Least Veeky Forums cities

How's your city for fashion? Post rating and stupid trends spotted in the wild.

> SF. 0/10. Autists from tech industry wearing printed tees with their startup logo, generic low end levis bought by their mom from target because they are too busy working 14 hours for Chad and god awful, brightly colored running shoes, or brown hiking Skechers. Hoodies hoodies hoodies.

> ill fitting sweatpants or yoga pants as streetwear. They don't actually exercise. All the women wear activewear like someone gave them all a lifetime pass against wearing dresses or anything classy

> nigs wearing those diaper Aladdin pants with crotches down to their knees. Knee_length white tshirts. Seriously. Yesterday I saw one in a decent suit. Except he was wearing black socks and Michael Jordan sandals.

> CARGO EVERYTHING. If someone is wearing shorts there is a 70 percent chance they are CARGO.

> bearded muscular fags wearing tight jeans and tight tshirts.

The only people who dress differently from the rest of the eddie bauer types are the aggressive oakland gutter punk homeless. I never see any of the trends or brands I see on Veeky Forums. You'd think with all the vintage stores and the burning man scene people would develop some unique looks, but no. It's gross and I feel like I'm wasting my money dressing with some style around people that are blind to it.

It's not just my opinion. We get voted worst dressed in the nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

sf-looks.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>dallas

it's hot as fuck so most people dress casually which is generally not well since it's hard to dress well when dressing comfortably/lightly

that being said, there are a lot of well dressed people as well

>mfw i live in a small suburb in israel
>mostly orthodox Jewish
>not really effay, and the people whom are not religious are Arab-Core

SF is utter garbage for fashion. Thrift stores are filled with Gap, Asos, and other gutter tier trash. Some decent stores tho.

Saw a dude wearing white CPs and a green military jacket, prob a hype beast though.

Was in SF recently. There was no one dressed in anything interesting. I was wearing my UC Young Martyr parka and some rick denim with vegan ramones. Got a lot of looks, was expecting people to be more fashionable in a major city. Got some kid asking me in the bathroom at the Westin who made my shoes and I said Rick then he was like "yooo damn this guy wearing rick owens". So I guess its a big deal to people? I have no clue. Im from a smaller town so I have 0 contact with people into clothing. Was visiting SF for work.

So you felt my pain. It's a fashion wasteland with no excuse for it. The large gay population might help, but I stay out of the Castro.

It's like people here intentionally dress shitty.

wow i thought sanfran would be super fashionable. im from philly and i'd say like any major city theres a ton of people that just dont give a shit what they wear, but also theres a lot of people who look amazing. just walking down the street there's gonna be a lot of good looks.

>wah why didnt people notice my Veeky Forums approved wear that I bought with my moms money
Kek

stockholm is pretty good tbqh, very typical to see people in the 'dressed by the internet' suit. a lot of people into the floral pattern-meme though which sucks

Chattanooga (Tennessee) (America) is maybe a 3-4/10. Occasional streetwear fag (me and my friends) but most are people who dress like they're blind, dress like a try hard frat bro, or dress """"organically"""" (Patagonia, Granola backpack, some shitty ratty ass looking sweater, Prana climbing shorts, etc.) VERY few people (like me) actually know how to dress.

>im from philly
sup bro

Charleston, West Virginia, USA. Absolutely terrible. Either head to toe non-ironic camo or absolutely trashy. I want to know why people still wear low waisted, light wash, bootleg jeans in 2016. Why are chunky highlights still alive. I know absolutely nobody here that wears anything decent except MAYBE 3 people.

2/10, at least the mountains are pretty

im a girl but whatsup

>SF. 0/10.
>blah blah blah

You have to know where to be in SF. It's a very segregated city, by ethnicity, employment, hobbies, etc etc. You have to hang with cool people, and go to cool spots, or you can spend days seeing literally nothing but Ahmed the software engineer and his poorly fitted track suit.

SF is absolutely god-tier for preppy, wall-street style, which is what I'm personally into. Think right out of GQ. But unless you work in one of those buildings, or go to one of those bars, or get invited to one of their homes, you will literally never see those people, because they Uber everywhere and spend time in shit-your-pants expensive places you will never get into. My roommate started working in consulting a few years ago and it opened up a whole new world I never knew existed in SF.
tl;dr it sounds like you're too poor.

