American protestants think Harry Potter and Pokemon are works of satan

>American protestants think Harry Potter and Pokemon are works of satan.

And people wonder why young people are becoming less religious.

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/magazine/articles/the-morals-of-magic
youtube.com/watch?v=OrX_qrm9XYA
youtube.com/watch?v=GgkTbQc63G0
youtube.com/watch?v=2k8snj97xY0
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_controversy#Religion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_debates_over_the_Harry_Potter_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Harry Potter one is justifiable since it presents witchcraft as something good and attainable maybe

The pokemon's fucking nuts tho

J.K Rowling flat out said her Harry Potter story is a Christian allegory

>taking Witchcraft as seriously
That's how you go in jail by the inquisition, it's not real. It's fiction.

The general idea behind the Pokémon thing is that it promotes evolution, which some people (ie: Retards) believe is an invention of Satan to corrupt the precious minds of good Christian children.

Becoming less like protestants, which is a good thing.

>Pr*ddies not actually acting like Christians
What a shocker

But pokemon evolution has nothing to do with darwin's evolution. Darwin would be super mad if he watched pokemon.

You honestly expect the average Bible-thumping fundie retard to know that?

>promotes evolution
But it doesn't? It's video games.

Tell that to the fundie soccer m9ms that still spout this shit.

I did, shit got heated and I ended up throwing holy water and telling her the devil is inside her.

She's an idiot then for even trying considering the bible's rather heavyhanded approach to witchcraft

of course its not real but why would someone who's trying to follow a religion knowingly watch something that glorifies what said religion heavily condemns?

Because it ain't real, no such thing as magic and spooky shit.

Considering the fact that "witchcraft" in the bible isn't what popular culture defines as witchcraft and is more like being someone who make various types of poisons there's no issues using popular culture's definition of witchcraft in an allegorical way

here in huezil, protestants shat on Yugioh

>protestants in hueland

Bro did you step out of '96?

Evangelicals are much more subtle than they were in the pre-internet times. Now they engage in sophisticated apologetics instead of cultural witch hunts

theres plenty of them.

They're our secret weapon against muslims

>protestants
>good against muslims
>not the paramilitary faggots you got running around in the Amazon that really wants some cred would kill the muslims

think of this way right.
Muslims generally got the down in the luck, in prison, poor bastards that have nothing left to leave.
Our protestants already have firm monopoly on those people.

So they own the jails or are the protestants in jail? I'm not following.

BEHEAD ALL THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT YA

>sophisticated apologetics
Kent Hovind gets shitposted here almost every day

Even at that, the issue is less "magic is part of the book's universe" and more "HOW it's part of the world's universe."

Now if it were set in a pure fantasy world or a world where it's analogous to ours but VERY different, that would probably lessen many qualms (including mine for the general hatred I have for "hidden world" stories like HP, Percy Jackson and MIB) but also when compared to Lewis Magic or Tolkien Magic, Rowling Magic isn't an inherent reality of the world limited in access to very few being's who all happen to be supernatural already (Gandalf isn't a human Wizard like Dumbledore so much as he's an ancient fantasy Angel) and when humans or similar beings try and use magic it ALWAYS backfires and corrupts them because Magic is seen as a divine force not meant for mortals to wield.

Magic isn't bad in fiction, it's presentation is.
catholic.com/magazine/articles/the-morals-of-magic

Pokemon evolution was more like metamorphosis, not Darwinist evolution

>unironically linking to catholic dot com

I want these /pol/-tier Christcucks to leave

>some cuckold from reddit trying to shitpost

>anyone is disagrees with my religious spam is plebbit lmaooo

>he's still shitposting
Veeky Forums have sex

>being anti-religious makes you a redditor
Top fucking kek, I bet you can't even remember Veeky Forums before it became the bastion of conservatism and stormcuckery

I do remember, and now it is.

As I've said, fundies don't know anything about evolution, yet whine about it anyways.

It's because /pol/ always has to be contrarian. Because science and social leftism has become somewhat popular in society now, /pol/ has become a bunch of religious faggots. I kinda want a revival of religion just to prove they would go the opposite direction.

