Let's do a watch thread, starting off with a question, best diver/sub homage in the 150-350 range?

Let's do a watch thread, starting off with a question, best diver/sub homage in the 150-350 range?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/category/200214006/men-watches.html?site=glo&shipCountry=CA&g=y&SortType=price_asc&needQuery=n&tag=
kickstarter.com/projects/1474018119/minimalist-watches-without-the-luxury-markup/
ebay.com/itm/Frederique-Constant-FC303M4P6B2-Mens-Silver-Dial-Analog-Automatic-Watch-/302011561110?hash=item46514ab496:g:r4MAAOSw7s5Xg-ai
sashe.sk/leon/detail/panske-hodinky-s-kozenym-naramkom-cierne-ii
amazon.com/dp/B000TV2XOG/ref=twister_B017MP5PL4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
a.co/1cU2Z63
a.co/8QYclYi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seiko skx007 if you wanna look like everyone else. it's a good balance, has inspiration from sub but not full homage, full homages are embarrassing tbbh, but if you insist i think its rodina that makes one

I get skx007 is popular but I've never seen one in real life, so I don't think I'll be looking like everyone if I went with the skx007. I'm considering steinhart as well, the seiko sea urchin, the skx007, the sea turtle reissue...

Morning lads.

Been thinking about tankers lately. Yellow gold tankers.

Turtle reissue.

If you NEED a Submariner homage, the Steinhart ones are your best choice, but they are a out of your budget even though it's not by much.

I can't get the SRP777 locally and I don't think the gold on the SRP775 would work with everything I usually wear.

I also like the turtle with a bracelet but I prefer the regular diver size with nato/zulu straps, which is what I'm going to be using with the watch.

I don't need a homage, I just honestly like the looks of the rolex submariner more than any other watch. The seiko sea urchin is cheap and looks very close, but it does feel like too much of a copy.

My budget can stretch a bit, either way (I don't mind spending even less, I don't mind spending a bit more as I intend to wear it all the time and for hopefully years to come).

aliexpress.com/category/200214006/men-watches.html?site=glo&shipCountry=CA&g=y&SortType=price_asc&needQuery=n&tag=

what's the most Veeky Forums watch that I can get for less than $3

Just bought this a few days ago. The Bulova Accutron II Alpha. It's a modern spin on the original 60's Accutron Spaceview Alpha. It also has the precisionist movement, it loses about 5 seconds a year

This is the original 1960s Alpha by the way

stop spamming your spaceman watch. I'm sure everyone at the star trek convention will love it. No need to be so insecure. Not even the best spaceview

Oh yeah cause this thread is booming with replies and I'm just cluttering it. Also I'm not rich to get a better spaceview I would need like 4k or something

I don't really like it because it's too unconventional for my tastes, especially on that color I could never wear it myself.

I can see it looking okay if you dress around it.

Do I want the SKX007 if I'm going with a grey nato strap?

does this look too big on my wrists? i have real bitch wrists

Another angle?

here

No it doesn't. You're fine.

It's a pretty watch too.

crisis averted thanks breh

If you are convinced of replacing the bracelet with a NATO, you should consider the Orient Ray/Mako II. They come in blue or black, have day and date, hand-winding and hacking. The only bad thing is the bracelet, which isn't a concern in your case.

I'd consider it despite the red details that I don't like, but the new ones (ii, with the new movement) aren't available in europe.

The fabric strap is the only way I can type all day with a watch.

kickstarter.com/projects/1474018119/minimalist-watches-without-the-luxury-markup/
Thoughts on these?

>honest price
>same parts as a 50 usd casio for 330 "future retail"

Still waiting on diver suggestions, still prefer the SKX007 to all other options.

what watch is this?

It looks big on your wrist, but not quite too big. Barely acceptable. Buy smaller in the future.

Don't pay more than £5

It's an SNXS75, very cheap and classy looking, saved the picture so that I can remember to get it as some point.

oh and there's also the SNXS73, SNXS77 AND SNXS79, for different color options.

An automatic watch for around 60 euro and quite minimalist, doesn't get much better.

Just started a new job and looking for a nice watch. Can't be too flashy, since the director of my dept wears a gshock. Can spend up to say 500 if it's something I really like, but trying to stay below 200-500 USD. Mechanical watches preferred. Don't really know shit about watches if I'm being honest family.

I think something like this looks nice. Plus I mostly wear brown leather shoes, so if that strap is leather, it's gotta be brown.

>but trying to stay below 200-500 USD
*trying to stay below 200-250 USD

I like minimalist watches like these. Timex has some for $30 or so.

nice watch desu

you could always get a vostok scuba dude and put a seiko bezel on it. I put a SS bezel on mine. Get perlon strap too if you're actually going to wear it in the water, it's comfy and dries quick.

i have a skx007, black or grey nato is a conundrum for me

meme watch

can't stand that other negative display version tho
the black looks alright too

Hi, never had a watch before and started looking, and I really like the look of black matte watches I've discovered compared to normal preppy dress thingies with brown leather straps like most people I know have and like, I don't want to make those a part of my image as it isn't really me. So I found this Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Auto thing and it's really expensive according to me for a first watch, so do any of you know similar watches but cheaper, this one is 600 usd so maybe twice as cheap or even less? And is hamilton a good watch brand, will I get my moneys worth if I actually do buy the watch on impulse? Thanks ahead if someone helps me

thats gorgeous, don't know if it's worth the price over the similar looking casios that sell for $10-$20 though

Recently bought my second Rolex :)

what model is that?

What are some casual/sporty watches under 300USD?

Something masculine without being dinner plate-tier like Panerai homages.

technically yes because it has better lights and better WR.

still a shitty resin case though.

This will work in 20 years and it should be less than 100 dollars. You can change the strap to something you like better.

