So I'm developing a new anti-fashion aesthetic that is much less for the runway and more for day-to-day life...

So I'm developing a new anti-fashion aesthetic that is much less for the runway and more for day-to-day life. Basically it involves using pieces in places that are conflicting with the statement of the pieces in general. This also includes general attitudes to have in such places.

So far I have:
>wearing hard hats and high-visibility jackets in very safe places such as churches, restaurants, and museums
>wearing *very* expensive and clean black genes but purposely smearing a little translucent pre-cum around the zipper area (I'm a little worried this might be more of a rocker look)
>wearing expensive nike anything with the logo crossed out with, replaced with ADIDAS in crayon and vice versa
>wearing raincoats when it isn't raining
>paying designer-tier prices for wal-mart clothing and then thrifting the designer clothing
>forcing yourself to buy clothing you dont want

Feel free to brainstorm with me.

This is the kind of Veeky Forums I miss.

Does wearing rival brands clothing in a fit also apply to this. Think adidas shoes and nike socks or bape with supreme if you're a fashion victim.

dude im trying to start a trend of nudist fashion can we brainstorm together you have some good concepts

Shut up mate

I really like this

>wearing raincoats when it isn't raining

Lol I've actually been doing this lately

kek.
the more you try to escape the fa the more fa you get. reaally makes you think...

Wear unneccessarily chunky and warm clothing and make a cut out for your dick and balls, even ass if you feel like it.

waow so innovative and ground breaking mr. user

whoa.....

half of your ideas are what every major in fashion freshman first think to break the mold an make a statement (and what they fail to think is that their ideas have already been thought, made, re-made, packaged and sold).

>wearing hard hats and high-visibility jackets in very safe places such as churches, restaurants, and museums
>forcing yourself to buy clothing you dont want
these two are genius my man, although maybe you could take the idea of the hardhats & hi vis and tone it down into something a bit more socially acceptable

This can be done also maybe by wearing one real piece with the rest being fake--the real piece being far more expensive than the fake ones if they were genuine.

I think body hair could play a huge role in it. Also wearing things like jackets, boots, and gloves, but nothing for the privates.

Also bonus points for 3+ layers.

I got an idea: Getting a fashion degree and then not using it.

Oh wait...

semi unrelated but does it make any sense to pursue a career in fashion if you suffer from dysgraphia? It doesn't impact my writing, reading or creatinve abilities in any way aside from my handwriting looking weird and the fact that my drawings look like I'm a five year old.

I actually come from an artistic background (dad is a respected logo designer, mom is a journalist) and I'm certainly talented in this field save for my dysgraphia.

TL:DR: Do you need to be able to draw in order to succeed in fashion designing?

Maybe not entirely related but I have been getting into some anti-aesthetic stuff as well.

I have been getting into items that have good design, and at the same time evoke a playful, sometimes childish sensibility to them as well. Then I wear mostly basics with these items to both help it stand out, as well as not over complicate the outfit.

It kinda flows with my ethos. I like to be silly. But I also have a serious side to me that cares about design.

I think fashion, on the normalfag level, has gotten somewhat more serious. Neutral colors, standard silhouettes, standard pieces.

Slim is the norm, mostly because that is what all the malls are selling. Wearing skinny clothing makes you look like a fag, while wearing more looser stuff is perceived as dressing like an old man, not youthful.

Kinda rambled.

>Do you need to be able to draw in order to succeed in fashion designing?

>wearing the ropes leftover from candy necklaces and bracelets
>wearing half winter clothing and half summer
>wearing the yellow, latex kitchen gloves when not in the kitchen
>drawing a watch onto your wrist

Is that yes or no?

I mean, I can always go for an unrelated field and start my own novelty brand on bigcartel or something, you don't need any skills for that other than creating prints for your 10x the price gildan t-shirts that unsuspecting fuccbois will buy.

Well can you draw straight lines with rulers? Like make plans of clothes? If yes, then nothing else matters. Visual sketches aren't necessary, they're just a tool you can discard if you have another way of visualizing shit.

If you want to be a designer, yeah, you need to be able to draw. How the fuck are you going to present your concepts to the team that will execute them? Or not even with a team, just by yourself to have a clear guide. Complicated, user. If you want to make a hypebeast brand like antisocial social club, go ahead, it's not difficult, but if you're the only person in the project you will at least need some concepts for the printers/whatever to make it.

>Visual sketches aren't necessary

Yes obviously. My hands aren't shaky or anything, it's a purely mental dysfunction.

Take up some observational drawing classes

Can't I just design concepts, prints etc. with the use of a computer?

Silly? What do you mean?

My family recently moved and I found an old purple nylon fanny pack. Would that be one of the items that you are describing?

I like what you're saying, but I am curious about what exactly "items that have good design, and at the same time evoke a playful, sometimes childish sensibility to them as well" means.

prints, yes
concepts, you're much better off with hand drawings, which express your style and intent of your design much better than a computer drawing.

consider something like architecture or interior design if all you want to work with is computer aided drawing programs. even there, architects still should be able to render via hand drawings

I think he means more an aesthetically pleasing piece but it is from a more children's based audience(?) Like I thrifted a Curious George sweatshirt, a show very clearly marketed for children, and wear it in normal type fits. For me this sort of shows more of your personality than just a basic type fit.

So basically you're a two dimensional goof who can condense his personality into one artifact of clothing? Gotcha.

I'll look into some drawing classes then,, maybe not all hope is lost.

As for architecture and interior design, I'm not particularly into any of these, but will consider them. I just want to study something where I can make use of my passion for art (no matter how cringey that might sounds) and meet stereotypical Mac DeMarco worshipping art school chicks. Sadly I suffer from perhaps the most ironical disability possible in my case, as my father is a graphic designer (he doesn't draw on his job at all though, too bad i'm not into graphic design) and both of my parents paint in their free time. I thought about music as I write poems (lmao) and play the piano/guitar/organ well, but I live in Eastern Europe so it's a big fat meme (name one good modern day musician from a post-communist country) and there is zero audience for the music I like here. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I am making a image collage but Will post one item right now.

To me these shoes have a somewhat decent design shape wise. Somewhat vintage. The colorway is subtlety colorful. Hints of red blue yellow and green give it a playful vibe.

It is reminiscent of kindergarden/preschool toys in a way. But with a more sophisticated language

Another item.

Basically if I had to dumb down the description it would be items with somewhat bold colors/design.

This is too direct. I would rather the clothing speak through design rather than pictorial icons

Way to derail my fucking thread you bitch fag. Ass monkey looking bitch nigger. Fucking shitbag whore. Fucking derailing fucking idiot fuck. Bitch shitting fuck.

name one good modern day musician from a post-communist country
>Kerli

neo/fa/ in action

Ayy that's my country!

There's no famous Eastern European musicians simply because we need more time after being isolated from all this western culture.

shitty thread anyway op

great ideas!!!!

>wearing the ropes leftover from candy necklaces and bracelets
>wearing half winter clothing and half summer

I like these.

Guys, I've done it.
This will revolutionize everything.
>wearing told on bottom and bottoms on top
>reverse layering
>layering on your legs

look like cheese comin out the side.

Cheeky cheese