Starving Myself

6'2, 260 lbs. Always was a skinny kid, but clearly not anymore (21 years old). Does starving yourself work? I hear so many arguments from both sides, but no solid conclusion. What the fuck do you skinny bastards eat? Just want to be effay, but thats hard to do weighing 260 lbs. Help Veeky Forums. See pic for my current state of mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obesity/in-depth/bmi-calculator/itt-20084938
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's extremely harmful in the long run and doesn't feel pleasant at all. Try to actually put in some effort and lose weight while eating well and with moderation, but also doing cardio to cut bf and lift to put on some muscle.

I am the opposite. I was always a chubby kid. Then in my teens i lost weight because of smoke weed errday grama day. Then i graduated to smack. So from teens to early 20s drugs kept my weight in check. But as soon as i quit street drugs and went on methadone, my weight ballooned. So i've been on methadone since the year 2000... 16 years now. A couple years ago i reached 205 lbs. I never exercised before mind you. Just pure fat.Anyhow

So how i lost weight?

First of all - how do you grow up skinny and then suddenly balloon? Me i was a fat kid to start with. This i never get.

So to lose weight you get into the mindset. It becomes a new normal to count calorie intake. Obsess over food labels. Count those fucking calories. Fat. Sugar. content. It becomes obsessive, like brushing teeth.

But then again - you people were skinny in the beginning. How were you skinny then without putting effort, naturally?

I never was like that in my life.

I don't really know how I was skinny, I gues I was just poor and didn't eat much and played outside all the time. Then my dad got a good job, we got alot of good food, xbox, playstation, pc's, etc. aka access to unlimited food and vidya games made me fat. Poverty kept it in check beforehand.

I was a fat kid growing up in the USSR breh.

This is Italy 1989 but that's how i looked growing up in USSR - chubby, fat ass. And although my dad was dentist and mom economist (aka book keeper) we were poor tbqh.

my last class photo before immigrating from USSR, a few month before the above pic in italy

Hmm, I believe you, however in my case I really believe it was poverty keeping it in check. Too much of a coincidence time-wise the way it happened. It really took off once I graduated highschool. Senior year I was 6'2", 220 lbs, then boom, I gained 40 pounds in like a year and a half. Fucking sucks.

Don't starve yourself.
Eat less, but enough.
No soda and limit sugar, you should be getting that from fruit anyway.
If you need to go somewhere, forget the car and walk, or if it's far away, invest in a bike if you don't have one.

Instill it into your psyche, make it your new normal to COUNT CALORIES.

Later, you might wanna make it more interesting by light exercise, not even any cardio, just very basic dumbells stuff, knee pushups. But that's optional. The most important is count calories. Fucking remember these two words. count. calories. and fat sugar content too

ex-fat here, you're really best off not starving yourself. it makes sense to if you want to lose a lot of weight quick, but you'll lose it in all the wrong areas and end up with stretch marks and sagging skin.

it's easier to build from a higher bodyweight to be honest. start getting in the habit of proper diet and regular daily exercise and don't push it too hard. let it be a gradual process and you'll look a lot better in a shorter amount of time even tho it seems counter intuitive.

putting your body in starvation mode forces it to hold onto calories like it'll never see them again. that's not what you want. personally i did a keto diet to lose weight (very low sugar, zero carb, high protein and fat; keeps your body in fat burning mode 24/7) but there's solid reasons why a diet including carbs could suit you better, depending on how active you can be.

just start getting out there. walk places if it's under a half hour instead of driving. take the stairs. go run/walk trails if streets are too boring for you. jumprope will get your cardio in check well enough to be active without fucking your joints up like most intense cardio exercise will until you drop some weight. google couch to 5k or something. stop drinking soda or really any beverage outside of water/tea/coffee/dry red wine unless you know it isn't full of crap you dont want in your body. if you drink a lot, switch from beer to something else. start cooking as many meals as possible fresh. chicken, eggs, veggies, and avocado are your new best friends.

focus on setting consistent diet and exercise habits that will stick with you beyond just losing the weight. read Veeky Forums for specifics, it's a good resource.

