Veeky Forums worth it?

Is spending a lot of money being effay worth it when no one appreciates it? 85% of the people here don't care what your wearing and it seems like the majority don't care what they are wearing themselves.

CHECK EM

Boy I'm about to drop 5k on a gucci cardigan.

Shut the fuck up bitch boy it's a hobby you go all in or nothing, also people will take notice if you care about your dress.

If you're doing it for the approval of others then stop right where you are. Rarely will someone ever stop you in the street to complement you on your fit. Most people don't care about anyone else other than themselves. You do it for you first, not for anyone else. If you think dressing like a dad from the 90s is cool, then go for it, but if you're doing it for those sick likes on instagram and a wink from Sally Sweetass at the cash register,then kindly jump into the nearest lake.

Sorry for your loss :^(
You gotta be effay for yourself
Move to a major city if you want people to care

When I like the way I look, or wear a piece I love, I'm a happier person. I'm more confident. I'm more outgoing. Just in a better overall mood and mindset.'

>in b4 "there are pills for that now."

Its the best feeling when I feel like I'm fresh as fuck when I step out of the house. I never cared about fashion before, but fuck does it feel good.

>buying gucci
are you chinese

I'm not doing this for aproval or for compliments. But recognition would be nice but I see what your getting at.

Im currently in New Orleans wouldn't call it a major city but I thought I'd get somewhat more recognition considering the trash I used to wear.

Too bad you're a loser that saves anime images.

you got a problem with anime images, punk

my friends told me they like my style and how I do my own thing
not that I was dressing to please them in the first place, but it always reassuring to know

>dressing for others

when will they learn

Spending money on good looking clothes is definitely worth it. Only diffirence is in conjunction with feeling good about yourself, do you also want to be seen as a respectable part of society and gain the approval of other normies and girls. Or do you want to be seen as that guy who dresses funny with a possibility of getting a "sick fit bro" comment from a fellow internet fashion nerd in the reddit meetup.

>99% would rather the latter

>5k

how fucking rich are you

or just fiscally irresponsible.

Not rich, I'm just smart with my money. I'm a sophomore in college desu

I was into sneakers a lot in high school. I would buy sell trade them etc. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on Yeezy 2's when they first came out which I flipped, from there I invested into other sneakers that could be turned for a profit so I would flip 3-4 pairs of shoes for 300 a piece. fir most releases giving me around 75-150 a profit per release Eventually I got into hyped clothing, and started flipping that.

Any money that comes in goes into assets that can turn a profit, I also am into stocks right now and when I'm not at school or at work I try my best to day trade at least 2 days a week.

If it helps all my housing and tuition is taken out on loans.

frick off basic bitch normie

No.

Not only is true, but there's also an opportunity cost to throwing a lot of money at clothing. Assuming we're all relatively young here, your money should be spent on improving yourself through education/experiences/etc., not through bits of cloth that will degrade over time.

Even now, when I make reasonably decent money, I hesitate about blowing a lot of cash on pieces because I'd rather spend it on something more valuable.

Traveling or saving up for a nice house/apartment beats clothes every single time.

This is almost as bad as the "I don't lift for girls méme"

Kek

Well, I'd like to think that just like I can appreciate someone else's fit, they can appreciate mine. Even if we are mostly doing it silently, it is certain form of ingroup signaling and it is a nice conversation starter

You sound like a fucking chad piece of shit.

Wow you day trade? NO ONE FUCKING CARES. Try diversifying your investments, and stop being a fuccboi who thinks he's hot because he trades a few thousand dollars of shit stock.

How did you get stuck in 2012?

Dude you sound upset

Nothing money can buy is actually valuable though. Except real estate.

>what are corperate shares
>what are bonds
>what are raw materials
>what are agricultural commodities

there are people who don't though

> 300lb powerlifters = full rick
> frat curl bros = vineyard vines/mallcore

some people invest in hobbies for women, some do it out of passion

Faggot

do anyone here has experience with Valentino?
this guy is selling this clutch bag but im dubious about it

>food
>shares in a corp
I literally know absolute shit about econ stuff but there are two very obviously valuable things you can buy with money