<Techwear / Lunarcore / Cyberpunk> | TLC General

Post your inspiration, w2c questions, rants about the definition of techwear, cringe fits, brand and item recommendations, movies/games/comics recommendations, whatever the fuck you want.

Dumping the pastebin a few anons on Veeky Forums put together a few weeks ago. Feel free to critique or add to it for the next pastebin.

pastebin.com/JcRCSaEX

Other urls found in this thread:

is-ness.com/2010ss/index.html
pastebin.com/uWsyd0S4
ebay.com/itm/Puma-Trinomic-Sock-X-Stampd-Mens-Grey-Textile-Slip-On-Sneakers-Shoes-/311515134503?var=&hash=item4887bfba27:m:mwsyMdUrWJDKTPVUSCLAkUA
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-part-1-the-bas
varusteleka.com/en/group/cargo-trousers/67
zalando.co.uk/mens-clothing-cargo-trousers-sale/g-star/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4Dimension
>Small Taiwanese label producing inexpensive techwear outerwear, tops and pants. Quality is on par with Guerilla Group, not comparable to large manufacturers such as Nike or Acronym but they are specifically targeted at the techwear aesthetic and this is a much cheaper alternative than Veilance and Acronym for brand new items. Fit is on the small side.

Acronym
>Military aesthetic, fashion forward cuts and functions, latest technical garments. High price. Footwear collaboration with Nike more form over function. Very strong resale and hard to get cheaply.

Adidas
>Sportswear brand with footwear lines that can work with the aesthetic such as the Tubular and Flux range. Certain apparel from Adidas Performance and Originals line can be found with technical fabrics and futuristic aesthetics. Outlets and eBay can be used to find good deals. Quality is quite high for the price.

Arcteryx LEAF
>The Law-Enforcement and Armed Forces line of the outdoors brand Arcterx. High priced but good build quality and materials. Can be found on the second hand market on eBay sold by retired soldiers relatively cheap. Mix with casual elements like sneakers to reduce the military/tactical look of these pieces.

Darn tough
>Only socks you need to own, highest quality you can get. Big time techwear staple, but 1-trick pony line.

Descente Allterrain
>Techwear diffusion line by a Japanese outdoors brand. Quality and price are high and tends to be slightly over-branded for the aesthetic.

Final Home
>Japanese streetwear brand with military and urban design references. Quality is low but the design aesthetic works very well with techwear. Don’t expect any technical fabrics. Can be found on eBay for a moderate price used.

I'll start us off then, posting my WAYWT.

Finisterre
>Best merino wool shirts I've ever worn, soft, comfortable, worn for days on end, they come in multiple colours and styles, are made in Europe and are the best priced even compared to mass-produced clothes like Icebreaker.

Guerrilla Group
> Military inspired futuristic streetwear that is affordably priced for brand new items. Limited use of technical fabrics and quality control is not as high as large manufacturers. If 4Dimension is the affordable version of Acronym, Guerrilla Group is the more affordable version of WTAPS.

Icebreaker
>Merino wool line with offerings ranging from stealth-tech to tech aesthetic. Great for F/W baselayer. Among the highest quality merino fibers you can get. Great hoodies and tech button-ups.

Maharishi
>UK streetwear brand with a military/utilitarian aesthetic. Can be found cheaply used on eBay, especially from the UK. Limited use of technical fabrics. Good source of cargo pants and bombers.

Mission Workshop
> Cycling oriented designs, high quality construction, use of technical fabrics ranging from neoshell to schoeller textiles. Designs are clean, prices are moderately high. Also a source backpacks and messengers with very high build quality.

Neighborhood Technical
>Technical diffusion line of a Japanese streetwear label. Rare and difficult to find. Check Yahoo!JP auctions. Interesting fit and use of some technical fabrics.

Nike (NikeLab, ACG, Sphere, NSW)
>One of the best sources for inexpensive techwear garments. Numerous shoe models work with the aesthetic and have some of the best footwear technology in the world. Waterproof clothing and farbics such as Gore-Tex can be found across many product lines. Nike Sphere is often discounted and marketed towards runners and is a good source of inexpensive waterproof shells. ACG is expensive new but resale is poor and eBay is a good source for cheap second hand jackets and pants.

Outdoor research
>Affordable hit or miss (in terms of aesthetic) line, best functional rain shells you'll find under like $400 (helium 2 HD) and good soft-shell offerings.

Outlier
>Casualwear looking tech line with amazing shorts and pants, but also some other good offerings. more of a focus on aesthetic than function.

