Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not very.

100%

Noah wasn't white

What's wrong with it?

Are there any decent representations to show what Noah did look like?

>Are there any decent representations to show what Noah did look like?
We know who his children were and what peoples they fathered

Well for starters, biblical literalism.

Are you a evolutionaryist? You know that's a cult, right?

Did water ever entirely cover the earth?

Can't tell if troll or just American protestant

Memes aside, it has nothing to do with the bible, is heresy.

Noah's children are the ancestors of everyone alive.

No he's serious. These loaded threads get made all the time, someone falls for it and says "but the bible isn't historically accurate" and he'll come back with typically: "u know evolution was disproven ages ago, u dumb atheist LOL". Just ignore his crap, honestly.

I thought it was a pretty sound representation of the account in the bible. Obviously they took small liberties but nothing that makes it incompatible.

This part was sick as fuck desu
youtube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk

100% Only thing they didnt include was lightsaber duel and master Yoda. Bretty gud star wars sequel

Are you willing to answer whether you have a literal or metaphorical interpretation of this part of the bible?

I believe Noah was a real man. Whether or not water covered the whole earth or whatever, I don't know, I can't claim to know the details. All I do know is that it's not a made up story just to illustrate a point, it's about real people and real events, regardless of how those events are expressed.

This is a masterpiece in incoherent fence sitting.

Either it is made up to illustrate a point i.e. metaphorical or it is an attempt, entirely accurate or not, to represent genuine history.

I assume your position on adam and eve would be similar?

Snowball earth.

You clearly are not familiar with the numerous categories of exegesis employed by the Fathers. There was historia (basically what fundamentalists use for the whole Bible) and there was allegorical (very popular in Alexandria but seldom used by most Church Fathers, this method means characters and such are just ideas), and there were many, many, many others, such as anagogue and tropology. Noah and his family were real people, not just ideas or symbols; how much of the story is historia is another question. It's a very simple concept, used even today: political cartoons today, for instance, use real people, but they are not historical documenation

yes

I was actually thinking of this when I posted, is there a separate word in the bible for ice rather than water?

All the way, except maybe the acting. youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

If greeks and italians are white then noah was white

Greeks and Italians weren't white until the 20th Century, so....

>Estonians are the purest Europeans

>Purest

It's a goddamn Aronofsky fantasy film what do you think

>biology doesn't real, genetics doesn't real, everything is a spook, habloo habloo

>'Genetic purity' demonstrates much more than spatial location

Except it does

The rest of the movie was really quite meh, but this part was fucking awesome.