idk i used to be even fatter than you and now i'm more or less a featherweight mma fighter build whenever i cut, and in pretty solid shape at my normal weight. feels good to have defined abs, an adonis belt, and to be able to see my dick again.

and oh yeah, you gonna have to deal with no more snack shit. no more garbage going to your body. no more chips nothing. that's just the way it is.

once you reach your goal weight you might allow yourself at that point to pig out on a bag of chips once every couple months, you gonna feel so disgusted with yourself after that.

just start counting calories and the rest will come naturally

also some other quick tips i wish someone told me
- don't overdo cardio weightloss unless you want to look like you have a meth skeleton face. its not fun having to put weight back on.
- stick to bodyweight exercises and MAYBE light weights (ketelbell ownzone) if you're going for effay and not swole, especially if you're starting off at a high body weight.

Carbs, Protein, and Cardio. If you are a weeb, natto is a great source of protein. Lay off the high fat food.

Begin a calorie deficit, but eat clean. No sugary shit like coke, cookies, or chips. Stay hydrated so you don't kill your metabolism in the process.

Good luck, user.

Is the calorie counting thing actually that serious? Some people swear by it yet others say its not as important as some people make it out to be. This is really good advice you guys are giving me, I appreciate it. Was not expecting this desu lmao.
I have a VERY bad snacking problem, I'll get bored so I will just consume like a packet of poptarts and a small bag of chips and wash it down with a can or two of diet pop. It's fucking shameful.

if you absolutely can't drop the snacking, at least replace it with something actually healthy. "diet" chips, crackers and soda don't count.

personally i snack on a lot of edamame peas, cured/dried meats, veggies+peanutbutter, veggies+hummus etc. honestly tastes way better than the trash i used to eat, and u don't feel like shit even if you eat a zillion calories snacking all day.

i dont like this color right now, but baby carrots are excellent to stuff your face when you feel like munching something binging watching your show

i'm i lost over 100lbs and run a marathon every week now, i never counted a calorie the whole time.

break the snacking habits and work on being more active each day until it feels like nothing. if you need to eat a lot to maintain it, just make sure you're eating good stuff.

it's a mentality more than anything else. I ballpark calories, but I know people who don't count at all and they usually have a gut and a half. most people will say I had 3 meals but don't account for between meal food. I just try to remember everything I've eaten and keep it low. I'm not exactly right and try to overestimate when I'm not sure, but like I said, it's the fact you are counting at all.

For what ever reason, I never really thought of that. I am constantly watching shows because I'm not back to uni quite yet and I find it impossible to watch something without munching on stuff, which always turns out to be chips/poptarts/somethingterrible.jpg/etc.

OP, take this from a previously 168 lb 5'10'' male

When I starved myself prematurely, I would dip into the mid 150's yet within the end of that same week of "starving" (not caloric deficit) I would find it difficult to eat, so my body quickly triggered into harvesting food and binging to store up those fat cells jumping me straight back to 168 if not higher.

Right now I am back to 150 thanks to understanding how basic dieting works. The secret to losing weight intensively is this: remaining in a caloric deficit while progressively dropping the intake. I have also started Intermittent fasting (8 hours sleep no food, 6 hours when I wake up of fasting, then eat 4-8 hour window which is the fastest way to drop weight in my experience.

Keep in mind those 4-8 hours of eating window is after an High-intensity workout as well as a diet mainly highest in protein, while the two other macros must be low-carb (the fastest way to drop weight), and low-fat (typically not as efficient)

Make sure you DO NOT have a diet with high-carb and high-fat or else you will convert your body into a fat-storing fridge

I hope my routine helps you on your journey to lose weight

I almost look normal when wearing certain clothes because I don't look nearly as fat as the guy in the pic I posted. How much do you think I need to lose so I don't look like a fucking doofus wearing at least slightly effay clothes, because that would be a confidence booster for sure.

If your BMI is higher than normal, you are pretty much fat and fat is very rarely photogenic.
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obesity/in-depth/bmi-calculator/itt-20084938

Trust me I'm not under any illusions like some people. Was just curious at what point do I stop becoming repulsive.