Early 2000's emo/punk-core

Recently rediscovered music from this era, and im getting nostaglic a fa.m

What made this look? From what I remember was skinny (or dark) jeans, converse or skate shoes, flannel, and dark sweaters.
>pic not related

I recently started dressing this way too. What do you guys think about this fit?

I'm not a fan of the all black. I'd prefer contrast red/black black/gray black/white.

i feel like skullcap-style knitted hats were more popular than the really long beanies that late-00s emos wore like halfway off their heads

knitted caps and bracelets and black skinny jeans were mandatory.

fucking hell that was a weird time

how about those thick pleather armband things... i honestly dream of discovering a section of the midwest that never got past that style

Is there a way to still do this look tastefully?
I'm .mil this would be for when I'm off work. brb everyone dresses like pic related..

I'm 22 now, and while I was into this type of music when I was younger, I've never really gotten that deep into the "scene".

P L A I N T S H I R T
stay away from hot topic also

>P L A I N T S H I R T
???

???

im mil (cyber usaf) and I just have my hair slicked back during work and have it washed out as angular fringe after work. Just a few more years till im private sector and can have my hair however I want :^^^)

Plain tshirt

So pretty much like an undercut, and kept underneath cover/beret?
>tfw infantry

Are you trying to make this a meme or what

did this kid bully you or something?

This is true emo, which probably isn't what OP wants. I doubt they've ever listenened to Moss Icon, American Football, or Snowing. They seem to be talking about the Fall Out Boy kind of emo, which isn't emo.

Yes. Post that kind of emo, or whatever that style is called. idc if it's seen as degenerate.

fuck i wish i had some pics of the early 2000s high school years
just watch some music videos of songs from the early 2000s of "emo" bands like silverstein,senses fail, taking back sunday, hawthorne heights, they usually wear that shit

IM GONNA MAKE DAAAAAAMN SURE

Does this fit generally look better on skinny or ottermode physiques? I think I may be too big (not swole by any means).

thanks for the laughs guys

I feel like it's too soon for me to relive this look. I was in high school when this was a thing. I think studded belts could be reworked into my wardrobe somehow.

For me it's been flannels. Red and black, or white and black. But I can't help but think all the hipsters have already made flannel into a pseudo-lumberjack look already..

no.