Fire is not a human invention.

math

That's a discovery not invention
I'd say tools

>Writing
Maybe for historyfags.

>Wheel shitters
Eurasian nomads.

computer. i can't think of another invention that has/will so fundamentally transform(ed) human life (except maybe irrigation for enabling agriculturalist lifestyle?)

>humans invented fire

Firemaking is more a discovery.

That was given by based Prometheus though.

dildos

probably language somehow my family member

Nah the wheel was pretty useless. It's said that the Aztec civilization invented the wheel, but never used it for anything constructive. It was basically treated as a toy.

Agriculture.

this
answer is pottery btw

>Anything constructive
Because they didn't have horses.

Javascript

the stirrup

Its said that this poster engages in homosexual conduct with his peers.

>

use to tease my Mexican buddy about the wheel and he told me this

makes sense

Writing or at least record keeping is a MUST for empire or civs

Fire, spear, bow, animal domestication, farming, the city (early science and philosophy), metalworking, the scientific method, industrialization, modern science.

Pretty much every significant invention that was dependent on each other and lead to where we are now.

the Bayonet

This is the only real answer. Civilization can thrive without metalworking, wheels or writing. The Inca had an incredibly efficient and effective state verging on totalitarianism, and they didn't even have cities in the strict sense of the world.

Without agriculture though, the best we could hope for would be a few minor chiefdom like the Haida limited to only a handful of environments while the vast majority of mankind would remain in tiny bands.

Concrete.

So advanced that puts modern concrete to shame, and dumb people still can't accept that they invented it, so it has to be aliens.

This isn't 100% true.

Pozzolan concrete is more durable, but it doesn't have the same physical strength.

Agriculture isn't an invention it's a process and mutualistic relationship

Definetively. Today it's the most produced material (in tonnage) that we have today.

Religion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_invention

Needle fabrication
this
writing
also this

>math
>invented
Its been there the whole time, we discovered mathematical properties, we did not invent it.

Agricultural techniques.

/thread.

The computer is an ur-technology, a device which can theoretically replicate the function of any other device. The invention of electronic information processing is the most important technical development in history.

Germ theory.

winrar

Math is a method of modelling the properties of the universe, it is not those properties. Like how the word "wood" is not the object wood.

desu you can say that about most things

we didnt invent the way things work when we put them together in your computer, it's physical laws that allow you to browse Veeky Forums (^:

Metalworking

Lying.

This is a chicken-egg question

Agriculture is important, but could it exist without the invention of fences? Could it exist before the invention of tools? Etc.

So my vite goes to the first invention, pointy stick

"tools" is everything from a rock to the large hadron collider

>semantics
you know what he meant
chastise him for being inarticulate, not for being "wrong"

Black powder. At least the best for Western civilization, also brought a lot of misery to it, but made it strive and position itself as the leaders of the world. Sails are a close second.

Math is the philosophy of relationships between values. It exists nowhere except in our heads

>It was basically treated as a toy.
Toys seem to be proto-wheel behavior. I think I remember reading how the proto-indo-europeans also seems to have wheels in their toys before their is any evidence of them using them. Also wheels are useful as shit and a pretty amazing invention as you have to work out things like axles at the same time as you figure out round things are useful for all kinds of load bearing and force transfers so fuck you.

fire is right up there with electricity, water, wood, and stone as the best human inventions

All of which are important

Yeah, but they hardly count a single invention

>being a horsefucker

Gonna throw a wild one out there
Penicillin

;)

Writing, so we could pass ideas on accurately to our descendants long after we're gone.

Mathematics, so we had a way to describe the way things work and to work with those things abstractly.

Agriculture, so we could settle down and specialize in different tasks.

I think those three things are the most important.

Oooo that's good.

>either this or the internet tbqh

I'll give another wild one:

Anesthetics.

How about Farming?

Writing.

For consumers, and average Joe - computers done more harm than good - this is backed up by hundreds of studies.

Language

Anime

fuck off

Monogamy

Agriculture, nothing else is worth shit if you don't have enough food to keep that fat brain of yours studying things.

The combustion engine

Everything we use and care about in modern society has its roots from the combustion engine
If all combustion engines broke at once there would be no food, no mining, no drlling, no transport of goods or people, no flight, the list goes on

Cantered saddle more important desu

There are many that were game changers:
>weaving (fabric is useful as fuck)
>plastics (best modern invention by far together with penicillin)
>controlled fermentation (beer, bread, chocolate, sauerkraut)
>greenhouses (allowed us to have agriculture in winter)
>ovens (baking is based)
>caravel (allowed us to navigate against the wind)
>social contracts (the base of law and society)
>domestication (imagine a world without doggos)

you think fire has been invented by humans ?

whow ....

whow ....

You can replace them with electrical engines nowadays.

Memes.

Maybe not the best invention yet but just wait some years and you will see.

zyklon-b

only answer, tbqh

i think you mean
A E S T H E T I C S

>Agriculture
>Language
>Sharp sticks and stones

Pick one.