Do you guys know some good winter/snow boots?

Do you guys know some good winter/snow boots?

I like Sorel for snow not the most fashionable but it WERKS and kinda goes with my Yohji clothes.

I own a pair of Iron Rangers that I've worn in the Winter and they work fine. However, I would recommend getting treads on the soles, (like the ones in the pic), because the regular soles are flat and unfortunately very slippery when wet. They're also water, stain, and perspiration resistant which is really nice.

Old unlined combat boots are great. Wear woolen knit socks on top of your regular socks. Beats the shit out of any normal thermal lining.

I second this. Thick wool socks are a must-have.

>wearing any other socks than merino wool socks in the winter

This is great advice. I have a similar pair, albeit the knockoffs made by LL Bean in '08, and they hold up like a champ in the snow. Only real caveat is the lack of tread on mine, you've done the right thing. Some Obenaufs cures all ills.

It kinda depends, desu. Are we talking a LOT of snow, or just some occasional thickness?

>treads on the soles
lug soles
they're called lug soles, user

Has anyone on here actually worn the bean duck boots in really shitty weather? How do the soles hold up compared to lug treads?

I can't speak with too much experience but I got a pair for uni. Our winter apparently was fairly mild, but we still had a few big snows and I wore them around during those times. They've sunk in 8 inch snowdrifts and walked across salty ass parking lots and basically still look brand new.

Did you happen to walk on ice? Did they have any grip at all? That's really my main concern. That and if they can kick through lots of snow and not end up with wet feet.

Is it even worth trying to wear them normally laced? Especially if you're white?

Don't wear those in winter, the wetness will ruin the suede even if they're "waterproof"

Gotcha. What is a good daily boot for the fall/winter in heavy rain?

Everything from Redwing. My winters aren't that hard though so you might need something more practical.

How the fuck should I know? I made this thread so you would tell me! Me? I'm considering getting a pair of those umm L.L.Bean Duckarinos! Don't get Sorel, they're cheap shit that falls apart! Red Wings ain't waterproof neither!

sorry bud wasn't paying attention to your name but I'm on the fence about them too so have this fit pic I found.

Thanks, pal! He's cute qt!

I'm definitely in the market for nice winter boots. I got some Red Wings classic Mocs but I have huge buyer's regret because they have zero traction for snow/ice (I live in Michigan) and are huge like moon boots. I don't know how people wear these things.

I like the look of duck boots and I'm out of college so it's not like I'm going to be surrounded by girls wearing them, but they just look too memey.

Anyone have suggestions for nice, not huge, treaded leather boots?

timberlands are not suede

"nubuck"

>literally arguing semantics the the post