I want to be high fashion but im broke what do?

i want to be high fashion but im broke what do?

Thrift.

Buy a sewing machine and some patterns and learn to sew your own clothing.

what I do:
>go at store with expensive stuff (5K$ coats, 500$ shirts, 2K$ knits)
>pay attention to weight, material, construction, details, textures, in other words, try to notice what makes a quality piece
>try on a lot of tuff, then when clerk comes I ask if they have it in purple and act annoyed and walk away when they say they don't and apologize.
>try my luck at thrift stores and look for what I just learned

get a job nikka

You're a fucking genius but instead of getting annoyed when they don't have it in purple, ask for the store manager and tell them how bad the customer service was and blame them for not having in the specific color you were looking for.

this is actually really good advice

I don't get it. What is this supposed to do? Do you walk away with the clothes on or something?

Let's you learn about quality construction which you can later use when at a thrift store. The purple thing is just a way to make it seem like you were intending to purchase something because I am pretty sure it's frowned upon to handle expensive clothing if you're not trying to buy it but idk

>They have it in purple

This is pretty smart but what if they actually have it in purple? What do you do then?

"I meant Tyrian Purple"

"Well, you're in luck, because we have ONE Tyrian Purple sweater left!"

it's not my size

"But sir, it's the same size you tried on and you said it fits amazingly"

all my friends already have tyrian purple in this style
doesn't it come in a russian cut?

"do you have it in egyptian cotton?"

"Yes, we do, a matter of fact. Are you going to purchase this or not? It's only $5,000."

"Was this piece of clothing made in a sweatshop free environment?"

"i dont support jewish run establishment, sorry"

i meant egyptian cotton alpaca cashmere blend in a russian cut in dip dyed tyrian purple. do you accept Moroccan wood as currency? i only have a cubit of gnarled trunks now. call bruno he has my cards. (make a clicking sound to dismiss the clerk)

"Yes sir, it was handcrafted by well-paid professionals."

bonus points for making a shooing motion while looking at your phone

kek

only 5000? are you sure it's authentic? barneys has this same piece marked at 14000. i don't feel comfortable in a store with discounted merchandise on "sale"

make a huffing noise and roll your eyes and pluck up your nose when you say "sale"

"Why would a retail store sell fake items? You're making a fool out of yourself, sir."

Don't you take that tone with me.
Call Rodrigo right now i demand to speak with him.

"Who is Rodrigo? I-I'm going to have to ask you to leave, you're scaring the customers."

whatever tho u get the idea just be a big prissy rich entitled cunt with a massive ego. have the confidence to get thrown out.

>Getting into an argument with the employees everytime you want to get a new piece and getting thrown out of every high fashion boutique/store
Is it really worth it though?

if you're poor, you'll never be able to buy anything anyway so who cares and the chuckle is worth it.. the employee turnover at those places is ridiculous and you'd only be doing it a couple times a year. in any decent city you'd stand a good chance of never running into the same people if you switched stores often enough.

basics, second hand, sample sales.
thrift if you know what you're doing

run