Boots thread

Recommend me some Veeky Forumsshionable boots.

Hopefully dark and edgy. I like combat boots. :^)

My skin is pale and my hair is red.

Other urls found in this thread:

unmarked.mx/collections/all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

prison boots > combat boots
all day every day

bump

what's the matter, can't read?

get a pair of Rothco's Combat Boots
doesn't sound like you will need them long, anyway

>Rothco
Overpriced Chinese made garbage. Get real surplus instead.

are those legit ramones?

Anyone know how Jil Sander boots tend to run? Are they typically true-to-size?

Please help ID

Cowboy boots

how tall are you?

Vintage Clint Eastwoods

NPS (uk), KMM (czech)
Less edgy: solovair (uk), docs (but not that chinese crap)

Saint Laurent

posting some inpso

id por favor

1.85m

I've never had a pair that wasn't true

I hate chunky rubber soles on boots.

I found the pic while browsing the shirt so i wouldnt be surprised if they were also slp

im buying these this week

W2c

ID?

shit. just copped. they're UK 7. should be US 8, right? im typically US9. figured they might run slightly larger

Real surplus black leathers are my favorites personally. Not the most comfortable but they'll last forever and look far more "dark and edgy" than docs. The older the better, I don't like the modernized designs, look for stuff like pic related (though obviously in better condition. You can always tell real vintage ones because they have the date of production stamped on the top in a M YY format.

Can someone id these please?

look like red wings

When do you tuck your pants in the boots and when do you cuff them?

I've been looking for stuff like you describe, you have any good sites for stuff like that?

hella pretentious lol, its just an ankle boot

puerhomme slp wyatt knock offs

I have these

Hey Veeky Forums is there a boot general or chart image that can show me whats ideal to get? i've stuck to english made docs and grensons all my life

Bump. Also, what're they called anyway?

Frye? You definitely better get them while that sale is going. Full price Frye is nonsense, to say the least.

Chippewa last, very apparent. Check their website for higher than 8" models.

>Chippewa last, very apparent
how do you know?
it can be a logger from any other brand

Under Armour Jungle Rats

no, these are just ankle boots

combat boots are shit compared to prison boots and that's a fact of life, friend

paratrooper boots. ebay is good for them, or any surplus shop, I just search up" german/austrian paratrooper boots" and there's a shitload that come up.

I think what's ideal to get depends on your style desu

wtf this guy looks genuinely autistic

Clarks Desert Mali alternatives in the UK?
I'm only 173cm tall so I don't think I'll suit anything too chunky.

It's so cute when Veeky Forums tries to talk about shoes that aren't sneakers, like they have a clue what they're talking about. Pro tip: there's no such thing as "prison boots", and "ankle boots" is an extremely broad term.
Stick to the memedidas, kids.

I always assumed those were just people baiting. No way people genuinely believe that stuff

I've heard some pretty stupid shit said in earnest about welted shoes here.
It doesn't help that any legitimate knowledge out there on the subject tends to be mixed in with bullshit marketing terms.

275 seem reasonable for a pair of boots like this; 600 def isn't
the only brand I know of that hand makes goodyear welt boots for this price is unmarked.mx/collections/all but they don't have prison boots, and besides their collection has all these weird rainbow threads this year. Anybody knows of any other brand that makes quality shoes for a good price? preferably made in mexico or portugal (even better if us or england, but I won't kid myself)

so how would you call/describe this kind of boots?
and what are your opinions on welted shoes exactly? looks like you have much to say

He just needs to fix up his hair and he'll be an effay autist

Yeah, a pair of Frye's is in no way worth $600. You can get much nicer boots for that price.
Boots like this are typically called out by their lacing style (open vs closed/derby vs oxford), toe design (plain, cap, medallion), and height.
That pair would most accurately be described as a 6-inch plain toe derby boot. Loads of manufacturers make them. Notice that these: are basically the same, with slightly different proportions.
I've kind of fallen out of love with these kinds of shoes, because I've come to prefer flexible shoes with a flat sole and lots of room in the forefoot.

what kind of boots should I wear to achieve the "post rock interests me" look?

Where did "prison boots" even come from? The ones you posted just look like work boots, the same as the cdiems I posted before but with different proportions. And like said anlke boots is a broad term.

pic unrelated

lmao, it's knoch, he's already an effay autist

What kind of boots do you like?

Are these too "clown shoes"?

on foot

>wanting tractionless leather soles on a shoe meant for hard wear

knoch looks like someone just told him that refugees raped his grandmother

Does Veeky Forums approve of this outfit?
Dark Levi 501s with a Red and Black checked shirt and tan boots.

w2c pants like that?

we wont know unless you post a picture of the clothes on you

fit is more important than anything else

fucking lmao

black and beat up

How much do they run, typically?

what size shoe? i think they look fine

9 1/2 US. I feel like I should have gone with 9

Reds are a little over a year old now

People usually get that kind of boots vibramed, they are not ment for hard wear (are 1600+ shoes ment to be for working/hiking/etc...?) but are still durable.

>This Will Destroy You
>Listening to creshendocore

I had Clarke desert boots for the past 2 years but its time to get some new boots. I really like the desert boots but I think its time for something new. What would you recommend? I like the beige suede kind of colour

^

That's just how Iron Rangers fit. Red Wings are known for having a rather bulbous toe box that looks more exaggerated with larger sizes. Have a pair myself, I wear them a bunch but they certainly aren't ideal.

Wesco if you can afford them. They have tons of bespoke options but expect to pay $600+ and wait a few months to get them. Viberg is nice for ready to to wear but also very pricey. I like Chippewa best for (relatively) affordable boots.

the toebox though... blegh

Sure but just because theyre IRs doesnt mean they cant be clown shoes

Not saying they aren't. If anything I'm saying that IRs are known for being a bit clowny, some like it some don't.

>prison boots
kek

this is a wholesome post. thank you

i'm in bongland and I bought my pair for £30. they're not very expensive.

what should I search for when I shop for vintage milsurp?

milsurp boots

really like these to be honest

If you are trying to go for a military look, tuck them with baggyish pants, if you just tryna flex, cuff

bump

Looks like we have a funny guy over here

ID?

rick suede combats

I have and love Guidi combats. I have the slim backzip version that works well with my skinny build. I kinda want some chunkier rick style combats for heavier fits.

pic are vietnam boots right?

Martyr Lawrence

pls stop being new

no

militant here
they polish well, durable, and they look sharp and, you know, actual combat boots

Here is what i wear mostly , i do lace them all the way i don't know why they're not here, also the cigarette is so i seem cool to people on the internet

here's one all the way up ( yeah i went out at 5am for a cigarette sat on a bench and took a picture of my shoes like a loser )

Why are Doc Martens soles so fucking disgusting looking? Why do they all look so bulbous?

What a shit brand