Ive been trying to treat my acne with 2.5 benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid but it hasnt gotten rid of anything...

Ive been trying to treat my acne with 2.5 benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid but it hasnt gotten rid of anything. Should I move up from 2.5 to 5 or 10, or should I try to use a whole different treating method? Anyone have any recommendations for a method that would work better?

Other urls found in this thread:

curology.com/invite/13L64HR)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make an appointment with a dermatologist

If you have serve acne see a dermatologist. If you have mild acne but can get it to clear up. See a dermatologist.

These.

Dermatologist gave me drugs and it was all good senpai

See sticky (which tells you to go to the dermatologist).

My dermo gave me some sort of sulfur face wash and sulfur based pills and now I don't get cystic acne anymore, only tiny whiteheads occasionally.

shits dope would recommend if you're not down for accutane.

serious question user, does that sulfur face wash smell bad?

ive gone from bad acne to nearly clear with a little scars. A couple of tips regardless of how obvious they are
-drink lots of water, shoot for clear urine most of the day
-this is a hard one maybe, but have a good diet. low low low sugar, veggies whole grains etc
-perfect consitency with your skin routine
-clean pillow sheets every night
-pills from the derm can help alooot

What this guy said. Consistency is really important with your face wash routine too. If I miss it even for a day my face gets really messed up.

OP, here's some questions.
How old are you ?

How tall/heavy ?

How many liters of water do you drink per day?

Do you do sports on a recurrent basis?

Do eat, and if you do say how many times per week, dairy products and red meat?

Do you have a daily routine, including waking up at a certain hour, and going to bed to a certain hour that almost never change?

How many hours do you stay in sitting position?

How many hours do you stay in front of the computer?

How many vegetables and fruit do you consume per day?

What would you consider a well-balanced meal?

Do you eat candy/sugary food, if so, how often?

How many hours of sleep do you get?

How often do you wash your linens, clothes and pillowcase/sheets?

How often do you shower?

Do you sweat a lot?

Have you seen a dermatologist?

Do you treat your acne 2 times a day, everyday? (following a schedule, for exemple)

How often do you masturbate?

>>If you can answer all those questions, I can point to you things to change/do in order to fix a good part of what your acne is about.

not OP but I would like to know about tall these things in relation to skincare if you would be willing to share

seriously go to a dermatologist
changed my life forever no joke

Alright, lemme show you
>>How old are you ?
Youth/Puberty cause hormone disbalance that can cause acne. Types of acne come from different kind of problems.
>>How tall/heavy ?
Being very thin can cause outbreaks due to hormonal disbalance again, just like being very fat. This is due to metabolism
>>How many liters of water do you drink per day?
Your body is made of water. Your blood is basically water. So is your skin. Keep yourself hydrated (lots of water) to keep your body watered. (not too much, but just enough)
>>Do you do sports on a recurrent basis?
Sports regulate hormones, and makes use of your energy. Strangely enough, not using your energy when you have it makes you feel off.
>>Do eat, and if you do say how many times per week, dairy products and red meat?
Dairty products are full of hormones and sometimes has traces of pus. Dairy is also extremely allergenic and your body itself has a tough time digesting red meat and dairy.
>>Do you have a daily routine, including waking up at a certain hour, and going to bed to a certain hour that almost never change?
Hormones regulation with circadian cycle. Enough sleep means your body is stable.
>>How many hours do you stay in sitting position?
Sitting too much makes the blood stays in extremities, and also can cause dehydratation (lack of hydratation).
>>How many hours do you stay in front of the computer?
see last + more addictive
>>How many vegetables and fruit do you consume per day?
Vegetable are packed with nutrients, water, minerals. You needn't to be unbalanced with them. Eating healthly is, just like training, essential.
>>What would you consider a well-balanced meal?
Eating just enough, not too much, and lot of variety, spices, not too much sodium and plenty of water, no alcohol if possible.
>>Do you eat candy/sugary food, if so, how often?
Never do : polyfat and sugars are mostly bad for you, and the ingredients can and will have some effect on your body.

con't

>>con't
>>How many hours of sleep do you get?
Enough sleep means your body can rest. munching before sleep isn't a good idea.
>>How often do you wash your linens, clothes and pillowcase/sheets?
Super important. Your body sweats, oils itself, and that oil become sebum on your skin. Washing your sheets and keeping a clean bedroom (and house overall) will add to your health.
>>How often do you shower?
Showering too often secrate more sebum due to your body trying to compensate. Showering not enough can make your skin be too dry, thus being very irritable.
>>Do you sweat a lot?
self-explanatory
>>Have you seen a dermatologist?
Should do when acne doesn't fix itself with time and good habits.
>>Do you treat your acne 2 times a day, everyday? (following a schedule, for exemple)
washing face, apply cream, have some sun / chlorine pool water also help.
>>How often do you masturbate?
Hormones. Also, masturbating too much isn't exactly good on health : it's good when dosed.

Lastly, smoking pot and cigarettes cause acne and, for pot, gyno. nobody wants to have ugly tits!

There's much more to the list, but it's something to keep in mind.
The most important thing is to be consistent in your routines, as it makes your hormones level become stable. Sleeping enough and having enough vitamins (D for instance from the sun!) and having good food + good life balance will keep you away from most problems ; not only acne, which is often a side effect from bigger problems, but also to keep a great physical form and love yourself more.

Speaking of acne, anyone got anything that helps with body acne. Mine's not as bad as it used to be when I was a teenager, but I still get some pretty nasty zits on my sides from time to time.

wew

what am I reading

My brother and an ex of mine had pretty bad acne and cut out dairy from their diets. Helped immensely.
I break out a bit when I eat too much gluten or dairy, so I generally avoid those.
Have you tried isolating a food sensitivity?
Do them individually so you know which is the culprit. Maybe try no dairy for a few weeks and see if that helps at all. Way better to adjust diet and remove the cause than to continually battle it with chemicals.

Don't listen to the tinfoil hat confederation here.
Gluten doesn't cause acne. Dairy does. Cut every single think that contains dairy (even in the ingredients) and get cooking real homemade meals with local ingredients. Drink water and do some sport. If you're not under 20, this should fix most of it.

Also : genetics and consumed goods.

Oh god, anecdotes the thread

Going on Accutane will 100% get rid of all your acne. I was on it for about 6months and my skin has been clear ever since. However, that shit will make your skin and lips dry as fuck

Been dealing with acne for years. It's been getting better. Here's some tips I've picked up on over the years.

Wash your pillowcase every night/ every other night. (I just put t shirts over my pillows, towels will work too)

Get 7-8 hours of sleep

Drink a lot of water

Cut down on dairy and sugar
Zinc pills, you can get like 50 for $10. (Really helped with my chest and body acne, I use a brand called Good N' Natural off Amazon)

Check out Curology, for $20 a month they send you a prescription acne treatment and you get a doctor/RN you can message whenever for advice on your routine, products, etc. First month is free through my link (curology.com/invite/13L64HR)

Stop touching your face all the time

Wear sunscreen every time you go out, will help tons with fading all those acne scars.