on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZxR1YqPJrr8
youtu.be/BCxnIUTwFV8
youtube.com/watch?v=pxo9gmfhVrw
youtube.com/watch?v=HAJ3fdYIxXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want.

Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

first for GIT is GOAT

>buying the inferior remix

Yes but David Hasselhoff is "designer" and Creed is rare obscure niche known only to the most knowledgeable underground fragheads :^)

regardless of preference, Cool Water would be the remix since GIT came out first

>believing creed's history revisionism

i'm not talking about those ridiculous Creed backstories, but GIT hit stores in 1985 and Cool Water in 1988

Nah TL is GOAT and it's not even up for debate.

>TL
>holding a candle to the JVQ

>JVQ

What does that even stand for?

I think it's a clone, don't listen to him.

What is the best summer blind buy? Leaning towards Grey Vetiver EDT

I like Grey Vetiver, but slightly prefer Guerlain Vetiver.

Do you own any fancy scented candles, anons?

Recently copped pour homme by versace for a summer fragrance and it's amazing. Also have been getting an insane amount of compliments on it. Figured I'd just put this out there if anyone is looking for a new summery smell. Thanks for reading my blog

Awesome fragrance. Are there any other fragrances that have that alluring and fresh citrus scent? I like inoffensive scents. The only issue with VPH is its longevity

Tres Nuit is an exact reversed engineer fragrance and cost 20 dollars.

i got some Diptyque candles, too, their latest holiday set from last winter. they are fucking great.

Thoughts on black orchid as a man frag? I'm tempted to semi blind buy (tried it at a duty free long ago) and from what I remember it was pretty rich and indolic (not a problem for me) and it didn't strike me as particularly feminine. Something like a cross between lacoste white, amen, and some fruit.

Looking to expand my spring and summer collection. Need recs

All I have at the moment is

>Lacoste White
>Armaf Tres Nuit
>Nautica Blue

what you think? Don't care about notes, just keep it under 140 dollars.

Should cologne be worn everyday or only for special occasions?

I hated this but never tried GIT itself, so make whatever you want from that.

Everyday imo. Like the info graph says, it's a fun accessory for men, considering men do not have a ton of options for expressing themselves in accessories.

Totally personal choice. I consider fragrance part of my outfit and feel naked without it, but plenty of other people just see it as a special occasion "dressing up" thing.

samples for Le Labo city exclusives are now available worldwide (full bottles don't go on sale until September for only that month). expensive as fuck though at $12 USD for 1.5mL

anything worth checking out?

With Fall right around the corner what do you guys have on your to-purchase list? For me:
Prada Amber Pour Homme
Boss Bottled Intense
D&G The One EDP
Hanae Mori HM
Thierry Mugler Pure Wood
L'Occitane Eau des Baux

I have 3 on my to get list

1) SL-Five O'clock Gingembre

2) Dior Sauvage

3) Acqua di Gio Profumo

May i ask you to elaborate on your interest in sauvage?

I'd get ADG profumo is more of a hot summer night frag imo.

encre noire, rive gauche, and not sure between habit rouge dress code and LIDGE

i'll likely cop 2 or 3 of the following:

Serge Lutens Chergui
Diptyque Volutes EdP (would get the EdT, but it's been discontinued, sadly)
Tom Ford Private Blend Noir de Noir
Le Labo Thé Noir 29
L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme
Dior Homme

any suggestions for which 2 or 3? i've sampled them all and like them about the same. price is not a factor.

bvlgari aqua and flankers, bvlgari extreme men is really underrated, TdH eau tres fraiche, dior homme sport, chanel edition blanche

>Chergui
mmm, baby poop

young single mothers love that stuff

>baby poop
I did not get that at all. not even the faintest hint, and there isn't anything animalic about it either.

I don't have a casual every day / all season scent yet. Plus girls like this.

why?

No special reason, I'm just interested like that for other peoples voice on it
I myself am right in the middle on it, can't decide what i think of it

>9+ hours after applying guerlain vetiver sticking your nose into your shirt to get a whiff of the drydown

is there a comfier fucking scent I think not desu

18 years old and have never worn fragrance in my life. I'm going to the mall later this week to try a couple of fragrances that I see recommended here for all seasons (Dior Sauvage and YSL L'homme). Any other fragrances that I should look out for?

add Bleu de Chanel and Terre d'Hermés to those two and you have the Big 4 of the most rec'd designer scents in these threads

Depends on whether you want to smell nice or uniquely nice

try stuff from Dior, Hermes, Bvlgari, and Chanel

need to cop another bottle of this soon. Varvatos frags always seem to get hated on. not sure why.

because they have not tried. people also judge on the initial smell and not the lasting one.

im curious, have you gotten a chance to smell Vintage? if so, thoughts?

