Is there a single logical reason to not kill yourself?

Is there a single logical reason to not kill yourself?

As far as I can tell the most compelling argument is it would make your loved ones upset. Which would be solved if they also killed themselves and so forth until the entire human race is extinct.

Why would I need a logical reason to keep on living?

>Is there a single logical reason to not kill yourself?
You want the edgy answer or do you want a good answer?

Any answer will do.

Because living fucking sucks, it's a permanent task to alleviate the natural misery of life that would be entirely removed if you were dead. Or better yet had never been born to begin with.

>No arguments.

Welp, so much for that.

Hello darkness my old friend . . .

>Because living fucking sucks

That's your opinion

I suppose that is true. It is possible to enjoy life if you learn to enjoy suffering.

But why would you want to?

Yes. It would be unpleasant and living on another day is easier.

>Because living fucking sucks
if that's how you see things then go ahead and kill yourself. me personally, I enjoy life overall

Because user, it is a goooood pain.

But it's not just another day, it's the rest of your life.

If you live in a country like America where guns are easily accessible whilst it would be very scary at first, it would be minor in comparison to the continuing struggle that's going to remain for life.

That's a good position to take.

LIFE FOR THE LIFE GOD
BABIES FOR THE BABY THRONE

>parents spent $$$, sweat and tears to raise you
>kill yourself without giving back to your parents or society

Don't be a faggot, OP.

>Parents made you exist.
>You're expected to be greatful that they burdened you with such a curse.

Having children is the height of selfishness.

Time is an illusion, and thus death is as well. Killing yourself will not erase you from existence, it will only put an end to your story. It's like writing a shitty book and then stopping; once you stop writing, the book ends but it doesn't just go away. Every moment in your life will continue to exist. The shitty story still remains. If your life is shit and you die, your shitty life will remain forever in a shitty purgatory. Continuing to live will at least mean it is physically possible for things to improve, even if that's unlikely. Killing yourself will not erase your problems, but it will erase any slight opportunity you might have to overcome them. You will not get rest or peace or even 'nothingness' (not that such a thing even exists). You won't get anything, because you will only exist in the past. You will exist though. The past, present and future are all equally real, and by killing yourself you ensure that all of your misery is the only reality there is for you.

I'm basing this off of the B-Theory of time, which theoretical physics seems to support. I hope I'm wrong because the implications of this are horrifying for the billions of people throughout history who lived only awful lives.

Well, in my case, I procrastinated my suicide for years until I had to admit that I was too much of a coward to even escape.
Living day to day, without thinking too much, with emotions blunted by depression and habitual suffering, is definitely easier than killing myself.
I don't suppose that using a gun makes it much easier than a knife or a bottle of helium.

Living or dying, misery is a reality we all face. Some of us face it more starkly than others.

A gun at least would be fast, if you had a great big just do it moment it would be over and your brain would be destroyed.

Things like knives and helium leave you with a lot of time to change your mind and fuck things up even worse.

Im sorry you feel this way user. Much of life is suffering, but experience of suffering relates to attachments and avoidance to what is.

From first hand experience there is much more to reality than what you see here on earth. I've directly experienced divine love and its greater than anything you can ever imagine. Its like being loved by a parent but exponentially more potent, and pure, to the point of not being capable of taking it all in.

Stay tuned next week for adventures of the possessed nanny.

Every reason to kill oneself or to not kill oneself is entirely based upon emotion and not logic. The lack of a logical reason to kill oneself is the reason to not.

Don't worry you are wrong, that's retarded.

That's a really dumb argument.

>Don't want to live anymore.
>Just live some more dude lmao don't you like banging super hot chicks?
No I don't. This kind of retarded "dude so awesome" rhetoric doesn't appeal to me.

For you I don't know, but I like being alive

>Having children is the height of selfishness.
This is true. People make babies in some pathetic attempt to continue their genes and thus escape mortality.

Really? Having childen seems foolish from selfish perspective if anything.

>want to kill self
>instead go out and have fun, bro
What the fuck is this shit?

Back in the old days it was more of a means of survival. Make a lot of babies so they take care of you when youre old.
>Being selfish is bad
Get out slavemoralists.

is there a single logical reason to post this thread?

>It is possible to enjoy life if you learn to enjoy suffering.

This is cringey teenager crap. Don't mistake hormones for some kind of insight about life.

fuck you satan

That's like asking what the meaning of life is. And we all know there is no such thing, OP. There's no reason not to kill yourself but it hurts and you'll miss out on fun things like fucking and eating good things. Why would you?

>>Being selfish is bad
>Get out slavemoralists.
The whole argument was that those parents demand gratitude from their children, which means that if the children kill themselves they're the ones being selfish, thus they're the mastermoralists. Checkmate, faggot.

>suicidal people have the motivation to be absolute madmen

Satanic quints btfos edgy teen, news at 11.

I hope you find Jesus in your bed, user.

grow up

if you want logical reasons to not kill yourself, you can really only come up with your own personal reasons, there's no one objective reason why everyone wants to live.

do you want to accomplish personal goals? do you want to find love and get married? do you want to contribute to something larger than yourself or provide a service to your fellow man? everyone lives for different reasons.

as for a more explanatory one. your body is pretty naturally geared towards self-preservation. your natural instincts instruct you to not put yourself in danger of getting hurt or dying. To make it simple, you don't just sit there and keep your hand on a hot stove, your reflexes will pull it away because it hurts. Same applies for more mortal dangers, it takes a L O T for a person to actually kill themselves through violent means, hence why people who truly commit resort to more passive things like pills.

but to sound cliché, life is what you make of it. You choose what you want to live for and that ambition to be a doctor or a teacher or a business tycoon keeps people going, as well as their social connections to family, friends, and spouses/children. that's generally enough to keep the grand majority of people going.

Shitpost of the century.