Start browsing Veeky Forums

>start browsing Veeky Forums
>lurk for a bit before actually copping anything
>establish a solid extra memes only income through selling thrifted shit on grailed
>gradually cop more and more shit, occassionally post on waywt to general acclaim

Now back to me irl

>live in a shit tier eastern european country
>quite a lot of friends, decent social life
>it becomes impossible to not pay attention to what people wear and listen to
>pretty much everybody wears roshes and mall stuff
>nobody wears similar clothes, or at least listens to similar music, watches similar movies etc.
>unconsciously alienate half my friends
>people where i live dont understand my fits, think i'm weird
>try to keep my down to earth attitude but keep becoming less and less social
>no upsides to being Veeky Forums besides getting complimented on the board and feeling good about my clothing.

Also general feels thread I guess.

welcome to the effay lifestyle

Don't worry, you basically described everyone on the board that doesn't live in a major city, which is a decent population of the board. Sometimes it feels weird sticking out but most people honestly don't give a shit how you dress. I live in the south with a bunch of hicks and niggers and they still compliment my shoes and shit.

>i sold my soul to the internet

>browse Veeky Forums for years
>develop my own sense of style and preference, get a good feel for what works and what doesn't
>dress in a way fit for the location that still resonates with me
siqq techwear fits look dumb in the countryside hombre, context is critical

Well I live in a semi small 100k city and dress accordingly (90s inspired fits with some skateshit thrown in, nothing obscure) and people still look at me like I'm some elitist edgelord.

Post fits

On my ipad and out of home rn so i sadly don't have any, will post tomorrow when I'm home if the thread is still alive. pic related is pretty much how I dress, occassionally some dickies and skate brands

Solution: go out into the city more and start to spend more time with adults in their 20's and 30's and not university students.

P.S. the pinnacle of /fa is reached when you are your own best friend and float through life effortlessly attracting others into your orbit without trying to instead of worrying how people perceive you.

I live in an apartment literally on the main square of a 100k city with a 20k students university that is considered to be fairly solid. Still nothing. The only upside is that you can put on nbs, joggers and whatever t shirt you slept in and still be pretty much the best dressed person in the city. I'm not trying to sound elitist or condescening here, it's just the way it is.

>browse Veeky Forums for years
>develop sense of style & preference
>understand what i like & what i don't
>understand what looks good on me & what doesn't
>buy things appropriately with extra cash, paying attention to sales, grailed, sufu, etc
>browse Veeky Forums less & less because i got all i need from it
>can feel a growing distance between me & Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums in general
>feel sad abt maturing past the community that shaped me

feels good to have a good sense of style, but i like you guys

sick as fuck, saved on inspo

Where do you live tho? Im asking out of curiosity because everything you've described so far sounds oddly familiar.

Czech Republic. Where do you live? I guess this applies to most smaller cities in Europe.

Oh my days where to cop jeans that fit like this

Romania and yes, you're prolly right. Unfortunately, I dont have any pieces of advice for you since I'm stuck in the same situation. I'm currently forcing myself to care less and less but it's not really working.

I feel you man. I'll try to move to Prague to college after I finish high school, it's the only remotely effay place around here. Sadly it's difficult to live and work in Western Europe despite the whole freedom of movement and work meme. I guess I probably don't have to explain the stigma of being Eastern European to you.

These both

the fashion industry is a meme for bored people who don't know what the fuck they're looking at but can recognize novelty
Someone on here put it well.

OP here, I acknowledge that this is true. My life felt pretty empty beforehand and this is just my way of filling this void. I'm actually less happy and probably in a worse position than when I first started browsing but at least my life feels different.

>Ugly

:'{

pic would look so much cooler with you out of it imo

Are you unable to read? I said I don't have any fit pics on me because i'm on my tablet, I only posted this dude because it's usually what i'm dressed in.