Fundies of any generation hate the new incoming generation.

That's how fundies work, have worked since the beginning of fundamentalism, and will do so until the end of fundamentalism.

And honestly I wouldn't mind if they just stayed in their containment board. But they shit up Veeky Forums too.

People who think they are the product of "evolution" don't understand the implications of what they are thinking.

Maybe it's because you got redditors flooding the board and people heading towards here.

youtube.com/watch?v=OrX_qrm9XYA

>science
>somewhat popular now
>now

Dumbest post of the year.

I was catholic before i found /pol/

Every living thing is the product of evolution. Evolution is the process in which every living thing diverged due to a multitude of random and non-random factors that changed them biologically to make them either more or less fit for their environment/surroundings. Over time you start to see larger changes because naturally with more time passing more mutations and such can occur. It's a slow, and very long process (usually) but we can easily observe it the natural world. (especially in areas where the color has changed rapidly, you see the more "sneaky" colored organisms survive and become the dominant populace)

I meant in popular culture. That's where /pol/ derives what to do the opposite of.

has it not occurred to you that conservatives are ousted from every other website so the website that will tolerate anything is a natural home for them?

Thank you, I already knew you were an idiot.

Where was this at? The webm, I mean

/pol/ is becoming popular culture.

Turkey i think

Which is not a good sign for humanity's future.
That doesn't surprise me at all, honestly.

Why am I an idiot? I mean I dumbed down my explanation quite a bit, but the points are still there. Biology is one of my favorite fields, so it stings a little when I see retards like you go ">EVOLUTION >REAL" unironically when people have worked so hard to oust creationism from schools and such. You retards want to put it back.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

you're a fucking idiot because you're attacking someone for something they didn't fucking do

idiot

Don't fall for it!

Oh nevermind, I'm an idiot. I misread what he was saying. Carry on lads.

:^)

Take that cheeky smily and shove it up your ass.

You sound aggravated.

>tfw offering mormon cucks coffee before telling them I'm a catholic
They still come back. Protestants are literal cancer

I think young people are less religious for other reasons.

You mean the Jews?

Veeky Forums has never been anti-religious, not even during the chanology clusterfuck. Reddit/atheism raided us back in 2010-2011 and now again in 2015-2016 when they heard rumors we turned christian. Actual atheists and agnostics on here don't give a shit about others being religious.

>contrarian

Heavens forbid anyone has an opinion that's different from yours. They must be p-p-pretending!

>science

The fuck are you talking about? /pol/ is the most militant "STEM major or nothing" board on Veeky Forums.

>social leftism

Because saying that someone disagreeing with you online is tantamount to physical rape and needing safe spaces is batshit insane and I'm saying that as a democrat. These are often (but not always) valid criticisms of the far left, not mindless contrarianism.

youtube.com/watch?v=GgkTbQc63G0

For posterity

All young people are religious

they are adepts of consumerism

*tips*

What the fuck am I watching? Why are Jehovah "Witnesses" triggered over a fucking toy? Jesus Christ are they like the faggots who piss on 2d because it's "immoral"

I mean sophisticated the same way people mean "mental gymnastics"

Science has been popular since the 19th century and very popular in 20th century.

Don't spend your money and time on toy, spend it on watch tower and watch tower accessories.

But it's a fucking toy. Also hold up? Do they believe in magic? Because if they get offended by a wizard it means they buy into the magical shit and want to disown it, instead of being blunt and realizing that it's fucking fake. I don't get it, why are they fucking asinine and can't understand if they buy into the magic shit and want to disown it, they become the problem.

Only the scum of the country converts to different kinds of meme protestantism since it's that kind of people who listens to missionaries the most. The rest is catholic because that's the normal thing. It's a thing in all south america.

So it's degenerate protestants fighting degenerate moslems?

They're a nonchristian cult. Of course they're going to be crazy.

youtube.com/watch?v=2k8snj97xY0

Hey, can we be real here? What the fuck is up with JW? When did they start up?

>What the fuck is up with JW? When did they start up?

