- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

sweataid.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_stylist
mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cosmetic-surgery/basics/definition/prc-20022389
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bumping for interest

Are eggs good for my diet?
Ever since I added eating 4-6 eggs a day to my diet, my T-zone has cleared up alot. However, my pores have looked bigger, and the acne on my chin has been getting worse??

Any tried and true methods for getting rid of razor bumps?

I stopped getting them once I stopped shaving against the grain

So they'll just go away with time? Good to know.

I exfoliate my legs before I shave and put on aloe vera gel after. If you're talking about shaving your face, maybe get a calming gel specifically for your face.

Recommendations for VitC (or anything else that helps with really mild PIH) products? Want to push for that finally fully clear skin. FAQ doesn't list any VitC products. I already use a daily spf

I use a vitamin c serum by John Masters Organics and 8% AHA by Paula's Choice.

>vitamin c serum by John Masters Organics
oi, $33/bottle. pricey. is it good? do you use it for PIH?

It lasts a long time because you only need a little bit. I started using it at the same time as the AHA (for PIH) and I have been able to tell a difference but it's not gone (after ~3 months). I want to get a microdermabrasion sometime soon though. A friend of mine swears on it for any type of scarring.

hmm.. i'm using paula's choice bha 2% (someone recently recommended aha over bha for pih, though) and just a moisturizer + sunblock.

might give the vit c serum a chance. did you start with mild pih?

Well it was red in the beginning and now it's like a faded red/light pink.

Is there really a difference between chemical exfoliants and scrubs? Do they both pretty much do the same thing?

hmm. wonder if the vit c helped or if it was just due to time... i may just give it a try, b/c why not. i'd love to go from really mild -> non existent

It definitely did help. Before I started using the serum and AHA, it took much longer to fade. It does take a while if you're just using topical products though.

i'll give it a shot, then. thanks

check in the last thread

they're both meant to exfoliate the skin. the chemical exfoliants do this in a more delicate way, though, and often in a more careful and effective way

Beautiful. Thanks man!

Is it recommended that you jump into chemical exfoliation at a lower percentage of AHA if you have more sensitive skin?

do you think they would also help with PIH?

yes, but PIH is sometimes a bit too deep in the skin for it to help.

dumping some relevant info 4 u

Probably not a /skin/ question but still one related to skin; I'm a sweaty motherfucker, especially my feet and balls and butt. I use baby powder on all areas like that after I shower and dry off.
Is there anything else I can do?

sweataid.com/

list of the best products for each area

I would prob see a doctor though

hmm. so i have pie, not pih. good to know. it's not nearly as bad as the picture related.

so, a vit c serum won't help much?

What kind of soap do you guys recommend for your body for showering with?

bumping

Anyone here have experience with these two oil cleansers before?

Are they any good?

If you buy a double-edge razor you'll stop getting them, however this takes practice and also the razors arent cheap 70+ I think I paid 100+ for mine. Also you have to go with the grain or side ways. 2 passes max.

I bought my Feather safety razor for $25. The blades is what will save you money.

What kind of products do you recommend for greasy hair and face? I'm totally new to this and I have no idea where to start. I've had enough of it and especially in summer.

What do I do with the scarring / hyperpigmentation? I'm using tretinoin right now and it's been okay.

what do you mean with hyperpigmentation? the only brown spots you have are moles

I've been using benzoyl peroxide for around 6 months now, morning and night, but I'm still getting cysts.
The question is whether it'd be even worse if I weren't using BP. The thing is, I get the feeling BP makes the cysts and their marks linger for longer due to PIH. I'm considering going back to tea tree oil. Thoughts?
It bothers me that Acne.org can get away with saying their regimen guarantees results.

What about laser treatment? from what I understand it's not meant to be as effective for cysts.

$20 Razor
$15 for 100 blades

it's really not expensive user

PIH I believe. Anyways what do I do?

How is pic related as a toner? It's all I have on hand, one of my sisters uses it

see

does masturbating cause acne

Can I get some critique on my routine? What should I add during the AM?

So is the general routine:

Cleanser > Wash off >Toner/Exfoliator > Wash off > Moisturiser

?

I'm not sure if I should be washing stuff off with water or not

That should do the trick.

If you're looking to get really nice skin I'd suggest investing in facemasks, essence, and eye-cream (anti-wrinkle) as it'll help your skin in the long run. My current skincare routine is as follows:

Cleanser (Cetaphil) > Rinse > Toner/ Exfoliator > Essence > Facemask > Rinse > Moisturiser > Eye-cream/ Anti-Wrinkle

if you're using a chemical toner/exfoliator, don't wash it off. wait 15-30 minutes before applying your moisterizer

No it's just that acne and masturbation both start when people are teenagers so they have become incorrectly associated with each other over time.