Patagonia
>Outdoor line with a focus on ethical/eco friendly manufacturing processes. more focused on performance than tech aesthetic, but their serious tech pieces are done in modern and fashionable cuts for the most part. similar to TNF except their garments are taken seriously within the innawoods community. Comparable to Arcteryx.

Peak Performance
> Good mix of outdoor gear and urban gear, most items claim at least some degree of water resistance, trousers use anatomical forms so as to not hinder movement. Urban gear is understated and their outdoor gear has the typical bright colours you would expect.

Polartec surplus
>Dope affordable military surplus fleeces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Great starting point for midlayer.

Prada Sport
>Technical sportswear by luxury fashion house Prada. Uses top quality materials and construction is excessively good (6 rows of reinforced stitching in places). Second hand market is filled with this brand on eBay, especially from the UK. This is an affordable way to get a top-quality Gore-Tex shell. Pants are another good item from this brand with wide cuts and technical stretch materials. Minimalistic designs work with the aesthetic and colorways are typically black, navy and beige.

prAna
>yoga line with very good stealth-tech pants and shorts among their line. amazing price to quality ratio. similar to outlier, but more budget-minded with a greater focus on function.

REI co-op
>budget oriented techwear basics line. best budget puffies in term of insulation and construction/hardware. casual look.

RLX
>Technical sportswear diffusion line of Ralph Lauren. Well-made and plenty available new and second hand heavily discounted on eBay in the US. Especially good for pants, but some outerwear softshells can work with the aesthetic. Very rare to find good technical fabrics in this brand, but they do exist.

Stone Island Shadow Project
>Diffusion line of an Italian sportswear/casual clothing company. High priced with good resale. Some technical materials used, strong urban military design references.

The North Face
>Outdoors brand that can be found anywhere new and used. Can be very expensive and resale is decent because of strong demand from the general public and outdoors enthusiasts. Outwear shells and backpacks can work with the aesthetic.

Veilance
>Arcteryx’s minimalist urban line. Very high priced, high resale. Hard to find a good deal on this even second hand. Good construction quality and use of materials. Arguably the best quality for urban technical apparel alongside Prada Sport. Simple, mostly black designs are versatile and work in a range of styles.

WTAPS
> Japanese streetwear label with military references. Occasionally has technical fabrics and design elements. Resale of this brand is high.

Y-3
> Sportswear collaboration between Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas. Construction is not robust, more suited for a fashion oriented look than real performance outdoors or for exercise. New Y-3 Sport line has recently been released and provides more focus on utilitarian designs and less on the fashion aspect.

not bad.
constructive critique: how about some baggier track or cargo pants, thin black socks, a black surplus backpack and get some velcro stick on patch to cover the marmot logo?

And we're back.

These illustrations of a few of the main characters in Neuromancer have a cool style.

What an awkward pose, get loose. Looks like you're stretching your neck foward

old casio databank has that 90s futuristic design to it imo
i like old junk like this. sometimes you can find interesting crap on ebay for cheap

i need a job so fucking badly bros

i think doing it on the cheap can be really fun though. you get to learn how shit needs to fit to get the silhouette right, what features you need for your lifestyle. you have to search and hunt on ebay and surplus and thrift stores to get the crap you need. you cant just order all ACRNM from their online store. i think you could create your own style over time doing it that way and would be more rewarding.
i have stuff from veilance and guerrilla group but my most worn items were surplus or used finds.
it can be a fun challenge and save money at the same time. by the time you have a good job you'll know just what to get as well so you dont look like those dudes on superfuture in full acronym but arent pulling it off

I wonder how this thing from 4dimension looks worn?

Anybody know how long it takes to get tracking from acrnm.com? Ordered something recently and itching to get the package here.

id love this stone island piece

Nice to see a more modern take on that. I'm sick of people treating a scifi story like it was a period piece.

I'm looking for a simple shoes to go with these fits. Errolson Hugh sometimes shows himself wearing vans in his showcases. Is it OK to cop with a techwear fit? Anything similar with more functionality?

Copped these a couple days ago. Honestly some of the comfiest pants I've ever worn and they're great for the super hot weather you encounter in Houston. They're also built for rock climbing and hiking, so I'm definitely gonna be throwing these in my backpack whenever I go /out/.