Watch the video, the history is at 4:17

Why are they fucking idiots? I don't get it.

American education has always been terrible.

Can we please stop this meme of declaring people non-Christian for believing really retarded and distorted version of Christianity, Christianity is the recognizing of Jesus of Nazereth as the Messiah, That is it, one clear exception is Islam.

>That is it
No it isn't

The what is? Not just for my sake, but others, please provide an explanation of your point?

I was gonna say the rise of secularism & skepticism, but whatever.

No, Christianity at the bare minimum is the Apostles' Creed or at the very very least, the unique divinity of Christ.

JWs deny Christ's divinity, claim he was the archangel Michael, and just a man in life. JWs and SDAs also believe in soul sleep which denies the communion of saints. Mormons believe everyone is a god and Jesus is just the eldest sons of Elohim along with Satan. And that Elohim incarnated as Adam and incarnated again for one night stand to fuck Mary and deny the virgin birth. Christian Scientists claim Jesus was just first "Christian Scientist" trailblazer.

JWs, Mormons, and "Christian" ""Scientists"" are in no way Christians beside ripping off Jesus' name and backstory for their proto-new age religions much like Islam.

See was that so hard? You've provided information, see how that's better than "No it isn't"?

found the hedonist

Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian since they deny that Jesus is Jehovah.

Read:

It's the Shinto themes. I'm recalling the one episode with Sabrina, the gym leader of Saffron City.

The problem here isn't religion, it's radicalism
Fundamentalists from every Abrahamic religion have found a problem with modern entertainment.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_controversy#Religion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_debates_over_the_Harry_Potter_series

>bulbapedia
kys

>Many prominent rabbis have described the Harry Potter books as, in the words of one, "a force for good".[71][72] In 2005, a conference at the University of Reading debated whether Harry Potter had a "yiddishe neshama" (Jewish soul).[73] Sir Jonathan Sacks, the former chief Rabbi of the Commonwealth of Nations, claims that, in "a society in which adolescents are precociously adult, and adults are permanently adolescent", Harry Potter has "reclaimed the kingdom of childhood, proving that you don’t have to betray to enchant".[74]

Veeky Forums hasn't been anti religious but neither has it been pro religious like it is now. I liked this place way more when it wasn't all about politics and >muh crusade against sjw's and muslims

it's so easy to debunk religion these days and still you people (talking about /pol/) insist on forcing it down peoples throats because you have a massive hard on for traditionalism and despise anything popular

Veeky Forums was pretty anti-religion in general from 06-09. Not actively, it was just the general average user was someone who recognized religion for the artificial social abstraction that it is. This is a place where people who are socially rejected tend to accumulate, and ten years ago being nonreligious was a common factor in not having many friends. A lot has changed in ten years, and now it's the reverse, and religious people are looking for a safe space.

The biggest religious posters here are pretending, some for trolls others for sport. It's challenging to defend something logically that's impossible to base in logic, and people try anyway as a sort of debate hobby.

I remember my friend's fundie Baptist dad burned his D&D books back in the 80's.

He converted to Catholicism because of it.

If anything, Pokemon promotes games animal fights.

Which, being from the Philippines where we fight Cocks and Spiders, isn't really that offensive to me.

Or to other Asians really. Chinks fight crickets, fish, & quails, Japs beetles and fish.

stretched his legs

Veeky Forums was better when people didn't give a fuck about /pol/ Sure, go ahead and call Mussies goatfuckers and sandniggers but hearing about how they're the spawn of satan and that jews niggas are the root of all evil gets really old real quick.

>it's so easy to debunk religion these days
Nice try rebbit

What do these niggas do with bronys?

Here in America, it's just the Magic players and anime fans with taste who shit on Yugioh. And rightly so.

Hopefully they execute them
Horsefuckers deserve no tolerance
kys

This desu

lmao you show him christfriend

The thing is that if you ignore /pol/ these days they'll just infiltrate every single board. You have to call them up on their bullshit or they'll spread like cancer. Of course then they'll start using the victim card but it's better than having every thread turn into a discussion about the inferiority of black people and the fight against sjws