Opinions on 1461 black doc martens?

opinions on 1461 black doc martens?

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/813768
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got mine the other day ans its pretty good. Kills ur feet tho

how so? I heard they're hard to break in?

The back of your heel will rub, the top of your toes will hurt as well cos the leather is tight as hard af. Your soles might also get slight blisters. But after a few day, theyll be mint

I can't think of one good excuse to wear this that doesn't involve being forced to wear them by someone who can take away something you love

monodocs suck

yellow stitching or nothing

I only really like their boots, theres just so many things you can wear instead of this shoe that work better

What?

You clearly still think sneakers and streetwear are cool. 2013 was your year, kiddo

prefer the red wing styles. thinner soles.

I don't get on with Dr martens shoes, the boots are fine though.

they are good, but they remind me too much of the shoes I had to wear to school

What are some similar shaped shoes that aren't docs? I don't really like the colour of the soles or the yellow lining on these

They'll go great with your denim jacket, short bangs, and cigarette (for aesthetic purposes only)
An essential part of the school uniform

This is weird man...

1461 monos

I'm on the green bomber, tranny bangs +vape uniform plan myself.

OP just get the shoes

they hurt but they work extremely well with a myriad of outfits, great to play around with :^)

What did he mean by this?

>inb4 thighs
Been working out a lot since this pic was taken.

My feet are kinda big in general, but I assume Docs would look better on someone with smaller feet.
The Docs weigh like 750g each, but the bouncy sole really makes it barely noticeable. The leather is a little stiff once you get 'em, but once broken in they're pretty fine.

take off the tee buddy

I tossed it already. As I said, old pic.

after a few weeks or even months, they are hard to break in.

>thinner soles.
Really ?

I like them in theory but the oversized soles just look kinda garish to me. They always seem juuuust close enough orthopedic shoes or something. I don't get the same feeling with the boots.

1. hard to break in, people who say it only takes a few days are lying, more like months really. Shoe lasts you years though
2. Looks great on people with smaller feet. Any doc martens is notorious for making feet look big.
3. if your feet are wide it will give. if your feet are thin/narrow, they'll always slip a bit giving you forever blisters.

TL;DR, uncomfortable but cool.

this is oddly specific. you ok bro

i have both and mono docs are superior in every way.

didn't even have to break them in they were comfy straight out the box

How is the sizing on these? There seem to be no half-sizes. Should I size up or down?

Monodocs is more elegant and high fashion tier. You're in Veeky Forums not tumblr

i went tts and it kinda slips so i get blisters. I wouls suggest try them on in store if you can.

in every situation red wing postmen look better

I dunno man, the ones I got are actually quite comfy (granted, they are a few years old already, my brother brought them from Italy). My brother and I have been sharing it since he got it, and he's a size smaller than me.

Can someone post fits of shorter people wearing monos? I'm 5'8" size 9 and don't know if I'm tall enough

I just got a pair. Wore band-aids on the back heel, but still got bloody blisters.

I like them a lot, though.

Are 1461s more notorious for being hard to break in than 1460s? I don't really remember having these issues with 1460s.

i just got brown.
im a little disappointed in their sizing (i think its sized one up, because i ordered the size i wear for boots and they still ended up being bigger than my boots)
theyre still pretty comfortable to wear though but maybe require thicker socks to fit right, dont wear any pants tighter than a pinrolled slimfit either.

>>>mfa

Don't worry about it

If anything, the sole will give you about an inch or more of height.

It's a shoe that has a very similar look to the Doc Martens, you tard. Only people who know the model would have any clue you were wearing Red Wings.

I don't know, but it took me a week to break in my 1461.

so what the point to pay more for a shoes that looks the same ?

1460 are harder to break than 1461.

not him but

quality
uniquness
better shape and sillouhette
more versitile

its the doc marten shoe but better in every aspect.

like saying, why pay more for organic mince when you can get the genetically modified rat-cow meat from the supermarket.

With 1461 you should down one size compare to 1460.

But uglier.

I was actually debating between postman and doc mono. I heard the postman creases pretty badly. I've also actually seen the postman in real life twice and it didn't look great. Granted it was on very unstylish people but it still didn't look good. Something seemed too utilitarian about it

It does crease a lot, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. They look best when they're brand new and when they're very worn and creased all over.

I think they look good.

I feel like you have some insecurities you need to work through friend.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

idk something about them gave off a vibe of sketcher shoes. i really love the way they look in pictures by themselves but i dont know how i feel about them on feet

is that the postman? my god those are hideous

What size shoe? Also how tall? Wanting to cop but the size issue plagues me

I got a pair of these used and haven't had a chance to wear them out yet but I am going to today, will they make my feet look huge to others or is that something only I notice

Pic related is my foot size compared with the shoe, it doesn't look that bad does it? I've just heard these make your feet look much bigger than they are

>will they make my feet look huge to others
no
>haven't had a chance to wear them
they'll make your feet bleed though

did you size down or go true to size?

True to size but they're made in England so I'm a 10 and got a 9. I should have gotten an 8.5 though considering I need an insole to make them fit. They're definitely going to look huge :(

thanks

selling my 1461 monos if anyone's interested:
grailed.com/listings/813768

size 11 in near new condition

Bought them last year, bretty nice. Impossible to pull them on without a shoehorn tho. Also heavy.

Also they make your look taller, like 2-3 cm sole.

why do guys like these clown boots?