Do they actually sell nato watches or do you take a regular watch and just pull the band off of it?

Do they actually sell nato watches or do you take a regular watch and just pull the band off of it?

IDK why anyone would wear a band that isn't leather but the Nato ones look cool. Like I'd totally do this if I had a watch with a metal or synthetic band because those are ugly as fuck

desu nato straps start pissing me off after a while.
best watch strap material is hands-down silicone because it's durable and you can put it in water without any problem.

metal bracelets are fine but with leather it's like, they look good but they aren't as durable as nato, metal or silicone and you can't get them wet.

other question you asked: I just bought a nato strap for a watch that I own at one point. stock ones that come with watches are hit or miss usually.

Very few off the shelf watches come in nato straps but quite a few micromanifacturers are starting to use it as a default strap for divers or military watches etc.

Leather looks too dressy sometimes, it's also high maintenance (you need to change it every few years at best), it's less secure and non vegan if you care for that.

>non vegan if you care for that.
Fuck that shit. I want them to kill extra animals to make my watch. I want them to kill 5 times as many as are necessary

Silicone is bulky and looks autistic. Fashion is not function over form

>Do they actually sell nato watches or do you take a regular watch and just pull the band off of it?

Yes, they sell nato straps separately. You can get em on Amazon for like $15

The initial strap is held in w/ a springbar usually. You can use a special tool or some narrow object that can depress/remove the bar. It's pretty easy

>IDK why anyone would wear a band that isn't leather
leather straps don't go well with sporty watches like divers, and also depending on the watch, can look too dressy for casual wear

careful, don't cut yourself with that edge maddox

not being #team dick

>Silicone is bulky and looks autistic

not necessarily. it comes in any form. some silicone straps imitate the look of leatherstraps completely. even with stitching.

imitations of leather never look or feel as good as the real thing

sure, it doesn't look all like leather but I'm just saying that silicone straps can imitate any texture and still look somewhat good. here's what I mean in terms of looking like a leather strap. it's all silicone, except for the stitches.

plus, I like normal silicone straps too because they are easy-going and there are all sorts of colors. it's inoffensive and cute and all that.

Those look like shit. If I was going nonleather I'd just go Nato or Zulu

You can get lorica straps that have the same texture and look. They might break in a different way or faster than leather, but they're way more water resistant. The only look you can't really get is the nato leather strap look.

Nato doesn't look good on everything and I want a non-leather strap so I'm getting one myself.

But no one has answered OP's question.

I, for one, would be interested in maybe buying one of those watches with the unsigned cases in OP's pic.

Anyone happen to know of any good quality quartz ones?

>Those look like shit. If I was going nonleather I'd just go Nato or Zulu

your mom looks like shit. just like the inside of your soul which you lack. I mean, ask yourself, who are you even kidding? there is having a fucking pessimistic outlook on things (which is stupid) and then there is being a complete faggot retard who has no clue about anything on top of that.

those straps don't look bad at all and that's the bottom line here.

If your mom had an abortion and they turned your ugly aborted face into watch straps they would still look better than those ugly things and you are fucking hideous

that's cute !!

on the other hand, I fucking hate Nato

you're just mad cause someone finally called you out on your dumb fedora bullshit.

this person gets it. not a big nato fan either.

>you're just mad cause someone finally called you out on your dumb fedora bullshit.

>muh silicon looks just like leather
>muh silicon doesn't look bad

I'm sure it will go great with your digital watch and white new balance shoes

I want your mother to die from a strange disease.

Help your vegan Veeky Forums user chose a non leather sneaker (like the stans primeknit)

I want your mom to get diabetes so that she has to get insulin which is an animal product.

I have a new product for you. We don't use any animal glues or fats in our sneakers. We do waterboard a cow though. It isn't really necessary to the construction of the shoe but we do it anyway

Is "Nato" in this context just a fancy way of saying "webbing" or a specific brand?

It is a specific style of band that the brits invented to be cheap and to have an extra attachment point so that the watch would be retained if one of the pins failed