Effay Gym Clothing

I'm looking for new fits to wear to the gym. Hit me with it, Veeky Forums

does it even matter? youre just going to get sweaty and smelly anyways so why not just wear whats comfortable?

that's my fucking gym frank's in, and it took me a while to realize that in his videos. that LA fitness has the most recognizable layout.

hit the gym with some nike dri-fit stuff, works as intended.

Course it matters to me, I posted the thread. If you can look good and be comfy why not do it? I have some really effay stuff already I wear to the gym and it's all really comfy.

Yeah I think he spends most his time in the US I think.

seen him once with his camera-guy, and awkwardly enough said to him, "hey you look like frank yang."

Fucking kek. I think it's your gym he was getting shit at for lifting while vaping too

where some funny, colorful socks and a cool graphic t like you always do.

dressing up to go to the gym is the exact opposite of Veeky Forums
wear the adidas track pants and a sweat wicking tee
that's all folks
part of being Veeky Forums is wearing appropriate clothing for the situation
your orlebar brown swim trunks and tricky ricky flip flops don't work so well when you're skiing

F U L L R I C K

Where does wearing nice but appropriate clothes to the gym tie in at all to not being fashionable? I'm not asking for recommendations on skinny jeans to wear while I lift.

Where can you get some funny, colorful cocks? I don't know buddy, you should shop around.

Buy dumbass tank tops and wear them all you like, but stick to solid basics from UA/Adidas/Nike/etc for pants. It's just my opinion, but bottoms tend to be a bit more important than tops when it comes to practicality - for example, if you're running, you don't want whatever's in your pockets bouncing all around, you want your junk adequately supported, etc. That goes doubly for shoes.

As for where I get the tops? I DGAF because they end up getting shredded up through wear anyway. I've sometimes just bought dumb shit on Amazon or AliExpress and intentionally wrecked it. Synthetic tops (e.g. UnderArmor) are nice for cardio but I can't stand them any other time. I mostly stick to cheapo but tight-fitting tank tops from Hanes just because I don't care if the knurl wrecks em up or something.

Just don't wear tights. It gets into Flanders territory.

your inability to post entry-tier questions in the appropriate thread (out of want for attention) makes it fair to assume you'd dress inappropriately as well (also out of want for attention).

>Where does wearing nice but appropriate clothes to the gym tie in at all to not being fashionable
If you're at a gym you are there to exercise or lift weights and get sweaty as hell, it's not a place where it's necessary to wear fashion. Unless you're an actual athlete it makes you look like a poseur.

All you need is a decent pair of pants or shorts (no sweatpants) and either a loose fitting tank top or a wicking shirt. Get a flat pair of sneakers for lifting of you really feel like it.

Do not wear polos
Do not wear basketball shorts
Do not wear sweatpants without underwear
Do not wear a sweatshirt with the hoodie over your head

I swear to god people on this board might be genuinely autistic man.

Who the fuck wants to look fashionable on the gym for fucks sake?!??

buy some adidas, nikes, under armours nobody cares

loose if you haven't made it
tight if you've made it

Possibly the affordable workout wear from Uniqlo?

I've looking at their stuff and it seems like good quality for not too much monies

Pretty Veeky Forums too imo

>Who the fuck wants to look fashionable on the gym for fucks sake?!??

you probably have no idea how much the right outfit helps your workout. when you are busting your ass in there and getting a pump, you want to be able to see as much of your skin as you can. nothing sucks worse during a workout than feeling like you look like an asshole. It's the classic, "when you look good, you feel good" adage.

Fuck you basketball shorts are fine.

Basketball shorts aren't even good looking on the basketball court. Develop a tiny bit of taste user.

No Gaylord. I go to the gym to fucking work out, not show off lululemon.

can you imagine what would happen though if like, the NBA all of a sudden took your advice and made everyone wear whatever the fuck it is that you might dream up? Lol every player would be labeled a gigantic faggot I bet.

Yeah, those are the only options clearly. Big boy baggy shorts or a woman meme. Why are you in this thread other than to damage control your bad taste.

