Long Hair General

No long hair general in the catalog so let's make one. I have a question: At what point while trying to get long hair do you get a hair cut?

Currently my hair has grown pretty long (1 year+) but it's pretty savage. Is it worth getting a haircut in the process of getting good length or should you just get to that length at all cost?

Bless brothers.

When your hair gets uneven its handy to equal it by the hairdresser

What should i do if when i grow my hair long it looks like crap because my hair is too dense?
I dont want to have the normie undercut.

some advice:

-cut 1/2 an inch every two months to avoid split ends, bu go to a hair dresser. don't just blunt cut, looks terrible. no layers for guys though either. your hairdresser will know what to do.
-don't shampoo every day
-buy high quality shampoo and condidtioners without sulfates or protein
-shampoo only your scalp - your hair needs natural oils, and you want some weight on the ends
-condition every other day
-rinse hair with cold water , pat dry, and let air dry - no hair dryer ever
-don't brush when wet
-don't brush with an actual brush, use a wide tooth comb

wish i would have known these things before i had a virgo girl in my life

Go to a salon, tell them you want it thinned out. If your hair texture is more like wool, there's nothing that will save you.

Growing mine out atm, idk if its damaged or really frizzy, its pretty curly but feels rough. A soon as wind gets it its fucked. I can tie it but my fringe hairs are about an inch off, What do /b/ ?

Also i dont wash it but i condition every day.

Thanks for this

no probs bro

learned this the hard way

if you don't allow your natural oils to keep your hair moisturized and treat your hair delicately it will end up broken and frizzy, which sucks.

i had to cut off about 9 inches due to this kind of damage.

About week ago I started to care about my hair, bought really good shampo and conditioner (used them twice so far and I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase).

My hair used to be really long and damaged so i cut it on monday and now it reaches my shoulders when dry (wavy hair). I used to tie it in a ponytail or a bun all the time, but now as my hair is way shorter I thought about trying different styles. Do you have any ideas what should I try?

What conditioner are you using? I would say that every day is probably too much no matter the conditioner. Maybe try to find a more natural/high quality one.

You might want to just do nothing except water too it for a couple weeks or so and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for starting this thread. With the summer heat and humidity I've been really thinking about going back to short hair. I just need to hold on until fall and then it will be cool and I won't mind the length.

Almost at 2 years without a cut myself and it seems like the section on the back of my head is a bit too long compared to the rest. I think I will try to get a trim soon.

Do you have any advice as to how to find a good hair dresser? I'm terribly afraid of going in and having too much trimmed off.

I'm not but I thought I might share my way on how to find a good barber. Ask friends or even random people that have good hairstyles about their barber and then do research in the internet, that's what I do, it works if you live in a big city.

Thanks, thats what I figured but I was wondering if there were specific things to ask for or look for. I suppose I assumed picking a hair dresser (for long hair) is more complicated somehow than picking a barber (for short hair).

>(You)
>Do you have any advice as to how to find a good hair dresser? I'm terribly afraid of going in and having too much trimmed off.

Actually no sorry. I'm a guy, and don't like that shit. Fortunately my lady knows her shit because I would not be caught dead in a hair salon kek

Whats wrong with going to a hair salon? Are you not comfortable and confident enough in yourself?

It's womanly.

I am very confident in myself, and my hair is long because I play in several bands, but I'm not a woman.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Holly shit that fit is fucking fire as fuck!
Any more Johnny Depp pics from this era?
So ahead of the curve

Any tips for a good conditioner? I'm not using shampoo and it's working out fine.
Thought about using Mane 'n' Tail - anyone know if it's good?

Is it ok to grow long hair if i have''roman nose" ?

>I am very confident in myself

1/2

2/2
also, sorry for the leo

whatever buddy

not all of us who visit Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums in general are sperged out like you

nordic nose master race reporting in

ye

>my hair is long because a play in several bands

Disgusting.

Growing a lion's mane

my hair is almost this length. a little longer in the back. what should i do with it?

Here you go.
Why not go no-poo? I do it with amazing results. However you say that you use a wide tooth comb. Doing the no-poo yóu have to use the Boar Bristle Brush though. Is that bad?

Are Aussie conditioner and shampoo too bad?

no poo? no thanks.

I don't like having smelly greasy hair which is what happens when you don't shampoo.

Just shampooing scalp only is fine. Cleans the scalp without stripping oils from ends.

everything aussie is bad

my hair has natural fluff to it, but when I used to shampoo/condition every day it always ended up looking flat and oily

finally went no poo a couple years ago, at first I got really bad dandruff, but that wore off after a month or so and my hair has been much better since

never used hair product or blow dryers or anything of that nature, buy natural soaps, air dry, get a cut every couple months

feels good, good luck bros

Hey OP I've been pondering the same as I've been growing for a long time without a trim. I have a wedding in Oct and I plan on getting trimmed before then but I'm not sure what I actually do. The back is a lot longer than the rest naturally. Not sure if I like even everything out or what. Do I just go in and ask for the Cobian?

I know what you're getting at with all this but the simple fact is not blow drying ever, even on cold is damn near fuckin impossible. Literally every girl out there with perfect hair does it so I think it's cool as long as you take measures to protect against heat w product. Secondly for someone with curly hair you have to come when wet. It's truly my only option. Even with a wide tooth comb

Hey Jon, how is it going in Winterfell?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Nopoo will not always make your hair smelly and greasy. And if it does that may be only a temporary condition after first stopping shampoo.

For some people nopoo is ideal, everyone should try it.

fucking beautiful hair
do u condition? it looks so healthy

how do you get your hair cut like this?
the sides and back of my hair are longer than the top and i want them to be the same length but not just a straight edge, more like this
pls

wow the Roman nose is mine so much

nordic and im polish

Thank you, I condition pretty much every time I shampoo. Which is around 2 times a week

Here is another. Same shirt different day :/, and side profile is recent. I should definitely cut it in the back right?

wish i had your texture of hair man, looks good.

i have the same question as you

Thanks dude I think you're at a perfect length that pony is picturesque

goal hair

>At what point while trying to get long hair do you get a hair cut

when you can step on it

>I should definitely cut it in the back right?
no

qt

thanks

Why'd you crop out your liddo feet?

>liddo
cropped them out because every time i post i get eiter
>CLOWN SHOES
or
>HOW BIG ARE YOUR FEET HOLY SHIT

when it's just a weird perspective and i wear a size 11

also because my jeans are shit and way too baggy

No offence homie, but boi or grill?

homie

dylan rieder

How to grow this hair the most efficient way? I have not washed it with shampoo for 3 weeks. I've just fondled my hair every time i went swimming, that is 3 times a day. In natural bodies of water.

Using schwarzkopf damage repair conditioner.

Hair use to go down to my hips, now it is mid back.

Dont condition the whole hair (especially the scalp), just the ends, also shampoos and conditioners are mostly wax fillers.

Forgot to add many brands might contain 1.4 dioxane, a carcinogen.

When/if you ever swim in a swimming pool you should always wet your hair with cold water to prevent damage from the chemicals the cold water causes the hair to close up and not wick.

>calling someone a sperg but wont go to a salon because he deems it girly like its the 1950s or some shit
if you care about how your long hair looks youre already considerably girly, go to a salon and get some dope ass hair, insecure baby