Who makes the best basic tees...

who makes the best basic tees? I bought a bunch of American Apparel shirts and the cotton quality is hot fucking garbage. What are some better brands? any brands that use cotton/poly blend?

Marc Anthony.

really like the supima tees from uniqlo, although there have been many complaints about their quality recently.

For really cheap shirts i like Gildan Ultra Cotton tees. Otherwise Everlane makes really nice basic tees and so does Uniqlo. Check out Comfort Colors for some nice shit that isnt just black and white.

Forgot to add, you can pick up packs of Calvin Klein tees at just about any nordstrom rack for like $15-$20. They're pretty soft but not too thick.

How's the fit?
I'm lanky and have a hard time finding tees that don't look boxy.

Uniqlo and Everlanes fit pretty slim. But honestly if a tee looks too boxy on me sometimes i just cuff the sleeves.

J crew makes awesome ones in both slim and regular fit. I'm skinny as hell and the small regular fit ones fit me nicely since I like my tees a bit bigger lately. They're also currently on sale on the factory website too, which is always nice.

This too. Also check out Carhartt WIP blank tees. They're overpriced but I think the quality is worth it. plus it has the little carhartt tag on the bottom hem

I just bought two classic crews from
John Elliott and I love them. First basics I've found that fit me properly. If you have somewhat of an athletic figure, particularly in the chest and shoulders, I'd check it out.

I bought mine new but there's always someone selling pieces for cheap on Grailed.

H&M make good tees

Cotton on is a store near me check out their website. I love their plain tees. I lift and have very broad shoulders and it's hard to find a shirt that has good sleeve length when you have such broad shoulders.

Absolutely not. Unless you want your nipples protruding through a tissue paper thin $5 tee h and m is not for you

I love JE but it's for skinny people. I'm pretty built and I have to size up 1 or 2 in JE basics.

The price and quality are top tier

Mossimo brand at Target.

costco. dead serious. their kirkland brand white and black tees are made of really nice cotton and have a perfect thickness to them, they aren't like those shitty see through white tees you see everywhere, but they are still breathable. they also fit slim and are longer

hanes > mossimo

Who makes the thickest shirts for cheap I honestly dont care how they fit although i like boxy fits
Have problem where nipples can always be seen through white tees due to the thinness

hanes

ll bean

boxy tees are made for cuffed sleeves otherwise you look like youre trying to fly away with your lanky ass to peter pans fun house

velva sheen

Costco brand white tees are great

Sunspel and James Perse are easily my favorites
they'll cost you though

Bonds mate

Gonna get shit for this I'm sure but Topman for fit. I'm a ridiculously skelly guy so I wear XS and they're the only tees that look like they're form fitting on me.

Speaking of that though, do any of the brands mentioned positively above have good XS and slim fit options?

Lidl

Hanes beefy T