>whatever the fuck it is that you might dream up
half the fags in the nba wear tights (ahem, sorry, "compression shorts") under their shorts as it is. there's surely a happy medium somewhere.

broo youre so gay

I don't give a shit what you were. There is nothing wrong with basketball shorts, and, contrary to your belief, not everyone is secretly sniggering at the guy squatting 450 because he's wearing, GASP, basketball shorts!

>you want to be able to see as much of your skin as you can
you are legitimately about 40% of everything wrong with the modern humanity

You're barely coherent. I suggest going back to whatever homeboard you drifted in from.

explain.
seems to me people like... well, me, haha, are the happiest and most confident. our workouts are a blast even if we're not associating with anyone else in the gym. all of that stuff takes place outside the gym. then again, maybe it's because i'm an amateur bodybuilder so my physique is generally mired by a lot of regular people anyway, but. seriously though, i challenge you to start wearing some properly fitting but revealing clothing to the gym. you will like it, i bet.

yea but by and large, when asked, "what do basketball players wear on their legs during games?" most people would likely respond "shorts" and not "compression shorts." you would probably have them looking like the style worn in the 70s and 80s or something. that's fine for the gym when you want to keep an eye on quad and hamstring development but not on the basketball court. times have changed.

>you would probably have them looking like the style worn in the 70s and 80s or something.
What is this strawman. Look back at what I wrote. I never advocated for changes to the uniform, I just stated that basketball shorts look awful on the court and off. There is a plethora of athletic short options at every inseam. Going with basketball shorts in the gym is simply a lazy option. If you're addicted to sports apparel, soccer shorts are less heavy, cooler (temp wise), and are cut nicer. If soccer's too gay, there are running shorts with a generous inseam.

ok true, i agree.

What are some decently looking shoes to wear to the gym? I just started going again and I've been wearing some old vans authentics, but they can get uncomfortable after a while.

Geobaskets

do you not own any shoes more comfortable than >vans authentics

if that gay shit in your picture seems cool to you, just [spoiler]look ridiculously gay and[/spoiler] do it.

Not that would work at the gym. I have to dress business casual for work and I mostly wear boots the rest of the time.

do your best to get strong but not super huge and wear shit like three wolf moon shirts while you go squat 3plate

Thanks Bateman.
You're great. I'll still wear my tights because I'm a gayboi though.

How do I get a really fit and lean body without increasing my leg size? (trying to reduce it actually)

I heard stretching, cardio and long endurance work outs are in that category of fitness

Dress like a Pokémon trainer in some expensive clothes and you're set

play the hand you were dealt

I have fuck huge quads and there's nothing I can do about it, I focus on creating more mass in my shoulders, upper back, and chest, to balance it out. also don't neglect your calves, and do a fuck ton of core work to make your abs pop.

>I heard stretching, cardio and long endurance work outs are in that category of fitness

Not really how it works, if anything doing a ton of MISS training is going to bring out the definition in your legs and make them look even more defined.

>b-but I don't want to get all muscley

That isn't how this shit works, unless you're on gear you're not going to end up looking like a hulk freak. Do your overhead press, lateral DB raises, calf raises, ab wheel rollouts, and a ton of pullups, and get yourself a balanced physique

If you're actually working out and not just posting selfies on instagram, you don't look good.
You're sweating, gurning and red faced contorted and out of breath. It doesn't matter what you wear as you stand side on pulling your shirt up in the mirror you look like a tool.
And if you don't you're not working out hard enough.

this is how I can tell you're ugly

nobody is taking a selfie in the middle of a deadlift, uggo

they're checking themselves out in the locker room wall mirror after they're done

>that feel when you get a semi from seeing your pump

a feel you'll never know, uggo

alright, thanks for the info

gyakusou
nike dri-fit
lululemon (pretty Veeky Forums Tbh)
fcrb

using geos for weighted pullups, genius

he's actually doing assisted pullups

>>justifying gym selfies
>>going to the gym to look in the mirror
>>becoming erect surrounded by men
>>manlet

Never gonna make it

The gym is one place you don't want to try to look fa
It makes you look like an insufferable try hard

It really depends on the gym. At my gym anyone under 50 is wearing nice athletic gear. Late model running shoes or romaleos or some such thing, lululemon for the women, under armor or whatever for the men. It's not really a power lifter gym, more of a gym for rich urbanites, so nobody is pulling 8 pl8 deadlifts, but not too many skellies either.

