Are there any brands similar to Muji in both design , lack of branding, and simplicity mixed with minimalism...

Are there any brands similar to Muji in both design , lack of branding, and simplicity mixed with minimalism? I'm looking to declutter my life to focus on things I care about more than just superficial things but I don't want to shop exclusively at one store because it just gives me a weird feeling that I don't like.

I very much like this type of aesthetic and think it would help me to relax.

Uniqlo

I'm thinking of going to Muji here in toronto soon. Do they have good jeans and basics?

I'm a big fan of their shirts. The jeans aren't great but pretty much everything else in the store is good tier. Like I would own all my home goods and office stuff from there.

I heard they have weird cuts on some items
The only muji item I have is a folded hairbrush. I've had it several years now, use it every day and it still looks like new. And it feels so substantial for plastic, amazing construction.

Not any weirder than Uniqlo

scarboroughfag here

not so sure about jeans. I bought a colourblock t shirt that felt very nice and didn't shrink in the wash, but it was incredibly boxy for my frame, even when I downsized to a small (according to their sizing guide I should be a medium).

I can personally vouch for the quality of the cotton canvas sneakers-they're better constructed than my brother's cotton canvas sneakers (I believe they were Polo Ralph Laurens he bought at SVP which were really worth $35 in the first place) and some old vans and converse my mom wears, and are water resistant so they're very easy to clean and maintain. The sole is thick enough so that I can use it to train for table tennis, which requires a lot of footwork and thus a durable shoe. It was a good purchase at $45 full price and I believe they were on sale a few weeks ago. The yellow variety was $30 when I last checked but I think that may have been a clearance price because they don't seem to sell as well as the whites.

I might cop some boxer-briefs soon.

i keep hearing the fit is super boxy

thats too bad i was looking for ocbds especially because nothing in this fucking country fits me

You could always pay someone give bucks to take them in

So anything besides Mini and Uniqlo that do minimalism and no brands?

That's pretty much the brand philosophy of APC. Never any branding (unless its collab stuff)

Norse Projects has very little branding as well

The store Sunspel comes to mind when I think minimalist

What MUJI sizing, if i wear M in Uniqlo what size should i take ?

Probably M

same user from scarberia, don't wanna shill too much for muji but if fountain pens are your thing they have a very good one for $15

alterations are cheap at scarberian dry cleaners owned and operated by Asians-slimming, tapering and sleeves for a Frank and Oak shirt came to less than $20

that being said I understand your pain. I'm an asian with a lower than average BMI and even Asian large sizing is a bit boxy on fits. I've never had problem with pants though but I don't get mine from MUJI.

asian large translates to western small, btw

>Tfw slim fits still look boxy on me

Also, just looked at the site and they seem to be having a pretty ballin clearance. Ocbds for like $20

Why do Canadians have to shit up this board?

muji doesn't have a canadian site though so the prices might not match in store. I once saw a boat neck sweater on clearance for $7 only to find out it was still full price at $25 in the yonge and dundas store-you're better off calling the store for pricing accuracy

stay jealous. It's not my fault the best store in your contemptible flyover state is a gap outlet

I'll check those out. Anything else for simplicity?

w2c everything here?

Supreme Cable Knit Sweater
Levis 510
Common Projects Achilles Low

Levis 511***

yeah i was curious about this brand after seeing it downtown toronto

is it cheap or something?

I only bumped into the store yesterday in London and I was expecting it to be expensive after seeing the decor of the shop. Turns out button down shirts started at around £20-£25, didn't look around enough to check the prices of denim and knitwear

The clothing section as quite small as it had a much larger home and interior design area (shit like, pillows, blankets, humidifiers, cosy stuff).

I'll be going in tomorrow to check it out and hopefully pick up some stuff

What are you talking about? We've had Muji in my city for like 10 years now. There is nothing "best" about it, it's basically Ikea but for clothes.

acne and our legacy are very similar to apc and norse projects

The jeans aren't great. Everything else is top notch.

I can see that but everything in there decor wise is way better quality than Ikea for pretty much the same price.

I was responding to "why do Canadians shit up this board" which is something someone resentful from a flyover state would vent. Nevertheless, "Ikea but for clothes" is kinda what we're going for here since the OP requested "lack of branding, and simplicity mixed with minimalism"

I suppose Everlane might be higher quality than Muji and everything from Everlane is unbranded and minimalistic but I haven't copped anything from there yet, though I am planning to cop a cashmere sweater and peacoat. I'll see how the sweater compares to the blended sweaters I have from Esprit and Club Monaco.