots for 600 years. How in a 100 year period we beat Napoleon in Belgium and Spain, the Russians in Russia, the Chinese in china and held the Germans to stalemate. All while British soil being untouched by war and while civilising the rest of the planet.

> shitain
> civilized
You dont even have philosophers that arent autistic cuckolds like old bertie "fuck my wife please" russell

revolutionary france
prussians

fighting for profit is not the least honorable, so anglos out

More on them?

Ah yes, because philosophy is obviously the most masculine thing in the history of the world, you're just salty bc the only thing you colonised was the fucking Philippines

Philosophy is more masculine than war. There have been commendable warrior women, but only men have been philosophers.

>beating napoleon in Belgium

If the Prussians hadn't showed up you guys would have lost

are you implying that the woman fighting in battle is less masculine than the man who thinks about stuff?

Hypatia of Alexandria was a man!?

My nigga. Fionn macCumhail is another favourite of mine.

Having friends is manly.

Poland
>winning huge amount of wars and battles despite being outnumbered
>pretty much the only nation to capture and hold Russian capital despite having retard ruler at the time
>38 millions of poles living in Poland despite 123 years of germanization/russification/ and ww2/gommunism
>strongest man in the world is polish

Turkey
look up its national sport
also Ottoman empire was very heroic AND honorable

Probably Greeks or Romans.

Battles dont = Manliness
After reading the diaries of some American and German troops during WW1 and 2 let me tell you, it isn't a sweaty testosterone-fest. It just fucking sucks.

>Eastern Europe
>not homo as fuck

Nigger ...

This

I'm not Armenian but, no just no. Kill yourself

Historically, the Teutons and their off-spring, Germans, Norse, English, have been the most masculine

I know the Chinese have historically been masculine

The least would be the sub-Saharan Africans

blacks

>Chinese
>Masculine
All I only vaguely know about the Three Kingdoms, please explain

Bohemomd and Tancred were definitely the most alpha leaders in the first crusade as well

>he thinks fucking another man is homosexual

Is being gay masculine?

>NB4 they get slaughtered by the Azeris

>also my family
are there only men in your family ?

Americans.

This sounds very homoerotic.

pc gamers

Island niggers who ate their enemys and walked on fire without shoes on.

Romans or Moors.

I'm going to have to play it safe here and say pre-christian northern European with Mongols and certain Amerindians not far behind.

Are you not confident in your sexuality?
It's not gay to admire another man's well sculpted, Adonis body. They are an image of what we want to be, if we had the willpower and time. You admire their own dedication to their own perfection, and aspire to achieve success similar to their own.

Since men
-love to please women
-take pride in being noticed by women

clearly we must look at the society were women have the most lovers. Guess which ones it is? You do not know, ask your mother.

Agree

1800-1916 Britain was very manly

Zulu is a great movie

>Strong platonic friendships between men = homosexuality

user just because you are autistic doesn't mean you can sometimes still guess what people actually feel.

I know it's a meme - but Sparta. Men trained to fight and die, nothing else. Slaves were forced to do basically everything. Need more labor? Attack a city state and enslave their entire population.

lol wtf is that guy in cargo pants doing

>NHS
National Honor Society? Brainwash?

I forgot the best part, after Jonathan died, david ha this song commissioned and sung throughout the land to honor him

“How have the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle!
Jonathan is slain on your high places.

26“I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan;
You have been very pleasant to me.
Your love to me was more wonderful
Than the love of women.

And as king he slept with a lot of women.

If that ain't gay

Here's a better websites explanation. I didn't actually read what I posted so it missed some of the best parts because it was written by a flippant faggot.

David and Jonathan

This story seems, to me anyway, the most likely of of all of the possibly gay Bible stories. There was a special relationship between Jonathan and David. And it involved a love of one kind or another. But what was the nature of that love? To decide that, we need to go through the relevant material in the Bible.
Knit with the soul of David

This is the first mention of the relationship between David and Jonathan in the Bible. Apparently it was love at first sight.
The soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 1 Samuel 18:1
As a sign of his love, Jonathan took off his robe, garments, and girdle, and gave them to David.
Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments ... and his girdle. 18:3-4

Lord Frederick Leighton (Jonathan's Token to David, c.1868)

Jonathan (obviously) delighted much in David.

Jonathan ... delighted much in David. 19:2
The special relationship between Jonathan and David continued to grow. Jonathan swore he’d do whatever David wanted him to do, and together they went out into the field, where they swore, once again, their love for each other.
David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes ... Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee. 20:3-4
And Jonathan said unto David, Come, and let us go out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field. 20:11

And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul. 20:17

1/3

To the confusion of thy mother's nakedness

Saul was angered by his son's relationship with David and said, "do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion of thy mother's nakedness?"
Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness? 20:30
Here is how Jennings in Jacob's Wound makes sense out of the “confusion” and “mother’s nakedness” business.2
[I]n having an erotic/sexual relationship with David, Jonathan has had a relationship with someone who has had sexual relations with his father, and thus he has exposed his father’s nakedness. … Intimacy with David exposes the nakedness of David’s first lover (Saul) and thus of that sexual partner of Saul’s who is also Jonathan’s mother.

David and Jonathan "La Somme le Roy", 1290 AD

So Saul and David were lovers.3 Then Saul’s son, Jonathan, fell in love with David, which caused the confusion of Jonathan’s perverse mother’s nakedness. Or something like that.
And they kissed one another until David exceeded

David and Jonathan "kissed one another, and wept with one another" when they parted for, what they thought might be, the last time.
And they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 20:41
And here’s what an article at ReligiousTolerance.org says about the whole David “exceeded” thing.4
The original Hebrew text says that they kissed each other and wept together until David became large. The word which means "became large" in this passage is "gadal" in the original Hebrew. The same word is used elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures to refer to King Solomon being greater than all other kings. Some theologians interpret "gadal" in this verse as indicating that David had an erection.

Passing the love of women

David loved Jonathan more than women. (And he loved lots of women!)5
I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women. 2 Samuel 1:26
Although conservatives deny that there was a homosexual relationship between Jonathan and David,6 liberals are certain that there was. Here, for example is what Tom Horner says in his book Jonathan Loved David: “There can be little doubt, except on the part of those who absolutely refuse to believe it, that a homosexual relationship existed between David and Jonathan.”7

3/3

After reading that, it's clear that their committed relationship that included boners for each other's love.

You were separated from the rest of the continent by sea.

The Aztecs

That's not manly