The only guys wearing ratty old undershirts and champion socks and shorts are fat old dudes who subscribe to the "must be ugly to focus on working out". I have no idea why they don't just join planet fitness or bally, but I guess even fat old dudes like to shower with Kiehl's bath gel while standing on a teak shower grate.
Cell phone use gets you thrown out of my gym. Doesn't make you less of an uggo :)

100% agree with this

why have ugly clothes aesthetics at the gym when you're there to cultivate your physical aesthetic? makes no sense to care about one and not the other, especially when it's so easy for them to be concurrent

Damn son did you join the Decepticons? They should call you Projector.

that would have been funnier before the michael bay movie
1/10 at least you tried

fucking weak ass bitch.

Old sleeveless t-shirts

thatshirtwascash.com

Based Sufjan. Who knew he was hot as fuck?

Your gym sounds lovely. What's the monthly or yearly fee?

I dunno what the yearly is, I'm paying $125 a month

It's hard to look bad in gym clothes if you're fit, so it doesn't matter, just keep at it, wear whatever's comfy and you'll look aesthetic eventually.

That's the worst kind of gym, no one really cares about lifting as a sport, they unironically think running shoes are the best thing to wear for the occasion. You're surrounded by mediocrity and no one inspires you to improve or compete in any way.

That's the shit I have to put up with after moving and being close to a similar kind of gym. My other gyms were cheap and a lot of juicing bros were throwing around broscientific advice but even that beats this sterile shit.

My gym situation honestly depresses me.

Romaleos aren't running shoes brah
Do you even lift?
It's a rhetorical question, because, obviously not

"Late model running shoes"

I dead 4 plate for reps, strapped no belt. I'm no powerlifter.

How 2 be more effay in the gym lads?

I used to think spending that was ridiculous, but lifting in a crowded gym makes me dread going there. I assume it includes towel service? It seems like such a small thing, but the little luxury of not having to byo towel (or bring home a wet one) brings me so much pleasure.

"Late model running shoes or romaleos"

I know reddit taught you that it's bad to ever try to deadlift with running shoes but it's completely fine unless you're doing like 8 plates. Some people just take off their shoes and deadlift in socks. That's fine too.

Then again you need running shoes to run and a lot of people warm up or do post-lifting cardio on the treadmill. I don't because I cycle 150+ miles a week but you probably don't. I mean, you do run, don't you? Oh, you're running in chucks? No? You're carrying 2 pairs of shoes to the gym? No not that either?

More likely you don't do cardio at all because you think it kills ur gains, because if you did, you'd instinctively understand why running shoes aren't a bad choice for gym wear.

honestly the most basic and 'fa' thing you could wear to a gym is a plain tshirt and tapered/cuffed sweatpants

It's actually a shit show especially weekday nights from October through March. But I work a really fucked up schedule so I manage to get there when it's slow or empty.

Towel service is included. I could save about $90 a month by skipping that, and the nice bath gels, but it really makes a difference in my sense of well-being, so whatever. It's not that much money.

wear a loose, long sleeve t shirt. look at your muscles in the locker room or at home. signal to the world that you're at the gym for yourself, not to show off for others.

Why would you run if there's no one chasing you?

I wear running shoes for convenience, they aren't new or even really great for running in ( not much cushioning). Deadlifting in adidas boosts is very stupid for example, both because you're wearing out 150 euro shoes and because you're losing a lot of stability.

I don't do cardio because it's boring as fuck, I cycle with friends and run with friends but only as a social activity. If you go to the gym and run on a treadmill you're literally retarded. If you "warm up" you're retarded as well. If you do "post-lifting cardio on the treadmill" you're also retarded.
Why are you listing all those retarded activities in one go?

You can run on a treadmill in chucks if you want, it doesn't make the act any more or less retarded, believe it or not it wasn't designed as a dress or weightlifting shoe.

agree. went to the gym midmorning and there was a 70+ year old dude just wearing a heather grey sweatshirt with his ivy league college logo on it, matching sweatpants (not tapered), chucks, and a bucket hat. best dressed person in the gym, and probably the same fit he's been wearing for 50 years.

