Watch general

Any other suggestions for watches?
Huge fan of this one €385, want something around that price range maybe bit less, that is well built, only thing with this is that it's wuite expensive for a a quartz,

Cheers

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/6xspfxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>aks any watch wearing person what time it is
>they will look on their phone

why are watch wearers such faggots?

You could use that style argument for a lot of things, the guy wearing GATs that's not actually in the German army doing indoor training

bwat I am treining in die Turnhalle

Funny I was walking through the park the other day shitposting on my phone and an old guy asked me for the time
I instinctively looked at my watch and gave him the time off that

>watches are purely utilities

Personally, I wouldn't even consider that watch. Even if the external quality is fantastic, it doesn't have the movement to match the quality of the case. I personally would go with a Japanese mechanical at that price range, maybe one of the mid to high-tier Japanese lines from Seiko and Orient, such as the SARB's, Seiko Presage Line, or the Orient Stars.

The Orient Stars have beautiful dials and generally a power reserve indicator, which is nice to have on an automatic. The accuracy is impeccable for a watch in that price range, but so are the lower end Orient models with the 46 series movements, and ime, they all keep time to within 8-10 seconds per day, out of box. But that is just Orient, while I love them, I strongly prefer my Seiko Presage, SARY055 which I recently got, it is a Japanese Domestic model, but they do have similar international models with subtle differences. My SARY has the 4R36A movement, and I don't know how, but it is keeping time within COSC standards, around 2-4 seconds a day average, and has yet to pass 6 seconds, out of box. Not to mention the incredible finishing and sunburst dial, amazing applied markers with great qc, and a mixed brushed/polished case. The blue chapter ring is quite nice, however it is a pretty dark blue. And there is always the famous SARB033/035 with the 6R movement, containing an improved mainspring and barrel over the 4R, but really the same base movement, just with some improved power reserve, and slightly improved accuracy, though I have noticed no difference in accuracy between my 4R36A and the 6R of the SARBs.

Regardless, there are numerous amounts of Presage models, and surely some to your liking. Good luck, and remember in the end to get a watch that YOU like, because you will be wearing it everyday.

I dig this one except for the gimmicky numerals

Not my fault breh, was just making a suggestion

someone talk me out of buying pic related or give me some suggestions of alternatives in this price point (brushed bracelet
>new minimal clasp design
>dome bezel
>no date
>modern size without being muh IWC/panerai/DD2
>can purchase brand new
>blue markers to show some sportiness

only downside I can think of is depreciation if I ever want to sell (which I will likely do so eventually).

>not working in a field where phone is prohibited due to security reasons

nice try Snowden

Don't get that ridiculous colour combination, it looks fucking awful.

Get some nice classic colours that don't shout too much to avoid looking like every arab golfman

Wow cheers man, not a huge Seiko fan but I'll check them others, best answer man seriously thankyou

Definitely np. If you aren't a fan of the Seiko designs, you might as well look at Orient Star EL05003W. Or even the general Orient line, you may find something you like, and save half your money, Orient has some pretty designs and features that you don't really find on other watches of a similar price range. And depending on what you are looking for, you can try Junkers watches, they are German made and some of their mechanical's have some good 9000 series Miyota movements, or the Swiss ETA 2824. Both a pretty good movements, I don't know a lot about Junkers, but I hear they have some good watches. Don't know if any of these brands are what you are looking for, but they are great quality in that price range and definitely worth it (most of the time) Pic is the EL05003W, probably my next order.

Excellent man thank you so much, that one is very nice, I'll check them all out, seriously helped out a lot

Is the zeppelin in pic a Junkers watch, came up on a site when I googled Junkers, I do like this style might check out further

Every thread

What's something decent that has a leather band, Roman numerals and a white/off white/cream face? Something very traditional

nevermimd, stupid question lol I just checked,
But do you know if zeppelin are any good? Seems like it might be a bit cheap

zeppelin and junkers is made by the same company. I got a zeppelin watch (pic) as a gift, seems to be good quality.

p.s. the leather strap it comes with is surprisingly nice quality for a stock one on a pretty cheap watch

Meant to reply to

>comment about avoiding looking like every arab golfman
>fluted bezel DJ as pic related

wowzers

That's a really nice watch, do you have a photo of it irl?