I went head to toe CeraVe. How fucked am I?

I'm doing 110 SPF with CeraVe Moisturizer in the morning and CeraVe Moisturizer with CeraVe SA Lotion in the evening. I use the CeraVe Cleanser before applying anything.

why would you be fucked? it's one of the brands most recommended by skin doctors and stuff

I shave between mustache and beard because it connects poorly and faint hair. So far tea tree oil and lightning cream only makes it red. Any advice

any good ways to make your skin darker?

hi all just wanted to share what helped me out. Skin wrecked my confidence for a long, long time.

Clean diet. Whole foods, fresh fruits and veg, whole grains. No oils or added salt/sugar on a regular basis. (Junk food once in a while obv).

Morning: just wash off face with water.
Night: cetaphil gentle cleanser followed by retin-A.
shower daily no matter what.

Honestly, I don't think I need the retin-A any longer; however, it does have anti aging properties so why not.

showering daily is a meme, oils are fine if you're cooking.

rest is ok.

Is retin-a better than benzoyl peroxide?

Also I'm not convinced dairy was contributing to my acne. I've been avoiding it for months with no imorovement. I think it's purely stress, since last year i was less stressed and had better skin whilst having more dairy

My aztec healing clay came in today. Any tips before I use it?

What's the best way to heal old acne scars?

Like every other hapa kid, I had super oily fucked up skin that broke out at the slightest provocation when I was young. It's still kinda touchy, to some degree, but it's much stabler now, so I kinda wanna work on fixing the patchwork of dark spots which puberty left in its wake.

Not at all 2 eggs is the maximum a day, 4-6 is way too much cholesterol for you sir

Go vegan. Maximum skincare, maximum ethical consumption

the amazon reviews has some good guides. just use ACV and don't leave it on for too long.

Okay I'm going to try Retin-A;

I gave BP a damn good chance, along with Salicylic Acid and Clyndamycin. Accutane has worked multiple times in the past but never permanently, plus it's risky to take yet another course.

Should I be using Retin-A that you need a prescription for? Or is there an effective over-the-counter alternative?

>daily niacimide/vitamin c/moisturizer etc. use for nearly half a year now
>skin is still absolutely fucking awful and doesn't look like it's changed

think im just gonna give up

If you don't shower every day you're a barbarian.

So I'm not a teenager anymore, but I'm 23 and male and I'm just doing moisturizer plus sunscreen in the morning and moisturizer plus salicylic acid in the evening, all of this with a nice cleanser, and I've got clean, radiant skin with an even tone. I had terrible acne all throughout my teenage years, basically 13 through 23.

feels good man

see a derm. this skincare advice only works for "normal skin"

also, what is your diet like?

You should see how greasy my hair becomes without showering daily.

I wish I could somehow get rid of acne, nothing fucking works. 7 years and it's still going strong.

reminder, to girls

stop fucking wearing makeup, it fucks up your already acne prone skin.

there's not point in these routines if you fuck it up anyway with makeup.

Agreed, wearing make-up is pretty much a ticket to banality.

-cetaphil moisturizer
-cleanser
-salicylic acid toner
-BP

slowly stepped into this routine, have tried all kinds of variations for a month or two this is what I've finally settled on, my face still has many spots

-eat relatively healthy
-drink a lot of water, sleep 8-9h
-have tried removing products, using only cleanser, only cleanser and moisturizers and all of that shit like I mentioned earlier, no matter what variations I try my skin is never good, although it's worse without these products than with them

how do I move on from here? no extreme acne but it's definitely acne and it doesn't look good

the spots are relatively small but there's many of them

what am I missing

you should try shampooing 2-3 times a week. start on a week you have off with no commitment to look clean. You produce less sebum this way and don't have to wash your hair every fucking day lest you look like a homeless rat. had the same problem.

Are you one? How's your skin and other shit, I'd like to be one except not be as cancerous as you saying it will be
>Maximum skincare

Not all make-up messes with your skin so this is useless advice.

What is the difference between shaving against the grain and with the grain?

How to fix my skin ? It's so oily and the pores are so wide. And i want it to be smooth and one colored.

most of it does, b. like 99% of it does lmaooo

go get ur eyebrows threaded at the mall

How long is a safe amount of time to patch test a new product?

Is there anything that can be done about my skin or is all hope lost?

Any specific product recommendations for vitamin c for acne scars that isn't vitamin c serum? Broke college student and I can't justify spending 40+ for that stuff

When I was 17 my skin colour was white. And now I'm 20 and my skin colour is getting darker and darker.
I'm getting so mad about it.
Please tell me some solution.

what is google?

