Nails Thread

Which shape is most Veeky Forums?
I've been trying to maintain soft stilettos, but the tips seem to break much quicker.

Stilettos and ballerina only work properly with fake nails.

Almond and squoval are the best for natural nails

long nails are a total turn down, it makes you look like a cheap prostitute

Too long?

I love this ombre color, but I think these are a little short looking.

That's not stiletto, that's almond. A true stiletto is sharp and pointy like a claw.

I'd advise the following for your nails.

1: use topcoat. Your polish looks terrible where it's flaking off the edges
2. use strengthening base coat
3. take biotin and make sure you have enough B12.
4. wear gloves when you're cleaning and be gentle when you wash your hair.

Forgot to post claw pic

These look nice

I looove these. But those are probably acrylic, not natural.

I really want to try acrylics sometime soon. They can look beautiful if they're done properly and you don't paint tacky designs on them.

Those look a bit off. The thumb nail isn't filed straight and they all look quite flat, like the acrylic wasn't shaped properly.

Black: shiny or matte FTW?

Shiny! That glitter is a bit much though.

My dream nails

Also loving some of the negative space designs

I prefer rounded because I need shorter nails for work.

Haven't painted them in about 3 weeks to give them a break but I'm feeling like doing something again today. Any suggestions for colour ideas?
I'm leaning to a desaturated pistachio green but I don't know.

here r my nails f.am

that looks horrible, like rotting nails on a corpse

square confirmed least fa

Most effay square nails I could find.

Should do red like Marlboro packs

Thats an awesome idea. I love your brain user.

>I'm leaning to a desaturated pistachio green but I don't know.
That sounds really nice!

I like

pic related

I'd cross the street

Guy here

why do have those long claws? I just can't understand it.
>inb4 it's pretty
no it's not

The first thing that attracted me to my gf were her stiletto nails. Good for scratching during sex.

you probably also think high heels are weird

These types of nails are my fetish so im not complaining

I love the look but I don't think that it'd look this good on round nails

The long or pointy nails thing is something I don't understand. It just makes your hand look inhuman.

>2 kikebook tab and plebbit
disgusting

Problem is they don't last long and the second you need a retouch it looks awful. Plus, it fucks up your nails.

I just got some almond, neutral acrylics, they're alright but I miss my short square nails

>square oval or squoval
>squoval

Wow girls actually post on here? Damn I've been out of the loop, who wants some dicc

>don't last long

What, are you talking about polish or filed shapes?
Can't say for shapes because I keep mine short, but I get a good ten days out of my polish if I let my nails grow and only have to repaint because it grows out and I want to trim my nails rather than it chips. If you use good polish and a good top and base coat you can get plenty of wear.

>fucks up your nails
Polish can stain but that's the worst of it. It's the remover that can damage but if you choose carefully you can minimise it.

these are so pretty!

Nah man it's all guys

shitter
MODS

those are acrylic hun.

>reddit

Square is practical and the least likely to break/cause infection, especially on natural nails.

Claw/stiletto nails came to prominence because they make the acrylic nails more artificial/animalistic/less human. It's fun because people used to call regular almond or rounded nails like claws.
In general synthetic nails can make fingers look longer and more elegant. On a more primitive level, strong, healthy nails (like hair and teeth) are indicative of proper levels of vitamins (the same ones that are important for making babby)

Girl here, am I the only one who absolutely can't deal with long nails or nailpolish?
Like, when my nails start to grow, I feel like they're dirty and icky, even if I clean them
And with nail polish, even if I just do one layer (which isn't optional since you usually need a top coat so it'll stay on properly) I feel like I have a ton of layers on and I get super annoyed by it...
Anyone else?

I can't stand long nails, I feel grossed out whenever they're long enough to get anything caught underneath.
But I love the feeling of having polish on. Makes my nails feel so smooth and hard.

Then don't wear nail polish, duh