If you're looking for the faggy pseudo-bohemian shit it sounds like you expected, you need to go to East Bay. The right parts of Oakland and a little of Berkeley have the exact kind of shit you're talking about.
Alternatively, if you want to see this type of thing in SF proper, you have to hang at art galleries, go to bars in the Castro, etc.

go to the techno parties in sf/oakland there's people in acronym and CE

I live in Chicago I have been working lately so I forgot how people look

I though that SF tech companies were filled with hot fashionable dudes

>there are people on this board from flyover states for whom it's an amazingly rare sighting to see a pair of CPs in public

Boise, Idaho

nonexistent/10

We have basically no stores here, there's a tiny J. Crew and this one boutique which has some Rag & Bone stuff and a few other brands I don't care about but it's mostly female focused. A good part of the population is Mormon so there's a lot of girls walking around in shit like picture related. Still very regularly see Abercrombie and American Eagle logo tees. Most people just wear tee shirts and blue jeans with sketchers or something. There's also H&M-core art kids with a bunch of tattoos and bright hair.

I think there's a decent amount of sneakerheads here though and saw a dude wearing Red Octobers once.

I really can't blame anyone for being unfashionable though since we have basically nothing here, just an H&M, Nordstrom Outlet, and B-tier Urban Outfitters.

Hemet, Ca. Small ass retire town
Only people here that dress decent are the asians since most of us are relying on our parents money. Everyone else is still wearing khaki joggers with diamond supply co shirts and stussy jackets. Also the white girls are doing the whole daddy issues choker aesthetic with green hair but they're all either fat or doing it for attention and can't pull it off

>arabb
mostly hangout with /ultrarich/
so some awesome designers but god awful taste. Hermes H belts are pretty much a permanent accessory
Their parents dress a lot nicer

Sydney, Australia

4/10

Not abominably bad, theres half decent things being sold in smaller boutiques e.g. Henrik Vibskov, OL & YMC. APC store recently opened earlier this year. SFTM is every artisanal fuccboi's wetdream cum true and Andrew McDonald is underrated af.

International fast fashion came in late tho so zara, qlo, h&m got overhyped as fuck. Main reason its un/fa/ is how we're kinda isolated from bigger players & ridiculous import tax duties. Main consumers of recognizable high fashion seems to be Asians (for better or worse, both expats and locals). Most of these are for flexing i'd imagine

Walking around yesterday sneaker culture doesnt seem to be slowing down and people using legit functional trainers as a fashion statement e.g NB runners with the vibram sole.

Lancaster County, PA

10/10 everyone wears black because them Amish are plain as fuck.
Mennonites drive murdered out VWs everywhere.
The first digital watch was invented in Lancaster City
Lancaster City is hipster af with plenty of high end resturants and whiskey bars.
They still make ballin hand made shit like pic related
Fuck Philly.

haha cunt Adelaide here

2/10 so shit that even h&m, uniqlo, zara haven't taken off here yet, forgivable I guess because we're like 1/4 the size of Sydney and Melbourne

too much bogan filth, people in dadcore/whatever, the most prominent group of people who actually seem to care about their fashion are skater kids who dont even dress that well. most people seem to get around in mall-tier shirts, jeans whatever

there's a store which stocks real good denim (samurai etc) that i haven't checked out yet, there was another decent streetwear-y type thing that doesn't seem to exist anymore, yeah nothing else effay

on the plus side memes like stans aren't even remotely played out here, I still wear mine around and regularly get compliments.

i buy all my shit online, fuck this city

Well....

Whatever faggot

>i buy all my shit online, fuck this city

Can confirm i do the same. Fuck paying $80 for an AA hoodie

>manila

>fuccboi trash 2 months late to the trend
>knock-off fuccboi trash
>ill-fitting prepcore
>nu-male cuckcore

I'm in Salt Lake City for a day and it's honestly the most repulsive place in the western United States.

> >nu-male cuckcore

Actually very curious about this look. Pics?

How do you feel about all the food snack bar?

Vancouver, BC

We're not bad really, go downtown and everyone at least makes an effort to look alright.

I rarely see any "fashion" people doing something cool

Tons of inspiration from homeless people / junkies or old / average folk

You've got more options than we do in the panhandle, my nigga. Boise sucks fat ones though, I feel ya.

Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Winter 10/10

Summer 1/10

Iowa.

The biggest fashion news is the rumour that Jordan Creek Mall in Des Moines MIGHT get a H&M and every basic bitch is losing their goddamn mind over that.