Can someone help me with addressing blackheads? Is there any solution? Also how do I differentiate between that and a mole? My ex seems to think there's no saving my skin. Thank you for your help, have a great day.

t. Veeky Forums

no dairy
lots of water/green tea

everything else is standard

no please i want to keep all the hair. come on, what should i do about the skin ? how to make it smooth and not oily again permanently ?

>uni starts again
>dumped in the ass with shitloads of assignments and work
>stress
>break out again

THERE'S LITERALLY NO ESCAPE FROM THIS FUCKING HELL FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

hang yourself

I wear make-up and it doesn't affect my skin at all, b lmaooo

post face and prove it.

don't eat like a pig, take caffeine pills instead of coffee. manage your time well.

in college that simply means starting on shit the day that it is assigned.

hey guys, sort of unrelated
but I want to see a professional / expert about my appearance
because I know I want to be in the entertainment industry, and looking my best would definitely help

so what are those people called that you see to
>evaluate your current appearance

>help you find your "look"
eg what haircut would appeal to the largest amount of women with your face shape
or what clothes you look best in

>basically help you look your best

Something along the lines of a stylist
except they generally just go shopping with you to find you clothes
am looking for something broader
Like imagine this scenario
>walk in to see the _____
>me: hey so how is/are my facial structure/proportions
>her: ok so the end of your chin is too thin, so I would recommend doing these exercises to work your jaw
>also try to lose body fat to reduce facial puffiness
>these ______ surgeries/operations would be beneficial to your look
>long hair suits your face shape so never go below ____ length
>avoid taking photos at _____ angle because it does ______ to your _______
basically shit like that, someone who has studied for years why certain facial features are attractive on/to men/women
also someone (mostly) unbiased, because they're not:

>your relatives saying shit like: "oh you're so haaaaaaandsome oh my god"

>your friends trying as hard as they can to be vague about what they like / dislike about your face so you don't cross the lines of starting to hate yourself or becoming a smug fuck

>random people online who may or may not be in a shitty mood, and might just feel like making someone else feel worse for the sake of it

TL:DR
>what do you call experts who assist you in looking the hottest and/or suggest certain surgeries methods to obtain that look

you're somehow attractive as hell with rough skin texture
what's your skin routine and diet?

yeah so this is one of those things you have to learn for yourself
befriend fashion conscious people? maybe talk to an actual hair stylist on your facial shape and what haircuts would look best

Hows nivea creme for my face? is it worth it?

>blackheads (?) and red bumps (idk if acne) keep spreading on my upper body
please help, do i just lather myself with acid? my face is getting better thanks to benzoyl peroxide but the rest of my body is suffering

I don't have a skin routine, that's why I came to this thread.

My diet is normal I guess. I've started avoiding dairy to see if that'll help get rid of the acne.

>is there an effective over-the-counter alternative

not really. just ask your derm about it and see what he thinks.
the efficacy of topical retinoids depends on your kind of acne.

yeah, no.
- not all kinds of makeup are acnegenic
- not everyone needs to be affected by makeup that is mostly acnegenic
- the bad effects of acnegenic makeup can be counteracted by the use of different skincare agents
- makeup can be crucial to maintain a somewhat normal appearance for acne-prone skin, something both women & men need.
- the makeup can even contain ingredients that counteract acne

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_stylist

mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cosmetic-surgery/basics/definition/prc-20022389

show me on the image where the bad acne touched you.

I have to questions. Can I use anti-acne products on the acne on my back, like, would it have the same effect? And how do I stop the base of my beard hair to get red and get all inflammatory and shit?

Are all of the Korean snail creams etc beneficial even if you don't have a lot of acne?

I rarely get breakouts but I have some discoloration marks.

The more you wash the more will your skin and hair produce its oils.

Fortunately this is reversible if you wash with just water. Keep using shampoo less and less until you can get by with just using it once a week or even less.

how is double cleansing working out for you? i tried it previously with an oil cleanser and a gel cleanser (should have gone with something water-based i think?) and it made my skin break out immediately.

don't know if i should risk trying again, wanna change up routine but skin is looking p good now

I've been going about a month and a half strong with it (a few weeks with Klairs and the remainder with the Banila Co) and I absolutely love it.

It returns oils to my face (I have dry/sensitive skin) and I haven't had a single big pimple since I've started. If you're thinking of trying again, I highly recommend the Banila Zero Purity. It's fairly large and you'll only need a little bit for when you want to cleanse so it will last a fairly long while, and the ingredients are top notch and are very unlikely to be comedogenic.

Not that guy, but I'm also a vegan.
It seriously helps in all physical regards if you're whole foods. The increased antioxidant load to metabolic oxidation leaves well over the amount to also handle environmental stress. Consider powered beet juice, and powdered barley grass juice.

Is there such thing as putting on too much toner? like I soak the cotton pad, use it flatly first, and then wring out the remaining drops all over my face