Case isn't black/grey though.

Just google field watch that's the style you're looking for.

Why do rich people have such shit taste?

Why do poorfags even pretend to have any taste whatsoever

You have 10 minutes to find a picture of someone well dressed rocking a two tone diver like that.

I found only with this wristband

but the model is : FC-303M4P6B3

ebay.com/itm/Frederique-Constant-FC303M4P6B2-Mens-Silver-Dial-Analog-Automatic-Watch-/302011561110?hash=item46514ab496:g:r4MAAOSw7s5Xg-ai

This is mine.

sashe.sk/leon/detail/panske-hodinky-s-kozenym-naramkom-cierne-ii

Is this Veeky Forums? Just imagine a brown bracelet instead of a black one

w2c?

my GF just got me this vintage Omega,
with a light brown leather bracelet instead.
thoughts?

How to attach strap tho? It's a beautiful piece

Spend about 300-350 on the SARB035 (or 033 if you want black dial) and it will be formal for work and understated but rugged for normal use with a great movement and sapphire crystal

go to a shop and try some on
get a sense for the size and style
if you think you want one wait a week before you buy it. if you still like it buy that one :)

Is there any reason to opt for mechanical over quartz if I'm purely interested in the aesthetics of a watch? Is part of the issue that quartz watches have a higher mark up?

Yech. Even for kickstarter these are pretty terrible.

That video was so cringeworthy
What was the point of tracing an angle of muh aesthetic architecture building with a pencil and who the fuck would screw on the case back with the watch in the air like that and that loupe wouldn't work at all at that distance anyway

i ordered a pebble time round (smartwatch) in black
what do you think of these?
are they wearable?

anyone got experience with timex weekender fairfield? Not sure if I want black or white face, if I get black face I'll likely switch the bands to something grey

Nomos are so fucking beautiful. Would totally get one if I had the money.

This is the current extent of my watch collection. I work with radioactive material and high voltage supplies, so I just have stuff that can be easily replaced if damaged/contaminated.
I'm interested in getting a nicer mechanical watch (up to 500 USD), as well as a nice field watch (up to 200 USD, maybe 300).
As you can probably tell, I don't know much about watches, so any recs/guidance would be appreciated.

Plus I have an old g shock from when my dad was a fireman like 30 years ago. Not that that's relevant.

My chemistry prof had one of these

Looks great
Congrats

Really love B&R stuff and I'm so tempted to get one of these. Willing to spend the money but I'm looking at other options first. Anything in a similar style in the 500-1000 price range? Hamilton Khakis look nice, they good watches?

*pounds not dollars

I can't find anyone asking, what model seiko 5 is that?

I answered that earlier, it's the SNXS line, it comes in 8 different colors or so.

It's cheap and looks very close to a SARB, it's still a Seiko so it's dependable.

It looks good in a leather strap as well, but not on a nato strap IMO which is the only reason I'm not getting one and calling it a day.

Oi mate they sure got some DOG TURD SHITTEROONIS in this thread, i wouldn't wipe my ass with most of these things, only is halfway decent, but i would have stayed away from a two-tone blusey cause the depreciation value is gonna sink like a PETRIFIED DOG TURD STEEL ROLEX SPORTS is where the sweet spot is i reckon!
Great post, archie!

hamilton is a very good watch brand. it's owned by swatch and uses good swiss movements. make sure you know if you want a quartz or an automatic movement. quartz movements use batteries, so you'll need to replace them. mechanical watches either need to be wound by hand on the crown or are self winding, either way if you take care of it and get it serviced every 5 years or whatever a good mechanical like your pic related will literally outlast you

she's a fucking keeper w2c rich gf with taste in watches

ALLO FUCKAS

it's a nice touch and makes a watch even more special

mfw i just have a moto x smartwatch

Holly shit, how can an alpinist look so big on someone...you're a skeleton rick wearing mofo aren't you senpai?

Best minimal watches under $60 please

Yes, Hamilton is good. Also, I think bell and Ross consistently get a lot right in their design and dial details and proportions... But fuck I can't ever convince myself to pay their premium.

>ebin minimalist kickstarter watch

fuck off

I don't get people who like that style.
it looks kinda ugly. not my thing.

Actually looking around I've kinda fallen out of love with the B&R look, and reckon I'm going for pic related instead.

Fuck off shekelstein

anyone knows watches like this? can't find this anywhere. this one is broken

citizen ana digi
lots of different designs

Found this used for $50, cop?

amazon.com/dp/B000TV2XOG/ref=twister_B017MP5PL4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This watch is the cat's meow if you ask me and I've had it for four years.

Good or no?

a.co/1cU2Z63

I don't even wear a watch, user, but I really do like that Hamilton.

I know it's not the same exact watch, but it reminds of this picture.

I like how the cheapo $20 black Timex Camper looks. It's the perfect size for someone with thin wrists.

I'm wondering though, does anyone happen to know of a similar looking military-style watch with a black steel case and no branding whatsoever? I prefer quartz, too. If such a watch even exists, I would spend almost anything for it.

I KNOW, THAT BLUESY PROBABLY COST THAHSANDS AND THAHSANDS OF FUCKAROONIS!

timex weekender
>costs about 20 money units
>looks better on the wrist than in pictures
>ticks very loud

I kinda like the black face, but not sure how it is in real life.
a.co/1cU2Z63

Also looking at the weekender fairfield. Hear its quieter and its more minimal but it's $60 and I might want to change the band.

a.co/8QYclYi

thoughts?

Been eyeing this do I cop?

Are there any cheap antimagnetic watches?

hey guys, job interview for a jewellery company coming up

will think im a pleb for wearing a Orient bambino? I really like it but its cheap as fuck

Only pleb watches in this thread...