I'm in Dallas for the summer and I just wear long sleeves whenever especially since I only go out in the evening

At least the panhandle is aesthetic af

also if you live in Coeur d'Alene I'd argue you're almost better off since Spokane has 2 actual Nordstrom and I imagine some other small shops and Seattle could be viable as a day trip

Olomouc, Czech Republic

H&M + Roshes country. That's the absolute pinnacle of fashion here. It's sad because the people who legitimately don't give a fuck about what they wear look way better than these people. There's a small hibsder:DDD community but it's the shitty beards flannel beat up leather boots lmao kind who just listen to arcade fire and similar shit all the time. At least they have a containment cafe outside the city center

It's the same way everywhere else in Czech Republic, except in a few gentrifying neighborhoods in Prague like Letna, Holesovice or Zizkov, those are actually pretty nice.

Liverpool, UK.
Literally every cunt here wears outdoor brands like TNF, Berghaus, JackWolfskin, etc. I don't think anyone really cares what they look like as long as the brand is recognisable and their benefits (welfare) are coming in.

Actually, the asians that come to the city for university are pretty streetwear, and wear stuff like Supreme which is pretty unheard of by most people here. The city centre is pretty fashionable in general, desu. Everywhere else is shit.

UES in NYC.

Contrary to expectations, I live and work in a medical district so most people are burnt out doctors who don't care and thus dress like shit. Apparently things are much better downtown tho

Manchester isn't Veeky Forums. It's got something cool about it but at the end of the day it's not as good as it thinks.

Similar situation with scouser here

Almost every US cities except maybe NY

they are actually well dressed

I only drove through El Paso, but have to think it takes the cake.

salt lake city 4.5/10

consistently two years behind on trends, joggers were popular as fuck last winter

all the dudes wear overhyped fuccboi mall shit, and then the Mormons probably have the most disgusting fashion style

at least 25% of the girls are well dressed qts, especially the asians but again Mormon girls fashion here is a cross between tumblr and the 19th century

Same m8. Do you remember a couple years back when the Mormons built City Creek mall and got super hyped because it would have an H&M?

Praise Heavenly Father for online shopping

I should have mentioned the Asians dress pretty well, I saw a chick in CPs the other day and freaked out because it's literally the first time I've seen them in Adelaide. I guess they lift the city to like 3/10. I live in wog trash hell though

Buffalo

nonexistant / 10

Jesus Christus!

Seattle

Maybe once a month I'll see someone in a 6/10 fit

See that shit all the time in Sydney, especially cus I go to unsw, rick is actually probably the most common designer thing I see, although there's many more fob hypebeast Asians wear various shitty designer brands like zanottis, givenchy, mcq, fendi etc

Strange, you are only an hour or so from Vancouver where most girls seem to dress well above average.

The men still dress like manchildren though.

Helsinki
5/10
Occasionally very Veeky Forums
Most of the time not.

Cambridge, UK
5/10
A lot of cargo wearing spergs and awfully dressed tourists, but a lot of the students are pretty well dressed, especially the girls. See several intellectual cuties on their bikes every day.

Maastricht, Netherlands

Mostly rich old people who dress like shit and poor old people who dress like shit.

V bad where I live. Not just the city, all of it.

We have TONS of malls many of which are positioned right next to each other and very close to villages/divisions/subdivisions/etc. unlike in america where I heard it takes a long drive to get there, but it is quantity over quality over here. So many malls, so little good worthwhile stores to buy from. Whats fucked is our customs also suck. They do things like eat the chocolates you purchased, seek an amount of payment that depends on how expensive your shit looks like and then pocket the money, etc. Some people wanna look americans and copy the bad shit, some want to look kawaii nippon/korea desu ne, some just dont give a fuck. We even have this popular cosplayer bitch saying the whole place is "not fashun forward" when she isnt fashun forward herself. Its so bad and all over the place. I read tons of foreign fashion mags and when they do a "travel around asia" thing to do snapshots of fahionable people from all around asia, they always, always skip my country. Lel I dont blame them.

0/10

I live in the littlecity of Pau in France.
Here girls are all hoes, wearing minishort we can see their ass
Leggings, huf sweat-shirts, military green jacket and Stan Smith
The mens? Palace, huf, obey
People wearing fake suprême, fake ozweegos, fake Bape
0/10

St. Paul
-100/10
Gym shorts and college hoodies everywhere

>Andre Rieu

absolutely based with 10/10 fits

have y'all noticed that almost nobody thinks their city is super fashionable? its cause you all think that a fashionable city means everyone walking around in designer shit. NO CITY IS LIKE THAT!!!!!!! ugh its so annoying.... there is not a single city where everyone walking around is in a 10/10 outfit. not nyc, not london, not paris. so stop fucking complaining about nothing

Fucker I know where I live is unfashionable because people think a camo under armor hoodie paired with light jeans, pigshit stained boots and an Iowa Cockeyed hat passes as socially acceptable to wear out to dinner.

lmao i hate boise so much. moving from that shithole to denver in a few days. good luck boise user

well, where do you live? hk?