I've also got the beta LT rain jacket in black, it's very nice

basically +1 for Arc'Teryx, expensive shit but comfy and rugged as fuck

i usually get mine day after ordering

memes, memes, ever more memes, and even more memes piled on top

A couple of labels I'd add

Dahlgren makes fantastic socks out of alpaca and merino wool. Both the design and performance are pretty techy. Made in the USA as well. I wear these and Darn Tough almost exclusively now.

Black Rabbit is a Japanese label doing modern takes on military pieces. The fabrics aren't techy but a lot of the silhouettes and details are. BR is more of a retro futuristic look like Blade Runner or something.

forgot Is-Ness
Japanese street/techwear label that is so unique that I can only describe it by comparing a bunch of things. Think Patagonia classic tech mixed with relaxed Cali style mixed with crazy Japanese over the top colors, prints, & patterns. Definitely not for the darker tech ninja look =]

cool SS10 video
is-ness.com/2010ss/index.html

Also, it seems their more recent seasons are much more toned down than they used to be.

id on the jacket in pic ?

Acronym x Pool Ayoma J45M-BW
limited run of 100
good luck

blah
typo
*pool aoyama

100 in the world? fuq, anything you can recommend for me based on my love of this picture ?

Well it looks like it was based on a vintage military piece, so I'd start there
maybe post the image on a /k/ milsurp thread and ask them for something similar

thanks bruva

Added to revised pastebin

pastebin.com/uWsyd0S4

Have to check a few of those brands out

these pumas look pretty good/techy and are cheap all over ebay now

id? link? w2c?

I can keep going if you want =]

Hatra is another Japanese brand that, while focused on wovens and not at all tech has some very techy silhouettes and cuts featuring large hoods and flared collars. Could be good as layering pieces

Puma x Stampd Trinomics

>filename

puma x stampd

sure, go for it. anyone else wants to add or edit if there is an error in the pastebin then post up.

i think this pastebin we grew collectively is one of the better ones online to give newbies a good sense of what is out there.

love the textures and color pattern on those

only 48 bucks. they were like $150 when they came out. really good deal

ebay.com/itm/Puma-Trinomic-Sock-X-Stampd-Mens-Grey-Textile-Slip-On-Sneakers-Shoes-/311515134503?var=&hash=item4887bfba27:m:mwsyMdUrWJDKTPVUSCLAkUA

Labrat x Porter MA-1 shorts
so dope

looks sick. i like these 80s cyberpunk styles even if they arent really "techwear" at all

yeah
there's a definite retro future dystopic aesthetic pervading sci-fi movies of the '80's
maybe it's because spandex and tight clothes were 'in' at the time and so the envisioned future was an about face loose vibe?
also most of the staple techwear fabrics and technology didn't reach general fashion production potential until the '90's

mish mash of oversized, military inspired clothes mixed with casual elements and sneakers
comfy at least

It's actually limited to 9 pieces, and one of those being a prototype, with another being held at Acronym's HQ, so only 7 were ever made publicly available.

>no issey miyake
>no stone island
>no c.p. company
>stone island shadow project doesn't mention massimo osti
>no aitor throup
>no undercover
>no gyakusou
>no porter yoshida
>final home doesn't mention the link between issey miyake and the main inspiration for final home
>no visvim

not a bad start bu the pastebin leaves a lot to be desired
also i would suggest including this dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-part-1-the-bas
it's not a bad introduction

I personally don't feel the majority of the brands you listed could be considered techwear and that background information on designers is kind of going off on a tangent. But if you want to write out entries for those brands then feel free.

I personally don't rate that dressed down blog very highly. Seems pedantic and very limited; it is also very old and this "movement" has changed a lot over the past three years.

not that dude, but stone island, cp, aitor, and gyakusou are the epitome of tech

gyak is in that list under nike. SISP is on the list and way more tech than SI and CP, and aitor is not really relevant to most consumers unless you mean g star raw... lol

>visvim
>issey miyake
>undercover
>porter
are u just listing those because they are japanese? just because a label has a handful of tech pieces doesnt make it a techwear brand. otherwise u better put burberry, versace, eddie bauer and any other western brand that ever released a gore-tex coat or windbreaker heh

is 4dimension dead or are they dropping something soon? i tried ordering a sale jacket and paypal rejected the transaction for some reason off their big cartel site

Shadow Project FW16 lookin good

what should I add to this

compression socks, softshell, different shirt, backpack/messenger

Kkk

>tfw no lunarcore gf

Where the shit do you get reasonably priced cargos that aren't baggy as shit from? srsly, anything decent seems to be close to £100 :(

varusteleka.com/en/group/cargo-trousers/67

Have some relatively unused Y-3 Warriors size 9US (fit up to 10US) in white that I don't use, willing to sell.

