Interior design inspo

I'm moving out of my childhood home and into true adulthood the first of September. Let's get an interior design thread going!
Going to share the apartment with two friends, but we'll all have each our room. Especially realistic inspo (something that's not out of a 5 star hotel or celebrity mansion). But hey, that's cool too.

Interior design inspo.

Other urls found in this thread:

knstrct.com/home
yatzer.com/
kristoferjohnsson.com/
stilinspiration.myhome.aftonbladet.se/
design-milk.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Paint one wall with some color and only one. Keep other white.

Buy rugs and a good set of somewhat heavy curtains, lot of young people forget these and it makea the rooms seem little off.

And do not buy from IKEA, the designs are made for flat shipping in mind, not how they look in homes. Also very poor and disgusting materials.

Buy used furniture made of real wood. You can sand them and paint or oil in milloin ways and the look 1000x better than melamine processed vomit covered in plastic.

Keep going, this is amazing. My plan was already to only use IKEA for basic shit like cutlery, towels etc - furniture I'd try to find used.

All walls are already white and my room comes with a good balcony and window.

this desu
or even designing and making your own furniture is a great thing to get into, /diy/ can help with that
still got a great desk i made in highschool

But furniture made of particle board is easier to carry around and has other benefits. Every material have pros and cons, quit this fedora mindset that le real wood is the only acceptable choice. People in the past used hard wood because it was the only option, depending on the application they would accept particle board too if available at that time.

Used furniture usually looks good because of the furniture looks worn, not because of some "particle board a shit" reason.

If you are looking for cheap stuff that looks nice, you are probably best lurking verge side pickup / local websites / markets and grabbing cheap stuff that you can sand/oil/varnish/etc yourself.

If you prefer mid century, then there is a lot of cheap reproductions out there, I know even Ikea make some that look nice (I've seen varnished/stained Ikea stuff in tons of interior design magazines) - the thing about mid century is that ply and pipe and plastic were pretty popular and now they are cheap.

I dump my inspo to fb so I have none for you.

why do these threads die so quickly ;_;

I'll try to put up a few that haven't been posted to death

That can't be a private residence, but holy heck

okay, everything else I have has been posted a million times

This is true, IKEA shit is so cheap, light, easy to move around a house and easy to take apart which is great considering you tend to move so many times when you're in your twenties.

Its clear that no-one is buying IKEA because its the best quality available . Fuck I'm shilling for IKEA

So nice, but lacks a bit of soul

clockwork orange set?

w2c blanket

this room looks like it belongs in a clockwork orange

Is that Trump on the mirror above Kubrick?

> S U B T L E

I love this design. Would be interesting to design a poor mans version of this, if it's even possible

I fucking love that chill spot in the window.

All of your filenames are so descriptive.
It's really silly and I love it

It's not as difficult as you'd think. The white boxes on the wall could be done in some sort of cheap wood and a lot of the furniture is just kitsch shit from the seventies.
Getting the stereo system might be another story.

thanks user, gives me little giggles and it's helpful for keeping track of stuff

What does Veeky Forums think of designs like pic related? I'm speaking of a modernized version of course.

Are they tryhard/entry level?

What's wrong with IKEA? I'm moving into a new apartments soon, but I don't really like wood furniture. I wanted to go with a more modern look with plastics and metals since I'm going for that 80s/90s aesthetic.

no they're fly.

I want an apartment just like Don Draper

wtc snoozing doggo?

I feel like everryone goes through a mid century modern phase at some point, everyone with money who considers themselves even vaguely "artsy" has at least one Eames chair hanging around somewhere or something, it's not necessarily bad but it's overdone and is generally a sign of entry level interests. It's possible to stick with it but most people move on after a while and find their own niche

Nothing "wrong" with it, as long as you're aware that it's cheap, not made to last, and sometimes difficult to assemble (depending on what we're talking about).

Oh my, that's cozy.

Ha, I browse /g/'s battlestation threads sometimes because a few of them have really nice places and I constantly see the Eames lounge chair. It is nice though.

anyone mind if i dump a few pictures? i love these threads.

Because people think painting one wall is effay; not realizing that for today's style; it's simply the window/doorframe that is currently not minimalist.

And choose different lighting.

sad
warm
frivolous

underrated

That fucking view, wow

not as good as that couple think it is

and that's everything.
heres the list of sites i browse for inspo:
knstrct.com/home
yatzer.com/
kristoferjohnsson.com/
stilinspiration.myhome.aftonbladet.se/
design-milk.com/

What is this style called?

I really like the industrial concrete with (retro?) avant-garde pieces. Looks edgy.

thanks for these user :))

>that fucking plank...

Fair enough. I suppose if I need something more sturdy if go for something else, but in general it should be fine. I don't think I'd have a problem assembling it, even without instructions but I know that it's only pictures so it can be confusing.

It's Burgess.

This will always be my favourite

Yes/no? Maybe?

Fuck off, Ikea is fine. Even the shittiest Ikea pieces should last 3 years of regular use. It's great to get used pieces for things like couches or coffee/end tables which can have really unique looks, but Ikea is especially good for things like shelves or bookcases when it's more convenient to choose among sizes that will fit in your place instead of scouring craigslist for weeks just so you can find a shelf that's the right size.

>What's wrong with IKEA?

Nothing.

>plastics and metals since I'm going for that 80s/90s aesthetic.

Every decade has had a lot of wood furniture, what are you talking about?

underage b8?

It just looks like a generic teenager's room

This is a great dump user. Thanks.

I dont know,

Can you repeat the question?

I know wood has always been used but I'm going for a more high tech kind of look. So I guess modern but I plan to have a tape deck setup as a center piece so I guess that makes it a bit retro.

who has more shit like this

my current aesthetic