rent is still fairly affordable
lots and lots of good restaurants, coffee, and bars
Hawthorne boulevard is full of hippies
Burnside street has good nightlife
The Doug Fir is my favorite music venue
Union Jacks is the best strip club
Pine State Biscuits is a good breakfast joint

any qts?

Voodoo is a meme, Blue star is much better, traffic sucks, weather sucks unless you're a techweenie, great deals on Nike and Adidas shit if you know someone at the HQ, decent higher end fashion stores in Portland, areas surrounding Portland are absolute shit except for one little dinky town south with a lake

In general it's a nice place but if you're coming from austin or california be prepared to get absolutely buttfucked by people complaining about how you're ruining """their""" state

I got the fuck out of there because I couldn't take the endless rain and grey skies during the winter months. Arizona is so much nicer

sure, depending on what you're into
Seattle has far more, but don't move here
it's getting shittier the more people move in

bump

Never expected to encounter nimbyism on Veeky Forums, a boardof people who dream of moving to a big city.

Portlander here.
Rent has spiked up nearly double since I moved up from mid-Oregon and Union Jacks is total shit, go to Devil's Point. Pine state is great though. Anyway, come on up and join in the death throws as Portland becomes San Portlando. It's still a solid city to live in, but it's becoming so rich and white that it's turning into cheesecake. Then again, reverse white flight is doing that in so many places, so it's nothing unique.

Oh and go eat at Tapalaya, it's fucking fantastic and always empty on weekend breakfasts and i don't want them to close.

I live an hour away from Portland the school year and I enjoy visiting it. Idk if I'd live there tho. It seems kinda gimmicky in that it plays on the whole "we're weird and quirky" thing. I mean it even has its own damn TV show. That being said, decent music venues, record stores, and good food are all readily available. I have yet to go clothes shopping there so I don't know about that.

Is Vancouver any good? The rent is p cheap and it's right next door

Expect rich kids playing dress up as homeless sneering at you for not giving them 5 dollars.

too many rich white kids have ruined it
don't be the next one.

Vancouver's a shithole from what I hear. I don't know personally, just have friends that have lived there.

Neither Portland nor Seattle really count as big cities tbqh

>Vancouver
>cheap

lul

If you can't speak Chinese don't come to Vancouver

Do you go to Oregon State? Corvallis is super lowkey, I liked it a lot when I visited my sister there

>favorite music venue
>closes 2.30am

wat.jpg

I read this as poland

23 y/o Portland native here

It is ok, but the people from California are really really awful. If you are from California please stay there.

lel

Fart sniffing faggot

Portland sucks.
Seattle is way more effay.

nope sry

whats wrong with sniffing farts you california fuck ass

Yeah but to people who haven't lived in one they are.

America's fucked city wise becuase of the bullshit suburban boom and the creation of the sprawl.

The only big citys are New York, LA, Miami and Chicago.

I have an apartment in vancouver wa
Right off 4th plain. it's affordable but you'll have to make sacrifices

Portland is okay, just realize that everyone from the REAL Portland (in Maine) is going to sneer at your hipster ass, despite having become a hipster hive years ago itself