Its a good scent for evening/night use. I wouldnt wear it to work or school.

get Volutes, Noir de Noir, and Dior Homme

If you're not a super manly-man, then hell yea go for it. I think Black Orchid is mostly unisex, with a slight lean towards feminine. I've worn a sample of it a time or two, and I love it. I love Dior Homme, Midnight in Paris, La Nuit de L'Homme; so a lot of my favorites are on the more androgynous side, vs. being super masculine.

>cross between lacoste white
Huh? I don't see where you're getting that from

By the way, the longevity is unreal. Especially the way it sticks to your clothes. I sprayed some on my chest once, went out to do a few things, came back and took my shirt off and hung it back up (I didn't sweat or anything so it was still clean). I didn't wear that shirt again for probably two weeks. I put it back on, and I was like wtf, this shirt smells amazing what fragrance is this? I spent a few minutes looking through my collection trying to figure out what I was smelling and then finally remembered that I had worn Black Orchid two weeks ago and I was still smelling it quite strongly on the shirt. Amazing stuff.

I know it's not related, but wtf is wrong with cara, she's the model but St. Vincent always looks much more Veeky Forums than her

ThisIf you enjoy wearing them, then make it an "accessory." If you can't be bothered having multiple bottles for multiple occasions, then get one for just special occasions.

I would advise against having only one fragrance that you wear every day, however. Because most fragrances aren't that versatile, and will seem out of place in certain scenarios. For example, Spicebomb for a day at the beach. Or wearing Bvlgari Aqva for a suit & tie event.

I personally enjoy accessorizing my scent with the occasion, time of day, season, etc. & collecting is fun as long as you're smart and don't get caught up in blind buying. And try to only keep bottles that you truly love. I ended up having quite a few that were just "meh," but I've since become smarter about it and sold off the stuff that I never wore.

shes a normie with a lot of money

lol you're such a pleb

any nigga who actually got money and taste and access to all the shit that rich people do knows it aint no thing and when you're in the fucking airport it's time to get comfy

money can't buy style. Veeky Forums's trust funders proves this.

I think you will be fine with just Dior Sauvage. It's versatile, girls love it, and it's youthful.

Guaiac 10 Tokyo

that's it really (inb4 weaboo)

>that pic

dont make me feel, user

cara doesn't seem like a very intelligent or creative person to me.

I dont care about celebrities so I dont know much about how she usually dresses, but she seems to be at an airport so it is perfectly understandable to be dressed comfily instead of an aesthetically pleasing way

when i sit still for 9 hours i wanna be comfortable, so you people judging her in this instance isnt very warranted

Any fragrance that smells just like Old Spice Swagger ?

seriously, fuck that pleb. He ruined the whole fragrance community by letting all these wannabe dude bros in.

literally normies reeeeeeeeeee: the post

I really want to post my collection but I'm saving up for 2 more cops and than I'll show you guys and see what ya think.

It's slightly feminine, we all know that chicks are lesbians.

>Female.
>Wearing anything other than Paco Rabanne's Black XS at night and Olympea at day.

Enjoy your basic bitches.

Jeremy is cool bro and his content is always valuable. I know you hate him becauses hes a Chad.

The other user's right. There isn't genuine, interesting discussion about fragrance here i.e. niche houses, vintage hunting, etc just: "w2c from Macy's so I'll drown in pussy guiz thinkin bout la nuit c/n anons?" This general literally attracts the lowest common denominator on Veeky Forums for some reason but it should be the opposite.

My best assumption is young guys flock to this thread thinking fragrance is the answer to overcome their insecurity around girls (HURR COMPLIMENTS), and they're all shepherded by that fag on YouTube.

Post faves, and why you like em.

Viktor&Rolf Antidote is just a classy jack of all trades fragrance that works very well albeit i dont use it often as its discontinued and I only have one bottle
A*Men Ultra Zest when its hot out and I want something that lasts and is sweet but not cloying also love the creamyness.
Valentino Uomo when I cbf wearing Dior and although I find it sweet and quite unisex it feels different enough to to have an air of sophistication.
Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisee - When I want something a little more mellow than GV or super masculine vetiver scents but still want that well blended fresh vetiver Guerlain does so well.
Chergui by Serge Lutens is my favourite warm me up fragrance for the winter its rich and dense and I can understand that diaper smell, I thankfully don't get it but overall it just seems like a safe niche for the most part that creates comfort for those around.

