Uni thread

Side note: are we the official Veeky Forums university?

oh my god ):
what year familia

must be american or european unis only, amirite ?

in berlin for a week want to hang out?

Yes you are.
Starting at William & Mary as a freshman in like 2 weeks

What do you mean? You don't have uniforms in tertiary school too in Asia, do you?

no but i'm pretty sure everyone here will only be familiar to american or european unis, plus everyone agrees that non western unis can't be Veeky Forums

Incoming sophomore

UK UK UK UK UK UK

Oxford master race reporting in

incoming freshmen the student body seems incredibly un/fa/

LSE graduated 3 weeks ago tho lol

Yah, it's ultra prep

Lol

But a lot of people on Veeky Forums go here

A plurality, it seems

Boston's rad, I'm jelly. Great little city, great school.

W&M is small but you should like it. People I know who have gone there either (1) loved the smallness because they got into it or (2) hated it because they were always on the fringe. Just lean into clubs/activities and you'll have a great time.

have fun hanging with bow tie wearing bergs all day

Pleb tier uni

Aye aye, Oxbridge master race.

2nd year Cambridge Law undergrad reporting in.

Which college?

St. John's, yourself?

So in the last uni thread there were 4 people starting Computer Science at King's College London this september lmao

You all still here?

Christ's

just left. some of the campus has interesting architectural harmony, but the student body is mostly metalfags who wear dozens of smelly festival wristbands year round or /techno/ autists with bleached/buzzed hair and a closet full of black h&m sweaters.

You've got nice grounds/buildings, less nice lasses.

Que carrera?

Sure, but I think if you're looking for nice lasses you shouldn't be looking at the uni which has been run by a gay cabal for 800 years. Johns is awesome though

Going into my sophomore year. What hall are you living in?

Also a fair point. It is pretty cool, New Court feels like you're sleeping in a castle, you can practically feel the ghost of some Victorian guy having a wank next to you.

actually not there right now till october, on another ocassion sure

My room next year was built in 1490 or some shit! can't wait for the ghostly masturbation experience

Thats's the real Cambridge magic. Sheffield Hallam or other typical ones have problems like 'The heating stopped for a couple weeks', meanwhile with Cambridge the issue is that your room was designed several hundred years ago and the floor plan no longer makes sense. The daily cleaning service makes up for it though.

What's the subject and year, if I may ask?

no they died

p great place

my family.

School is good but the surrounding area makes it the best.

What year are you? Also any recs on what clubs to join/jobs to work? I heard wzbc is pretty cool.

Its shit but its cheap. I will probably have a decent arts-related job when I graduate.

western mass bros

I'm here mate except im 3rd year

>tfw nobody knows the glory of Northampton
we need to keep it that way.
The whole valley is an amazing place tho

>tfw you never seriously looked into MCLA because you thought it was spam when they emailed you
Is North Adams nice?

Memedicina

Lol what? No it's not. Anyway I went to BC undergrad, I'm a grad student back there now, feel free to ask me anything

Seguramente nos cruzamos en algun momento, nunca lo vamos a saber

Bout to go to college here's some schools im thinking about.
This is my first choice

ok
shit
shit

why

I mean if your first choice is Pomoma you must have a good GPA and test scores. Right? Or is it a financial thing?

will I get bludgeoned to death for being a faggot
t. lgbt office vandalized

Also more importantly how difficult would it be to maintain a high gpa for a psych/philosophy major

Well mainly because my aunt works there and i will be close to family

hey I'm going there too

starting as a freshman in a couple days

Im thinking about going there im in the early college program in my school

Major?

I've dated two girls who graduated from Bard. Probably gonna wife up the second one. A nice school, though a little aspie for my taste.

Then again I went to the trashy state college because I'm a poor fag so what do I know?

No, not at all dude. If you dress super flamboyantly people will make fun of you behind your back, but that would legitimately happen at any college besides like, NYU. It seems like you're cooler than most gay people I knew at BC who honestly were kind of obnoxious and selfish. Go to the LGBT meetings and see for yourself though, I'm sure you'll meet some cool dudes, some shitty. I knew one gay dude who was totally chill and just one of the guys and no one ever brought it up or made fun of him. As long as you're chill no one will give a shit. If you look kind of effeminate...then yeah maybe a couple of vineyard vines fags might say something if they're on your floor, but those are the worst people anyway. I look kinda effeminate too so whatever. What's your wardrobe like?

