Is zef a thing?

Are these 2 the only people that even dress and act "zef"? What the fuck even is zef?

youll have to go to seth efrica
and iirc its short from some afrikaans word
like saying soho instead of south of houston

It's short for Ford zephyr

It's the name they call the lifestyle they try to emulate

They're just glamorizing being south african white trash

Probably, white trash exists everywhere, this is just the south efrican variant

African culture is fucking retarded.

ugly boy is my favorite die antwoord song

>this is just the south efrican variant
it's two rich people who were never white trash pretending to be disgusting

utter trash, like everything from south africa

would bone yolanda though

enter the ninja is easily best

thanks to aphex twin

how does he stay so crazy lean? that shit is a goal

vegetarian

Zef is something they made up. It's their image that they adopted as a gimmick when rapping as maxnormaltv wasn't enough.

who here /watkinjonesagod/

>/watkinjonesagod/
hello meneer trips
what is that pls

pineaple of ironic fashion

Enter the ninja is their worst single by far what are you on

idk what this means but the record is the ziggurat by constructus corporation, watkin's best project imo. less interesting on the whole than die antwoord (like as a whole bizarre piece of performance art) but way more interesting musically/as a single project

Max Normal>>>Die Antwoord desu senpaitachi

Constructus Corporation >> Die Antwoord > Max Normal

>senpaitachi
nice

ah okay, I'll check it out
>hello meneer trips
means hello mister trips

o shit lol i got the meneer = mister from google, was expecting trips to be a foreign word as well

also trips confirmed constructus corporation best hip hop project of the decade

These two felt so jarring in Chappie, I really wanted that movie to be good too.
Then we spend 2 hours on south African druglord shenanigans.

chappie was fucking incredible tho, one of my all time favorite movies desu. the whole film was written around them, blomkamp's been a big fan since day one iirc. the bad guy in elysium was actually written for ninja as well, but he wasn't able to take the role for some reason

i've been following the two of them since before maxnormal.tv so i knew what they were about i guess, i can see how people might not be into it if they don't really get what theyre about. anybody calling them out on bad acting is dead wrong tho, they were fucking fantastic

Was born and raised in Durban North. I've never seen anyone else look like these clowns. Being a weirdo is all the rage these days I think.

>afrikaans
disgusting

imagine if people consider the corrupted english way that african-americans spoke as a separate language

Afrikaans is a corrupt form of Dutch sure, but I don't think calling it Dutch is fair to the Dutch people. Do you really want that fucked up african-american shit to be considered English?

I thought Blomkamp and die Antwoord were estranged after the movie. What happened?

nothing, there were just a couple of baseless shitty clickbait articles about them being assholes on set. p sure ninja called them out at some point, as far as i know all's well between them

I was somewhat familiar with these guys before seeing Chappie, but their aesthetic has never been my taste so that left me a bit sour.