Leather jacket advice

I want to get myself a comfy piece of leatherwear, what are some good brands and what model should I look out for?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.burberry.com/washed-lambskin-biker-jacket-p40046371
acnestudios.com/uk/en/oliver/2AH141-900.html
us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/allsaints-casper-biker/?colour=5&category=15143
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slp

RO and CCP

I'm not sitting on huge bricks of money here guys

then dont get leather

thrift

AllSaints has some on sale right now

Not OP but does anyone here have a Schott Perfecto and can tell me about the quality? How long does it take to break a leather jacket in if you wear it everyday?

I like the look of biker jackets but not really a fan of the idea of wearing so much leather. What are the best non-leather options? I think Acne have made cotton ones in the past, any others?

Rick Owens mollinos jacket

The OP already said he's not going to massively overpay for meme brands

Anybody got one and can comment about the quality?

Schott has some of the best quality, but also some of the worst fit.

Ive had a vintage perfecto for a few years now

objectively the GOAT, thicker and heavier than any others ive seen and better quality overall. Cant comment on how long it took to break in, but go for it you wont regret it

Literally the cancer that is killing Veeky Forums

name one thing wrong with rick or ccp leather

no the actual cancer on this board is idiots constantly asking where to get X product that is both luxurious and durable at Wal-Mart prices

^^^

Go local, OP

Small businesses that can't live off their brand name can be good as well

That's right, but here I just see OP wanting solid quality and not some top-tier status symbol

i like ccp, but 5000 euros for a leather jacket is just money in the fire.

AllSaints do some really nice leather jackets OP.

i own that same jacket.
can confirm: GOAT
great quality and i get complimented all the time.

that would be you mate

trying to save on leather lmao

He's right though

Schott, Aero and others in their price range are entirely sufficient, anything else is paying for brand and special snowflake design

Question. Im not into fashion or anything but there is a burberry leather jacket that is featured online and in short supply in stores (according to website) . i wont be able to buy it until end of october. Would this still be available for me to get? How do these things work in fashion.

Link? Probably, might even go on sale by the end of the season

i feel i don't have the attitude for a leather jacket although i like them

Feel is not unknown

This tbqh

us.burberry.com/washed-lambskin-biker-jacket-p40046371

Does anyone know how schott leather jackets fit? From what i've heard they seem to cater to the traditional loose fit
Are there any that fit skinny people?
Also what's the arm length like? I have quite short arms

100% agreed

we need to build concentration camps for SLP and Rick homos. Round them all up in a Reichskristallnacht fashion over night and then make them work gulag style.

DEPORT SLP/RICK HOMOS NOW!!!
MAKE Veeky Forums GREAT AGAIN!

Looks cheap imo. Very plain looking. They make some great sweaters though

Is there anything else that fits as cropped and slim as SLP?

Honestly I'm on the verge of buying a rep, I have a proportionally short torso and every jacket I've tried (Sandro, IRO, Schott, etc.) fits too long and boxy

>tfw stockist never get interesting items from UC

Forgot picture.

Halloween tier

I have the acne oliver,

Love the thing, really nice jacket and every time I wear it I get compliments

acnestudios.com/uk/en/oliver/2AH141-900.html

There's a company in Germany that offers miscellaneous jackets, with an emphasis on reproductions of German and American WWII flight jackets for around 400€, they appear to be solid but just a notch below Schott tier stores

I'll be paying them a visit during summer and report back on Veeky Forums

no doubt uc has some cool leathers but cmon du this is just a perfecto with a back graphic

Sounds good user, keep us posted

5'7 here. Basically can't get american leather. Japanese and some European are a must.

For boring double riders (especially) and boring jackets in general the goto brands are generally though to be Aero, Lewis Leathers, Schott and Vanson. Schott is a bit pricey due to them being so very well known, I've heard Belstaff makes decent ones as do some more fashion brands (for these look at barneys or whatever on sale and try on before you buy, can sometimes find quite interesting and decenyl built leather jackets. Out of the 'internet goto' brands I prefer Lewis leathers since they'll MTO for you and you can change measurments also used by Comme and Junya for their leather, heard Junya uses Vanson now though (Rei has a photo that gets around of her in Lewis if you want to copycat one of the goats). But more than anything if you can try on before you buy and see if you like the way it fits you and if you like the look at all.

TOJ, for sure.

Here you go op. us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/allsaints-casper-biker/?colour=5&category=15143

inb4 allsaints. let the guy just buy his cheap leather.

It hasn't existed for a few years now.

Holy shit that looks so cheap and bad.

Nudie has a slim fit leather biker jacket that looks amazing for 400ish , i lovee everything they make that's denim...their quality has always been good to me...so maybe the leather is good too

..the pricing
if you're not really, really deep into fashion, buying CCP or RO leather doesn't make any sense

It basically exists as Falcon Garments now. People here like to shit on it, but for the $, especially if you can find a fitting one on Grailed they can't be beat.

Pic related is John Elliott

Sorry to be pestering , but what do you think? Will it still be available in October?

his eyes are weirdly too close together

>pic
lmao what a tool

I've never found anything worthwhile in thrift stores ever. I don't know how so many people on here get lucky in them.

do schott jackets really fit that bad? i love the 626 and 626vn personally

if you're a skeletor, yes

not leather but no where else to post...
thinking of getting it in L but I have some questions about the sizing:
I'm just over 6' and hover around 140-150lbs. Would L be too big or M be too small?
Levi's Denim Trucker

if your chest is bigger than your stomach, yes

why the hell would you get it in L, more like s or maybe m

I want the horsehair Perfecto, but I'm kind of a sucker for american made and heritage stuff

...Horsehide**

would a m have enough length in the arms do you think? I know it runs short length-wise which is fine since it's a part of the style.