Do you browse other boards other than fa? I kinda see how Veeky Forums can make your life less enjoyable, it happened to me with mu. However, ive never felt that with fa. Could you please elaborate on it, im genuinely curious

I think it's probably assocciated with what I described in the OP. I meet a bunch of down to earth well dressed people when travelling every now and then, but I don't really have the time to get to meet them, it's always just brief acquitances. If there was a community like this in my city I'd honestly be the happiest person on Earth. I guess the general apathy towards fashion behind H&M in my city (and country as a whole) makes it hard for me to make new friends and get a girlfriend. This might have sounded weird but it's hard not to give importance to other people's clothing, and believe me I wish I didn't give a fuck. Dressing in what in my hometown is a very unconventional manner also makes me look unaproachable, weird and perhaps even hostile to people who are not interested in fashion.

Basically, I'm unhapoy because of my lack of contact with people like me. I cannot really talk about fashion,music,cinematography with anyone irl and it kind of was this way before I started browsig Veeky Forums, but getting into fashion only helped accentuate how little I actually have in common with my friends, who to me are now pretty much just people I hang out with because I don't want to be alone.

you gotta be into some obscure shit then because it's impossible not to have at least a couple of simple things in common with some regular people

I'd just say take a break from the internet or fall out of your social circle for awhile; no harm in it...and maybe you won't get bothered by that kind of shit anymore
I've been off social media for almost 5 years now and won't go back. I don't even wanna know what my old friends have become lol

>mfw someone told me I look like an exhausted wreck
>mfw that's exactly the aesthetic I'm going for
feels good mang

Şi eu credeam ca e in ro
În ce oraș ești?

this place should have a sticky disclaimer:
>Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.
not sure there is any guarantee that having good taste in fashion will make you happier

nu sunt op, dar eu stau in romania si ma imbrac in full rick si bbs
in ce orase sunteti?

Pai op a zis a e din cehia, boule. Stau in piatra neamt ca am 18 si inca is la liceu. Vin innbucale la faculta

you actually listen?
to people?
on a serbian worker's union halva enthusiast image board?
on Veeky Forums.org?
on Veeky Forums?

you fell for the meme kid

Are you me

ce sa cauti tu in bucale fmm de sarac

Typuju si te na Cecha

Vin sa-ti fut prietena, prietene

>conforming and making your social circle online autists with overpriced clothing

what did you expect

super matur
unde lucrezi de îți permiți Rick?

Do they not like what you dress or not appreciate it fully (in regards to brands) ?
All my friends have the same style as me so I don't get what you mean

talk shit post fit

>super matur
Omu ma ia la mistouri de 2 lei si tu astepti un raspuns elevat. Cois, iei lucrurile prea in serios. Si evident ca n-are bani de full rick, baituieste ampulea.

crezi ca lucreaza toata lumea lucreaza la supermarket pe 1200 lei ca mata?
taci in plm si imbracate de la h&m ca toti saraci

3/10, nu-ti mai raspund ca o arzi aiurea

>join effay
>browse
>start to feel insecure
>start to feel uglier and uglier
>develop BDD
i miss when i felt handsome

>unconsciously alienate all my friends
happened to me. now I feel like a stranger around my friends. A well dressed stranger, but still a stranger

Haha jak jsi to vedel?

I'm French and live in a medium size city. Basically the only one dressing with Blazer + Long sleeves + Chino + Brow or navy blue classic street shoes. People in my town consider it being dress in a suit (yeah, wearing long sleeves and blazer is considered a suit in this shithole). Still complimented tho.

Went to Paris for a day, encountered 100+ person dressed just like the evryday me.

This

This is A1. Nice jeans. Thrift?

>wear atheltic clothing
>start browsing effay
>still wear atheltic clothing
>but only black and white
>maybe some surplus camo

How the fuck is /mu/ getting a lot of people down? Its just music sharing and discussion, isnt it? I can understand if its a /v/irgin who got too addicted to games, a /pol/lack who got too many bad information about things to come, Veeky Forumsggot who developed insecurity issues and becomes too hard on himself, etc. But a music board??
But then again I only go to /mu/ for sharethreads