Philosophy -behind- Aesthetics

How do you dress whats your style?

Why do you dress this way?

What is the philosophy behind your style?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11481821#p11481928
warosu.org/fa/thread/S7751716#p7752013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do you dress whats your style?
cuckcore

>Why do you dress this way?
I like it, blend in with crowds and attract a partner.

>What is the philosophy behind your style?
Less is more.

>How do you dress? Whats your style?

I wear what I like, in the colors I like, in the size I am. I dont like having a preferred style in anything

Because I like to have different styles depending of how I feel that day

Not because its "Trendy" or "Effay" it means it will look good on me

How do you dress whats your style?
neo-coastal. Coastal as in coastal Mississippi. It looks pretty odd honestly, most people think I have a weird since of style but I dig it. A lot of Nautica and clothes I pick up while I'm on the coast
Why do you dress this way?
Being from south-central Mississippi I guess everybody around me always dressed pretty gaudy or was redneck. Khakis with boots was a common sight going to high school, as well as camo jackets and chewing tobacco. I wanted to do something different and always digged the coastal lifestyle and how chill it was.
According to one online quiz I took I fall under existentialism, so I guess it stands to reason its the philosophy behind my style.

To give you a feel for how I dress here is a hat I pilfered off my family I like to sport around.

Damn I did not know my phone took pictures that good or detailed XD

>How do you dress whats your style
A lot of cheap thrifted shit that I tailor myself, muted colors, looser fitting stuff but not too loose. Pretty comfy

I'm a poorfag

I dont want too spend too much money on clothes or try too hard, but I also don't want to dress like a sperg

Protip: have long legs or don't post yourself on fashion website

i dress in basics
jeans, slip on shoes, trousers, t shirts, and hoodies

i grew tired of the "look at me" fashion while at fashion school and just want to be comfy at all times

my philosophy is to not draw attention
not necessarily to be in the background, but to be overlooked and left alone

bump

Hipster/Thrift/DIY/matchy-matchy
Cheap
Sometime in high school I decided that every garment must 'click' with another garment based on their color. It's a basic idea. It's very matchy-matchy, but I like that. With a simple thing I create coherence in an outfit.

thanks for your attempt at making an interesting thread

blue/orange combo is my favorite, I like space-related everything too. Also stuff like glitter, holographic etc. and editorial-inspired make-up. I'm a massive Kansai Yamamoto fan and even though I'm a poorfag I just started budgeting so I can get some pieces, and my future wardrobe will very likely revolve around them. I'm obsessed with colors matching.

I just like it, it's my aesthetic. I like the general "out of this world" look because it is actually so outstanding that it fits in every landscape. My main concern used to be dressing to fit the aesthetic of my surroundings, but switching between countryside and city, historical buildings and big concrete towers got me searching for something that would work anywhere (for me at last). I don't care about being attractive and other such things.

I kinda reject the modern, austere definition of elegance and class. I was afraid at first because my style looks kind of obnoxious and I have social anxiety and all, but my motivation to pursue my own definition of beauty actually helped me overcome it.

Also I want to remind people we live in a vast universe and even though we take everything for granted, our planet is a quite surreal, extraordinary situation.

Last but not least I wish people would actually appreciate fashion and new styles instead of deconstructing everything they see. It's good to be objective but sometimes you just have to follow your heart senpai

Do you have a picture of an outfit?

Not on me because i'm stuckathome-core rn, but I can take some floorfits if you want

How long have you been thrifting guys? I want to get into it but I don't have any idea what should I be looking for when im in a thrift shop, in typical stores I just look for single piece of clothing that I want.

Any philosophy behind your clothes other than 'I like the way it looks' is cringe/teenager/autism.

not him but Im really curious to see what this looks like (in a good way)

Just do the same thing, look for a single piece of clothing you want, in a thriftshop?

Idk that I have a particular set style. I wear pieces I like, put together with pieces that look good with them, and that fit well. I have a little if everything in my closet, from comfy core to punk, to formal wear, to business pieces, to....like I said, a little of everything. I wear what I enjoy, and /or what's appropriate for the occasion. It's always "me", though. That's the main requirement, "Is this piece ME".

this basically. although a slightly more nuanced response to why you like them is more than acceptable, if you try and reconcile your love for clothing with some external thing that is not clothing then you lack any form of proper appreciation for it. basically if you dress to flex to others, to look good, to get women, or even to make yourself feel better somehow, you dont like clothes as a thing in itself. however, if there is some abstract and almost unexplainable draw clothing has to you that you can never explain to normies who dont like clothes, then thats when you know you actually like clothes as if you strip away nearly everything not related to clothing in this world then you would still appreciate it for no reason other than you like clothing. i believe that this is what separates mfa types and the actual people who appreciates clothing

Pic related.

I used to be stuck up on wearing skate shoes and skate brands in my teen years of skateboarding, so Vans and sneakers are a staple I'm trying to get out of. I'm also an event photographer so I prioritize comfort over looks sometimes.

