Would you ever wear a kimono or kimono inspired clothing? They look so Comfy

Would you ever wear a kimono or kimono inspired clothing? They look so Comfy.
Does anyone have experience with owning one? Where can I purchase a not so expensive one?

Other urls found in this thread:

sousouus.com
youtu.be/DLU1zwgcmho
alohafromdeer.com/men/clothing/sweatshirts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting inspo pics.

I'm Japanese, so yes.
If you are not Japanese, no.

what if I'm transjapanese?

Rephrase this to "are you in Japan" and you've got it. When I was visiting I got talked into buying one for a festival by my language exchange partners and they love westerners in it.

If you're not in Japan you're just going to look like a weeaboo because even in Japan they're situationally reserved for specific events and not daily wear.

Wearing a kimono at a festival sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to do that if I'm ever in Japan.

I bought this comfy as fuck. Regarding look, usualy wear it with black legings and black shorts. I think it looks fine, but I am asian with long hair

cultural appropriation at the hand of white pig colonialists

w2c ?

Looks to be ASOS

even if this is facetious white people should avoid this regardless cause it looks lame af

please dont be like this corny big nosed teenager

looks like you can do something similar with an open faced cardigan

I could use one as a bathrobe

If you're white and even moderately attractive, you can catch pretty much anyone eyeing you in a good way. I heard a number of girls telling their friends it looked cool too.

I actually really like a lot of this guys outfits.

>川上村消防團
lel

Firefighters are effay user

Wearing kimonos in the modern age just makes you look like a Jedi or something. Miss me with that shit.

ooh fuck this is actually neat.
im japanese and im totes ok with non-jap wearing kimono.

we have this thing called YUKATA and its just like bathrobes, u can wear'em in summer all day, its super comfy.. desu

If I became fluent with the force of course I would

Probably not but I think it's cool.

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

(OP)
There hasn't been a single Kimono posted in this thread.

I wore a Yukata to a couple festivals when I lived in Japan and they are a big pain in the ass. The belt is small and doesn't get an elaborate knot like the women's so the thing is constantly pulling apart. You're not supposed to wear anything but underwear underneath and its really hard to readjust without flashing everyone.

Jinbei are much nicer. Same look but you wear shorts. Hate them on girls tho

>Would you ever wear a kimono or kimono inspired clothing?
absolutely yes.

The wind blows. It is 7 in the morning, Ken-sama woke up to the cold morning. He got up, and went to the bathroom to wash his face. Ken-sama live in a traditional Japanese house, he only rent a room though. The old couple is nice enough to let him stay in their house. Ken-sama grepped his kimono and wear it like a proper nihonjin, he walk to a window and smell the fresh nihonjin morning. “Ah, konbanwa anatas. What beautiful morning desu.” Ken-sama zoned out looking at the beach from his room. Ken-sama went downstairs to greet the old couple. “Ah, ohayou ojisan and obasan”. The old couple replied him with a warm smile and proceed with their breakfast while inviting Ken-sama. Although Ken-sama can not understand them, he easily could read what the old couple is trying to say, he is born with this talent. “Arigato.” Ken-sama said, he then went upstairs to take a few things. He took a bokken and a katana, the katana is hidden in his kimono and the bokken is on his obi, this is to avoid being arrested by authorities as he was warned last time. Ken-sama will be going on his usual morning walk to sightseeing the glorious nihonjin country. “Itadakimasu obasan and ojisan”, they gave him a mixed smile and a slightly confused expression.

Ken-sama reached the park near the beach, he like to watch kids playing as it is a something that can warm his pure heart. Suddenly, a sudden tremor. No, it’s more terrifying than that, it’s an earthquake, a huge one. The ground was shaking and beginning to crack, Ken-sama look at the children, they were running away terrified, “minna san! do not run around! Stay in place!” The kids couldn’t understand what he was saying, he gestured what he was trying to say, he ordered the kids to stay in the middle of the park as it is too dangerous. But that was Ken-sama’s mistake, he look at the beach from afar. It was huge, a tsunami is coming. Ken-sama widened his eyes and look at the children and yelled every Japanese word he knew “Arigatou gozaimasu! Gomenasai! Run away minna-san!” The children ran away, the wave is coming, it was at least 100ft tall. Ken-sama was ashamed with himself, he should have anticipated this, if he did the children would be far away by now. “sumimasen mina-san, it was my mistake”, he took his hidden katana and dual wield with the bokken and katana. As he ran towards the tsunami trying to stop it, he uttered his last words. “Arigatou obasan, ojisan. For taking care of me” The wave rise even higher. A shout is heard; “Nippon banzai!”.

Howdy /a/, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

senpai (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Looool this is what I was trying to avoid. I just want to wear comfy clothes without looking like I'm completely detached from reality.
Very true.

Probably not a kimono. But Hanten jackets are pretty dope.

>sousouus.com

If you'd call this a kimono

youtu.be/DLU1zwgcmho

Yeah hanten jackes and haori are best oprion for jpn inspired fit withou looking tacky, but I needs certain attitude and overall aesthetics to pull it off

*option

Jealousy runs rampant u saved his pic lol

Anyone know if they sell Hanten jackets in the "Japanese Village Plaza" in LA?
I'm going this December and hoping to get one

Well yeah, these are japanese girls. You could wear anything and if your not grossly obese be all good with the women if your white. What I want, is the respect of the old japs.

yeah, I wish blacks would go back to wearing loincloths and dirt. they wore it so much better

will cop in black

W2c a hanten?

I c u steven

Apparently David Bowie used to wear a bitching red kimono, as described by a former groupie recounting how she lost her virginity in a threesome with Bowie after being talked into bathing him.
So yes, yes I would

Only if I was Toshiro Mifune, The most Veeky Forums Japanese man of all time.

I don't blame you, they're kinda cool. I wore a similar one (in pink of all colors) for my mammogram (millennial here)

id on sweater

I found it friendo.

alohafromdeer.com/men/clothing/sweatshirts.html