I have a question for you guys. I'm turning 32 in October and sometimes I feel like I'm too old for certain fits...

I have a question for you guys. I'm turning 32 in October and sometimes I feel like I'm too old for certain fits. Do any people here (30+) go through this mentally? What do you do about it?

And, the most important question: If you are 30+, how do you dress casually (not at work)?

I'm 28. I just stop wearing those fits.

How would you describe your style now? I ask because I want to dress a little bit more my age

I'm about to turn 24 in a couple weeks, so I can relate. Some of the super trendy shit I try and stay away from (super tight pants or super loose pants for example). But honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I've always thought it was pretty lame when someone shits on a fit cause the wearer is older. I still haven't heard a decent reason why you shouldn't have fun and wear what you want at any age.

That being said, I came up in punk so I was always around old dudes in tight pants, and everyone dressed a little weird, so maybe I've got a higher tolerance for it.

Get a gym membership. Put on some muscle. Dress like frodo in wilfred.

There you go.

I think it depends on your body type. If you get fatter as you age you should definitely give up on some tighter fits, but i've seen so many people 25 and older that look like they're 19 so i dont think age matters that much

Oh, sorry. Forgot most important question. I dress very basic//mfa//dadcore now. I can't imagine I'll be much help.

I usually wear some form of relatively tight raw denim because I fell for the meme years ago, or Acne if I need black.

For shoes I'll wear some GATs if I need sneakers, but more likely boots like Vibergs or Rider.

Shirts I'll just do some basic and cheap crew neck, henley, or oxford because I tend to ruin them.

Turning 32 on Halloween, OP.

As long as you aren't falling for Veeky Forums memes like slackercore/palewave (aka dressing like an extra from Friends, Saved By The Bell, or Seinfeld) and don't do the god awful "skinny jeans, ric owens sneakers, oversized drapey tee with a black and white photo of a 60s playboy bunny screenprinted on it" memes you're golden. Ignore the frantic trend hopping microcores and shit fa circle jerks, keep it clean, simple, and very expensive and you'll be fine. but don't forget to also be extremely attractive and have a body like Brad Pitt in Snatch

Get Veeky Forums and wear smart-casual and sportswear.

Do NOT dress like an emo, space-ninja, Asian, or anything else that these idiots suggest.

t. 32 in November

Youre 24 and youre self concious about pants being too tight?

Yeah, sorta buddy. I kinda feel like that's a teens/early 20s thing. I stick to mostly skinny/slim right now. Maybe that's me being a little self conscious.

What? I've never used reddit. Not sure what you're implying or why.

As you age you have 2 choices for casual wear: normcore/dadcore or business casual

Because you've grown up and realise how dorky memewear is.

34 here. Dunno if I'd have worn Rick even back when I was 18
These days I mostly do statement pieces from acronym, CDGH+, yohji, Ackerman, lanvin, lemaire or Craig green mixed up with basics from uniqlo and Zara
There are some good styles out there without going dadcore, which I also do sometime but (a) I don't bother post about it here and (b) it's never pure dadcore. I'll always throw something in there to cool it up a bit

Yea I feel this way, especially with sneakers unless they are like Diors or KVA. Anything branded is no good imo.

i think those goth artisinal and some techwear looks pretty good on older guys. ive seen some fits on SZ that were good.

If you dont look old, do what you want.

get out of Veeky Forums

you're older than 99% of people here

I loved old all saints campaigns then they used older models, dudes like Andre Van Noord. It worked well with overall worn, distressed finishing.

This is impossible to properly research

>yfw Bret screwed Bret

it's a really strange assumption that a high enough percentage of 473 people would fill out an entire questionnaire incorrectly enough to seriously impact the accuracy of the entire survey.

no better way to do it on an anonymous imageboard, really.

>mostly 17 and 18 year olds

explains why this place is objectively unfashionable and has irrefutably peasant normie laggard conformist trend riding poser tastes