I often dress according to the place I'm going to be in. Since I'm usually taking pictures I dress according to the venues dress code. If it's a post punk gig - all black; If it's an indie gig - more colors etc.

This is an interesting thread. Thanks for making it.

how did you get into event photography user?

Are you Lithuanian pham?

Have any pics? Sounds interesting

Taip, šeimyna. Taip.

I used to always have a camera on me when I went to shows and always posted the pictures before the assigned photographer. Eventually people started noticing and praising the pictures and it all went in a steady climb from there. I also play in a band and participate in the local music scene so in case the band failed I wanted at least to remain as close to music as possible.

Minimalism or monochrome
Cheap, comfy, easy to decide what I wear each morning, neutral,
call me a walking meme, but I seem to have something along the lines of "Sensory processing sensitivity", I used to get general anxiety with a lot of colors and patterns and more, not panic attacks but id feel tired/skittish/gross/irritated when I was overwhelmed by the environment, and minimalism finally gave me peace, this is applied to my clothes/home/lifestyle

while i know that not everyone feels this way naturally, I do think a lot more people could benefit from minimalism. It would make life easier to so many people, not all of course

miestas???

Wilno

grupes pavadinimas/kur grojat

Parašyk į 10 minute mail [email protected]. Nenoriu čia skelbtis

I'm Latvian, so I can't understand what you are saying all that well.
Maybe I should start posting so this board gradually becomes a Balt friendly zone.

It's alright LATbro user. You can always use google translate and such.

this is a good one

i'd say mine is similar but ive got a few older/thrifted pieces...none that people would really look twice at unless they know their shit though

i like this explanation a lot. my interest in fashion is basically an extension of a broader fascination with design and art in general. it's hard to pin down one fashion "philosophy" when it would be the same one as i have in every other thing i do.

Second hand stuff and milsurp. Natural colors and black. Wool. Some camouflage. Simple straight legged jeans or cargo pants with drawcords at the ankles. Close to no synthetic fabrics. I also cut my own hair.

It's cheap, it fits my taste in music (neofolk, noise, industrial) and my philosophy, it's good for the environment and I am not supporting big companies or rich designers, instead the sassy black dude with his little thrift store and the Varusteleka guys.

Anti-modernism, anti-traditionalism, naturalism.
Discipline and frugality.

i get what you guys are saying but that's just how humans work: we are open systems, psychologically. our aesthetic, our ethics, our character and such are not distinct entities. they merge and feed forward into one another. it's only logical would begin to see connections between them in their own life or even model one after the other consciously. fashion is art, not only designing it, but wearing and combining it, putting it in context, socially and aesthetically. any art [can] be utilized to make a point, and all is in some way an expression of the artist.

i never claimed that an individual's own taste is a totally different entity from themselves but claimed that we should treat it that way. i agree that multiple facets of our being mingle with each other but we ought to treat these things as their own thing as they have been derived from something entirely independent of ourselves. the fact that aesthetic taste is widespread among human beings is enough to believe such a claim. by treating them as objects independent of ourselves, we can achieve a furthered understanding of them as a thing-in-itself and use that to achieve some form of perfection but also view the system in a more holistic fashion

>neofolk, noise, industrial

I dress like techno interests me, not because it actually does, but because I worry I won't make interesting friends if I don't pretend that it does.

these questions arent very related to philosophy about aesthetics

wear whatever the fuck u want navelgazing head ass boy

Mississippi-fag reporting in.

Clay? Casey? DO I KNOW YOU

>Batman still
fighting cringe with cringe there, my man

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11481821#p11481928
warosu.org/fa/thread/S7751716#p7752013

i like to take things that look super goofy and make it cool. i have this idea that you can take an aesthetic or style that's odd or niche and take it far enough to where its legit

i jokingly refer to my style as post internet punk but i really like thrifted or unique pieces that you dont normally see. im also heavily into the music scene be it local or online so i wear a lot of merch from my favorite artists. big fan of grungey shit in general.

i like the image it gives off, i stick out already because of my height so i want to present myself in the way that i like best, cant lie i like being a recognizable figure.

money doesnt matter, fits should display your personality not your bank account. if you can manage to combine both, more power to ya, but i feel like that is rare.

Same as this dude desu

I wear mostly black, some earth tones and shades of grey, white stuff as well. Mostly because it just feels like 'me' as dumb as it sounds. I enjoy colorful fits and individual pieces, really inspired by boro and japanese brands that work heavily in denim especially at the moment but I just feel weird wearing blue jeans as my day to day pants.
I like 'ordinary' clothing with interesting twists to them, jeans that stack like hell, tees that drape, worn out and beaten stuff, repaired and patched up clothes, ripped clothes, new takes on classic stuff etc.
I like to wear my clothes until they literally fall apart when I'm wearing them, I don't like the idea of fast fashion at all. In fact the exact opposite: nomads, hobos and other such people who wear everything they own are probably the people I admire the most and find the most fascinating because of the complete opposite idea they represent.
Lot of layers or oversized stuff, black and clothes I have beaten and worn to hell and back make me feel 'safe' in a way.