>running shoes aren't great for running
Oh god, a barefoot running cultist, color me surprised
>Deadlifting in adidas boosts is very stupid for example
I have no idea what those are and I don't really care. There are are about a gorillion kind of running shoes that exist, some are thicker than others. If you're preaching about the evils of the ultra-thick-sole shoes, you picked the wrong board. You people are like mormons, you just love to babble
>I don't do cardio because it's boring as fuck
And let me guess you have a 158 IQ
>If you go to the gym and run on a treadmill you're literally retarded.
Go blog about it
> believe it or not it wasn't designed as a dress or weightlifting shoe.
Did you actually just say that?

The running shoes I wear to the gym are stiff and not very cushioning, they're great for walking around but not for running, which is why they're priced at 60 euros instead of 150.
Why would I be a "barefoot running cultist" when I clearly said I don't run AND that cushioning is a beneficial thing for running shoes to have?
Can you just try to follow the flow of the conversation?

I'm not sure what my IQ is, I'm educated enough and busy enough to know that I can get more enjoyment or more benefit out of other activities than doing "cardio" by myself on a treadmill.

Yo do know that the all-stars shoe was initially a basketball shoe, and that the sport of basketball involves a lot of running, right?

At this point I'm having a hard time figuring out if you're trolling or actually this bad at reading comprehension, so that's a job well done in case it's the former.

>
>Deadlifting in adidas boosts is very stupid for example
I have no idea what those are and I don't really care. There are are about a gorillion kind of running shoes that exist, some are thicker than others. If you're preaching about the evils of the ultra-thick-sole shoes, you picked the wrong board. You people are like mormons, you just love to babble

Deadlifting/squatting heavy on foamy soles tend to compress the soles resulting in unbalancedness and possibly a trip to snap city

fuck dude you sound kinda autistic

haha theres always that old geezer in the gym who can show anyone up. sounds like a sick getup

Work on your legs you topheavy fuck

Calves are hard to add mass. My upper legs are fine, just look small in the shorts.

You came into this thread freaking out at the idea of someone being inside a gym, wearing shoes made for exercise, and then you went on to defend running in chucks because "what do you think they were made for, getting dressed up in a suit?"

And then you yourself admit to wearing running shoes while deadlifting. Because wearing shoes for their intended purpose is wrong, but also wearing them not for their intended purpose is wrong. Really wearing shoes at all is only ok if it's you, because if it's anyone else their motives are suspect

I mean clearly you're some kind of amazing specimen, having figured out that everyone else who wears running shoes to a gym is automatically some kind of retard who "works out" while you're a super serious Mr. Universe who only TRAINS RRAWWRR

If realizing that wearing cushioning, 150 euro running shoes to work out in is both a waste and potentially dangerous makes someone amazing, then yes, I'm amazing.

I work out in plain, low tech, stiff running shoes because I wear them for convenience and apart from deadlifting and squatting I don't do any real technical lifts (which are all the rage nowadays with everyone doing functional crossfit stupid shit).

If you weren't autistic, you would see that my issue was with wearing fashionable, high tech sporting gear that's actually ill-fitted for the specific activity, in that instead of providing any of the value you're paying for, they're making you more prone to injury.

Expensive running shoes aren't made "for exercise" they're made for the actual sport of running long distance. Doing weightlifting exercises in them is akin to cycling in soccer shoes you paid 200 eurodollars for (although, admittedly, probably a bit less dangerous, equally wasteful and much more of a real life threat to ankles everywhere). You're in the wrong if you're expecting people not to think you're a wasteful retard.

That's the last (you) you're getting out of me, you're either unable to follow a basic conversation or an actual troll, in either case I'm better served not continuing this any further.

I just wear asic shoes and worn out all black nike top and bottom
black socks also
don't wear tank tops or those shitty youtube fitness shirts likewaste of money rather just get shit from thrift or marshalls

Sometimes I wear band-t-shirts
but only money that should spent for the gym is knee sleeves/resistance bands and good cushioning shoes
rest is trash

Maybe in Europe "late model running shoes" has some special meaning, here in America it just means that they came out in the last few years. Not that they're a SPECIFIC 150 EURO MODEL that triggered the ever living fuck out of you.

Do you have any idea how many new shoes get released and revamped every year?

What year did your shoes come out anyway? If it's any time after 1959, you obviously don't know SHIT about weight training and should just stick to yoga.