>Cologne
Mostly h&m or zara with many, MANY turbo tumblers. And many arab-core thanks to mudslimes. I'm moving out to smaller city.
>people actually ask me in which h&m I can cop this jacket (wear Cav Empt and Undercover outerwear).

It's even worse in smaller german cities.
Shit like H&M is considered as high fashion by normies here.

Well, they are at least cleaner and comfier. Have enough of this shitty big city life.
NRW ist allgemein scheiße, aber ich muss hier bleiben wegen der Arbeit. Mindestens gehe ich aber für ein Jahr nach Hong Kong...

>Manny, 23
>“I’m wearing a mix of clothes that I got on sale at various places or just eBay, I don’t really remember specifically. Also with my Halo, crystal earrings, and a necklace I found on eBay. My style is really influenced by science-fiction and mysticism, if it looks like a cyborg angel would wear it, I’d probably wear it.”
sf-looks.com/

Sacramento, CA

0/10

Every guy here dresses like that David Black guy despite the weather, and every girl here is is a walking Abercrombie promotion with flip flops.

Different user but I remember that shit.
At least the alternative fashion is alright but last night I actually saw someone in a Yung Lean shirt

Indianapolis, IN

>flyover state
>no one knows how the fuck to dress, either dadcore, nigcore, or frat bro prep
>girls are vapid as fuck and wear one style only (Birkenstocks/vineyard vines/short shorts/converse etc)
>no effay stores, the most we have is literally a saks fifth and a mall with an H&M
>everyone is fat
>just fucking kill me

W2c Pied Piper Letterman?

Lol in Iowa I can get away with anything that isn't graphic tees and cargo shorts and basically getaway. People who try to dress up typically look more thrift-store hippy or street style. Still way behind anywhere else but I've grown to appreciate how little I have to spend to look decent around here.

SF is bad? San Jose is even worse. The Pinnacle of fashion here is Urban outfitters for girls, and yeezy swag fag for men. Every menswear brand made in San Jose is the same bullshit graphic tee streetwear shit that may have been popular 5 years ago.

We'll be able to wear Stans for the next 9 years before the hogfuckers catch up.

>live in lancaster
>drive a hektik vw
what's good bro

>Live in a small town near Indianapolis

It's so fucking bad. Standards are so low that if you just wear some h&m and aren't a fatfuck you're a fashion god to them.

Lol I know the person who runs sf-looks. She also used to run hel-looks (techno interests me)

that's actually pretty dope desu, would be better if he was pale and had perfect skin though

>live in a different state
>drive a hektik vw also
Turn up

post yours nikka

nah were trash senpai I live downtown and everyone is fucking forever 21 tier literally no one has any individually sparked sense of fashion. I've seen one dope fit in the past year 95% of vancouverites are basic or Mac demarco clones

that girl who's turned around, she be cute

Ottawa

0/10

Nobody cares about upper anything side except workaholics and Columbia students

Rouen, France
4/10 you see some cool people in some places but mostly bcbg shit and wannabe parisians but paris isn't even that good outside of certain sections that wannabe parisians most certainly do not imitate

which hardly matters when you realize she's a crazy horse girl who puts jesus christ before anything else

New goal, fuck a Mormon

Minneapolis is better anyways

I literally despise this man

pretty ez, just convince them that you're going to marry them so it's okay and then you have a crazy sexually repressed yandere gf

Not him, but I'm positive it's Philippines

>t. Flip

toronto

people still wear skinny jeans uniornically, converse shoes everywhere, lumberjack fags still around.

It is like time stopped in 2003 in Toronto

(ffs people still think graffiti is cool)

What another philly FA poster? What's good

Vancouver is pretty bad, son. Even the Asians can't put it together in Van

Melbourne
>Thrifted jackets or sprays
>Boxy t shirts
>Cuffed Straight legged jeans or cords
>dad or 5 panel
>Tote bag
>Most money spent on shoes

Eh, I used to think that too but I've come full circle and am able to appreciate people's manner of dress for the purpose it serves them, not by my own niche standard of high fashion

You gotta be able to look past the clothes and see the entire package

Also depends who you're hanging around with, there's actually hella dope "fashion" fashion people too

>there's a lot of girls walking around in shit like picture related
that's pleasant and attractive attire. better than the uggs/yoga pants/blazer combo 99% of girls wear hear everywhere in the states.

>people think a camo under armor hoodie paired with light jeans, pigshit stained boots and an Iowa Cockeyed hat passes as socially acceptable
This made me laugh internally. Thank you.