How tall are you?

im 6'10"

How do you fare when it comes to shoes and such? Where do you look, and what size are you?

its pretty annoying not gonna lie, im pretty much restricted to basic colorways because ive found most unique shoes stop at 12 or 13. ive had luck squeezing into some 13s but its never been comfortable. boots are good too, considering they run a bit large most of the time. i hate that i cant get some of the shoes i want but hey the benefits that come with the height definitely outweigh the lack of options.

>Minimalism. Adornments that add nothing, add nothing.

>Narrowing silhouette. Should be widest at the shoulders, and always narrow as you approach the feet.

>Color coordinating. All colors should be of a similar tone/shade, but not necessarily of a similar color.

I wear a lot of American flags, nascar logos, vtg graphic tees and brands from the 90s, and religious motifs. I got a Gucci hat I've been wearing every day. I'm inspired by foreign schoolchildren who's parents buy them outfits from Chinatown, bladee, and Sean wotherspoon's vtg collection...

ever since I saw some white kid from reddit horribly attempt to cosplay my cav empt icon pullover fit I wanted to separate myself as much as possible from the Internet hype. I wear shit that I find silly but somehow cool and things that get a reaction out of people. it's a bonus if people can't readily copy my outfit down to the exact item of clothing. a jacket means more to me if I come across it in a thrift store and it happens to fit me perfectly than if I pay $800 for it. that said I still love designer sneakers and flex items though lol

the Internet has turned the clothing you own and the outfits you wear into a one dimensional social status contest instead of a way to enjoy dressing and expressing yourself. I'd rather have fun and wear interesting things just for the novelty of it. it helps me not take myself so seriously

BRUH. Where did you find that Oreo jacket at?

black, street tech goth wear.
i look really good in it, & through my backpack & my edc i am prepared for most situations.
be prepared to handle a riot if it happens, look good, make people want to lock their car doors when they see me.

i feel it

I thrifted it homie

1: comfort and utility, I'll sacrifice nothing for aesthetics, I want to climb run bike and live in a blizzard or a rainstorm like nothing much and I'll exploit the latest greatest or oldest truest technologies to do it.
Aside from that, colour and fit are the only things I put effort into visually.

2: because I'm a caveman who doesn't give a fuck about modern convention, I end up owning 75% black clothes anyways though.

3: why'd we start scraping hides in the first place? stay warm, stay respectable, stay useful.

hope those pants can stretch without chafing mr riot

I like wearing solid, dark bases and wearing one piece that stands out. I have a few light jackets for it, like one with a soft marine pattern. I also like playing with fit, like tighter pants with huge jackets or pants with wide legs combined with form-fitting tank tops. Anything that makes an interesting silhouette.

I guess for the general philosophy... I have pretty minimalist design sensibilities but love novelty, so I appeal to both.

thanks bb :) :)

>hope those pants can stretch without chafing mr riot
they can. that's why i wear them. i've climbed glaciers, rock walls, ladders, trees, etc in them & they have barely restricted my movement. biggest problem is that the pockets are small

aesthetics

>How do you dress
I let the internet tell me
>whats your style?
memes
Low effort high validation
Copy others to flex on everyone else

Shia-core / military-inspired / minimalist
It represents my personality and I like how it looks
Earth tones are life

in that case, mind sharing the brand?

i luv panda

outlier

First of all I'm 25, so I'm in the upper age bracket on this board. And I'm on Veeky Forums since 21, so an oldfag by Veeky Forumss standards too. I have been through many different styles, and have many different clothes. If I had to say what my current (and longest lasting) style is, it would be "Italian low key" - which means new combinations of colors, materials and fabric, but classic cuts. With shoes I only wear sneakers or round boots - never shoes that deform feet. Pic related is a good example, I wore it last winter (sorry for shitty quali). My favorite designer would be Margiela in the 00s, albeit I'm not loyal to brands.

I enjoy wearing it, I enjoy the materials and the colors. It's very subtly pleasant. Also, I dislike visible branding and prints. If you want to look different but you relinquish trend-hopping and niche-styles, you have only a few things to play with, so you have to get creative.

I don't want to get noticed. I live a bit of a "hermit" lifestyle you could say, so I like being with myself. At the same time, I like to wear interesting/good looking outfits - I think it's a civic duty to look good.

a 1960's college professor who suddenly became homeless and disheveled - core

What do you mean when saying "shoes that deform feet"?

Most dress shoes and dress boots tend to deform feet.

I dress in a button down and dress pants every day because I work in a professional office and I have to. It's not that bad. There's plenty of cuties in nice dresses that I get to flirt with in my building.