>varusteleka.com/en/group/cargo-trousers/67
Thanks; I love Varusteleka, but I did say non-baggy.

tfw there was a nice y-3 jacket on grailed for 200 that retails for 700
tfw someone bought it right when I was going to cop it

I still cant get over it

>nike x acronym lunar force 1
>nike x acronym air presto
>ultra boost
>nike free (line)
>Y-3 qasa (line)
>Y-3 boost (line)
>Nike SFB
>adidas tubular (line)

Are these shoes the essential techwear shoes? (Line) means the whole line of shoes and not a specific model.

g-star has 'rovic' cargoes in several different fits, slim and 3d tapered are both not very baggy

Yeah, they're nice, but they're way too expensive.

EQT ADV is a very underrated sneaker that can fall in that category

nope.
some frees are meh-tier & some tubulars are shit-tier

What are the best shorts to wear over leggings/joggers? None of that pyrex shit

They are under 100 bucks though aren't they?
I think the official site has sale on right now too, and they probably go to sale pretty frequently on lot of sites

Black nike frees are awesome, good balance of looks and function. especially the flyknits or the special ones like the free carnivores. Never really liked tubulars t bh. They look like toy qasas

There are nothing wrong with Tubular dooms. Infact, they are one of the better sneakers released this year.

Dooms look good, runners and radials just look too "plastic" to me if that makes sense

They're £85, which is... $110. I'm aiming more for £50 and under, really. Spent too much money on clothes in the past to make larger purchases now, as much as I'd love to.
Criteria: Under £50, preferably olive drab, slim fit.

Dunno if you can find anything too good with that
You could try finding something from grailed/ebay I guess
Found this as well, if it helps:
zalando.co.uk/mens-clothing-cargo-trousers-sale/g-star/
G-star has kinda bad rep but I don't know, I kinda like some of their stuff and Aitor Throup working for them is pretty cool

were you guys even reading -__- i said SOME are.
was talking about the lines, not any specific shoes.
i fucking LOVE the dooms and huarache carnivores, but imo shoes like Tubular X are utter shit.

Any more interesting/good looking Nike sneakers/other sneakers?
Need a black and white sneaker that's very versatile, was thinking of Nike Flyknit Presto/regular presto or Ultra boost, but was hoping for something more in the rage of $100-MAYBE $150 but no more than that.

The joys of having other things to pay for... Jeans it is I guess.
Thanks for the link and suggestions.

Flyknit racer
Flyknit lunar 3
Nike free flyinit

wrong pic but these are very nice. Reminds me of a better prestos

super thin running shorts
nike, adidas, other sporting brands
added coolness for 3M highlights

Hosenty champion shorts are pretty great, thin, light weight, very minimal branding, and really cheap

I'm listing them because they're either influential or relevant to the discussion of techwear.
Which i assumed was the point of having a techwear general thread.
>otherwise u better put burberry, versace, eddie bauer
The sticky includes prada sport the brands i mentioned are more relevant to a discussion about techwear.

The blog was just a suggestion.
Despite it being 3 years old it offers some solid advice and places to start looking for the absolute beginner
Assuming, if the sticky is meant to be a buying guide which it seem to be.
Based on:
>background information on designers is kind of going off on a tangent
and what said
> aitor is not really relevant to most consumers
>SISP is on the list and way more tech than SI and CP

If the point of the thread is to be a buying guide then it would make sense to add it in my opinion,

would this chrome industries backpack work great for techwear ?

just get an ecat

Any good /tech/ /cyb/ looking shoes for normal price ?

What do you people think of these?

Anyone here cycle? What are some good pants for cycling?

Don't wear light colored pants, that my only tip.

everything

Are they the best shorts to offer? I mean I don't mind spending 200-400 usd as long are they're nice. I'm a bit of a fuccboi so grails or hyped shorts would be better overall

so write up those brands if u have something to say on them?

prada sport has been doing techwear and kept that theme way more than issey or undercover. i like issey and undercover but they would fit more in a cyberpunk look especially with some of their vintage stuff. they are not a dedicated tech brand though like Prada sport is.

you arent adding anything and just whining.

>you arent adding anything and just whining.
you must be new to 4chin

triple black y3 qasa highs or white sole?

white sole, but y-3 qasas don't last very long.

does anyone have any recommendations for molle/tecsys attachments for my 3a-3ts? thanks.

would you recommend a different shoe then?