Personally I haven't owned a Zeppelin watch, but there are a few that have caught my eye. I looked into the same question a while back, and asked a couple of fellow watch enthusiasts on their opinions about them, and it generally comes to the same conclusion, that they are generally a good watch for the price, I haven't heard of many issues people have had with them. Now, when you are looking up the Zeppelins, the lower priced ones are going to be quartz, I think they use Ronda Quartz Movements(Swiss), which aren't that bad, but it all depends on what you want. Zeppelin has some pretty appealing designs, and that's what drew me into looking at them. If you can find a cheap Zeppelin watch with quartz on sale, I think it should be fine. I personally am more of a mechanical person, but depends on what you want in a watch, if you want strict accuracy and/or a cheaper priced watch, or a mechanical watch which embraces more of the horological craftsmanship. Similar to the Junkers, Zeppelin uses modified Miyota 9000 series automatic movements, and maybe some ETA's? But the Miyota 9000's is a pretty well rounded movement, reliable and fairly accurate. So I think they are some pretty decent watches, I haven't heard of anyone who didn't enjoy their Zeppelin. And they are the same company btw, which explains their similar choices in movements and materials.

Thanks again, looking at the one that showed, automatic and all seems very very nice, waiting for an irl photo as can look different

I'm looking for an affordable 100 - 300 USD watch that I can wear with a suit. Help me out Veeky Forums?

I fucking want this, but I can't justify buying what's essentially jewelry for 400 euro when I can get an equally nice looking watch for ~70 and give the money to a poor person.

I only make 1400 net a month so that doesn't help either.

I can take a photo in a few min, but my camera is kinda shit
It does look good IRL, and it's open heart so people won't treat you like an autist when you tell them it's automatic

Think I might get that one tbf, what do you think of the one I put in the original post though? I wish that was automatic

Thanks man, face is bigger than I thought but I like that, it's very nice, edging towards that one

my arms are really scrawny, the watch isn't enormous or anything

Yeah it doesn't make sense for me. I'm going to get something like this for 60 and wait for a pay raise.

Davosa Ternos is better famalam

this one looks like OP's thinking of copping. should i?

Please don't get skeleton dial. They're fedora tier.

c/n?

They left the easy link extension out the the clasp on Oyster Perpetuals, which is so shitty.

I'm looking for an affordable casual watch for a college guy and so far the best I've found is maybe this weekender fairfield in black:

a.co/6xspfxQ

I'm 6' and skinny though, so I'm not sure if this 41mm case might look really weird on me. Any comments? Know a better watch?

I like it's more minimal, dark look. Will likely change the band to a grey one.

Measured my wrists. 6 3/4 inch.

Rate my casio

I dig it.
It's the Aqua Terra of Rolexes.

not trying to poorfag bash here, I respect it, but what the fuck kind of profession do you guys have? I'm not saying you need to buy expensive watches, I'm just curious what kind of careers we're dealing with here.
I'm making $1400/month easily on minimum wage at a supermarket while I go to college

Lawyer, $7000/month

seiko sarb033

1400 euro is what I net. My gross income is 2250$ a month, converted to dollars to give you a better idea.

I'm a software developer in europe working for a silicon valley company where people working from the american offices make probably well over 100k for the same position.

Before anyone asks, Elektronika Kamerton.

is there anything similar to this but with a brown strap

Student, mummy's pocket

Op here, it's a corniche, the other watches on their site are similar but idk they're missing something, but they do have a brown strap

what type of law?

Nothing is wrong with an Open heart watch, it really depends watch to watch, imo I think Hamilton did a fairly good job with the Viewmatic, that's if you like partially skeletal watches. if you like that style, check out the SARW011, it's a domestic Japanese Seiko, and part of the Presage line, it is fantastic quality.

can anyone recommend a 35mm watch under 200€? does not need to be too formal since I plan to wear it most of the time

I don't see nothing but steinharts, seikos, and squales! nothing but DOGSHIT! You vicious nasty mean vinyl CUNTERS have some real DOG TURD collections! FUCK ME DEAD i even saw a casio! Great comment, Archie!

Im looking for a retro geeky watch. Like an old databank or calculator watch bit I can only find the same two when I google for them.