I wasn't the same user who you asked though I do have a decent sized collection

This is by far my favorite, it´s peppery, masculine and smells expensive without being ostentatious.

Has anyone here tried Bond No. 9 Shelter Island?

Recently I have found Gucci Pour Homme. It's third day I'm trying it and it smells great imo. Anyone had it or tried it? What's your opinion?

Check out these vids* I found. Somebody is angry at Jeremy Fragrance.

youtu.be/ZxR1YqPJrr8

youtu.be/BCxnIUTwFV8
*Note: He released both videos in the same day, and the content is basically identical for each video. His channel consists of three videos, all released on august 1. The 3rd video is about a gun. Sort of.

I love the bottle design of GPH and GPH2 so much more than the garbage that Gucci is churning out at the moment. Obviously their current line of fragrances are pretty mediocre all around but I especially hate the bottle designs.

I love the coloring of GPH2 especially, and the box design is pretty goat too

i hate it personally. just as bad as you'd expect oud+seaweed+lemon would smell. gave me a headache, too.

good. he isn't wrong. fuck jeremy fag-rance

I don't care much about the bottle design, but yeah, you're right. Sad to see such good fragrances discounted and replaced by worse one

It's not blind buy material for sure, but it would make a unique choice for an aquatic summer fragrance. The oud / marine combination evokes the feeling of a beach boardwalk or pier. Though I personally enjoy the scent, I don't wear it often because it is potent as fuck.

no one here has any experience with the Le Labo city exclusives?

Jeremy Frag is alright

My small collection is everything this girl said she really likes in hopes that my cologne would be able to attract a girl that is similar looking to her.

youtube.com/watch?v=pxo9gmfhVrw

>my cologne would be able to attract a girl
scent is pretty low on the list of things that attract girls, user. it helps, sure, but doesn't mean a whole lot overall.

also
>Jeremy Frag
>wearing fragrance solely to get girls
pleb af

Old Spice Swagger

Well desu le labo is pretty much a meme house

They make a cologne version?

>meme [noun]
nice meme, memester

The smell gives me a headache but this cologne smells like it.

I like wearing Dove Cool Fresh deodorant.

Amber Absolute and Byredo 1996 have outstanding base notes and moderate projection on drydown. I like to mix the former with geranium essential oil to increase longevity.

In my experience, vetiver scents from Creed have too many vegetal elements to make it worthy as a signature fragrance.

Alright. Its cheap enough (15$) for a blind buy, so ill trust you

youtube.com/watch?v=HAJ3fdYIxXU

Nice

how did you just recently find this?

Its been discontinued for a long time

I have a bottle of the stuff myself and I really enjoy it, I use it for cold weather and or special occasion.

that's weird, Jeremy recommended Nautica Voyage all the time, especially for a cheap summer fragrance, and here this guy goes loving it

wait, are you serious?

do you seriously want a girl like that?

plus every girl has a different preference on what they enjoy

Wear what you enjoy and it'll attract someone who at least has the same taste of fragrance you do

and I agree with the other user that fragrance is only a small part of what attracts a woman, I think a fragrance is most useful when you understand that it helps boost your confidence, from there you will get "struck by lightning" as our favorite german friend puts it

My father got it 3 years ago on his 50th birthday. I saw that he doesn't really use it and asked him if I can take it and he gave it to me.

Do you honestly think that girl isnt the single hottest girl alive right now? Are you gay dude?

>tfw just put on Sauvage for the first time and now my cat won't stop biting my wrists

thanks for getting me mad pussy /frag/

not that guy, but just because I'd pay good money to fuck her doesn't mean I'd want her to be my GF

I've been with "the hottest girl I know" types, they are a different species. hot girls are NOT good people, it's not their fault, people just give them special treatment for their whole lives and they don't turn out good. call me a fedora all you want, anyone who has been with a girl like that knows full well what I mean.

much better to get an 8/10 or a 9/10 rather than 11/10. even a 7/10 depending on the girl.

god dammit you lucky motherfucker.
dad used to wear vintage paco rabanne and kouros but stopped wearing fragrances a long time ago. treasure that shit man.

Rate my pleb collection. Purchased in order from left to right. MiP and ENS just came in today.

No bully pls.