Ehh shouldn't be that bad. Prepare to do a shit ton of reading. Psych isn't that hard and philosophy is probably the hardest humanity, but is super interesting if you like it. So do it. I did Econ/Math and had a shitty GPA but somehow got back into grad school. I'm not even good at math so idk why the fuck I did it. Getting a B+ to an A is MUCH easier in psych and philosophy classes than it is in a math one. Not tryna sound elitist but if you just study you'll be good. I also took a few psych classes towards the end...I recommend Heberlein for Social Psych, Cordes for Developmental. Ogren usually teaches Abnormal Psych but she's a fucking bitch but not too hard. For philosophy take Kearney for anything, he's a fucking genius and extremely Veeky Forums. There should be more academic-core on this board. I also recommend taking a creative writing class or two, I regret not doing that cause only I realized how fun writing can be till my last semester.

Do you know what you wanna do after college? I'm actually thinking of pursuing a doc in psychology to be a shrink.

about to dropout and kill myself

Also freshman year typically sucks. I hated my freshman/sophomore year, but loved my junior/senior just cause of the people I met

Northwestern

Don't steal my pepe

Ayyy senior year

ayyy

Ayy welcome to the tribe. Fuck class spend all your time at the meridian

Thank you so much man, really put me at ease. I really don't dress (mostly black, dark colors, prep, but no pastels or vineyard vines) or act very effeminate so people always assume I'm straight anyways. Also, I'm not entirely sure about what i want to do career wise but heavily considering grad school-PhD-higher Ed teaching, research in cognitive behavior/neuroscience, or something in politics. Thanks again man.

No problem dawg. If you don't dress/act effeminate you'll be totally fine. The fact that you called yourself a faggot means you're probably much chiller than most of the gay people at BC, who would file a fucking lawsuit if someone called them that. People wouldn't hate them for being gay, just for being an insufferable little bitch.

Also this sounds like lame advice, but just take chances. Join a bunch of clubs, be proactive in meeting people, talk to people in your class, text your orientation group members, etc. I've always had minor social anxiety (I mean, I'm on Veeky Forums) and suffered, especially fresh year, as a result. BC can kinda be unforgiving in that regard cause there are no frats.

Also, I said this this in another uni thread, but the amount of basic bitches is enormous. If you find a creative person or group of kids, stick with em.

they accept like 3 people a year (': best of luck

im a different freshman and a psych major, this really helped me too. you're the best, thanks

see u there

do you know if the book they handed out at orientation is required reading? It's not even that long but it doesn't seem that interesting

Hey my mom went to that school

incoming phd student
uchicago boys ww@

i got halfway through on the train home and it's actually pretty interesting/"engaging"
i think you could probably get by without reading it, but like... it's so short it'll be like an afternoon or two of effort and then you'll really get the Full Jesuit Experience

who /rutgers/ here

!! what year are you?

Louisiana Tech is defiantly Veeky Forums

p nice but I can't shake the feeling of wanting to go to an old uni somewhere in the East or UK

>black people university

Have fun with your $55,000 acting bachelors fag

Who else here slacked off in HS and is now attending a community college with shattered dreams of never going to a frat party and having a college experience

>At least I don't have debt

sup
/moorparkcommunitycollege/ reporting in

Bergen county community college here
Everyone here got a 2.5 GPA in HS and is trying to transfer to rutgers

i was retarded and didn't get into any schools

>tfw 3.5 gpa 31 act

tuition actually being affordable is pretty nice though

FUUCK
2.8 GPA 25 ACT
I'm still in HS so idk what school I'm going to
I wanted either Rutgers or Penn state but that's not happening
I wonder if I should apply to Ohio University but idk I'm prolly gonna go to CC and transfer

>tfw 34 act and 4.3 gpa
>tfw still probably not good enough.

Anyway, here's to Hoya Saxa #2021

cooper union reporting

Whats the Woods college at BC? I got defferred from BC but someone said you can get into Woods college?

Isn't that for people who come back from majors/missed time?

Brown University ww@ famileeya

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT REED

35 ACT 3.3 GPA out of high school, lol