Canada Thread

Looking for discussion with my economically dicked friends.
Discuss the area you live.
Favorite Canadian brands.
Where to find some good deals.
How you're prepping for f/w.
Positives and negatives of the city you're living in.
>Winnipeg
>Good resturaunt both ethnic and traditional
>Great music and Theatre scene
>Interesting architecture downtown
>Very friendly people
>Easy to bus around
>Low cost of living (I have a 2 bedroom apartment in a nice complex 10 minutes from my university for $1050/Mth)
>The Forks
Negatives
>Cold as tits
>Basically no fashion scene
>No designer boutiques
>The North End
>SJW infested UofW
>high tobacco prices

Fellow Winnipeger here. Started getting into fashion last year but I have no idea where to shop. Any recommendations? I pretty much only go to the bay or online.

I'm also from Winnipeg and I have the same question. Where can I get the all-white ultraboosts or NMDs here?

Thunder Bay here, so I probably know shit-all.
Pros:
>downtown is shaping up and looking pretty
>music scene is pretty cool (mostly since I have good friends in bands)
>biking is okay if you're not going too far
>scenery is great nature-wise
Cons:
>same first three as Winnipeg, but probably a little worse ignoring the cold
>Fort William can keep to itself
>isolated
I'm probably forgetting a ton, but I've found myself enjoying the city a bit more this summer. I'm attending Lakehead in September, so I'll see how that is.

Toronto, seriously just move here.

Why would anyone willingly live in Canada?

it sucks here

Hamilton reporting. Not a Macfag.

Pros
>okay thrift stores
>lots of nearby /out/ fun
>barhopping scene can be decent
>low cost of living , but that's rapidly changing

Cons
>pretty much everything else
>unfashionable welfare/disabilityfucks/crack whores everywhere

At least I'll be able to flip my place for double what I paid for it in a few years and get out.

Hey guys, uni students? If so, UofM? That's where I go, I'm a theatre student. I started just going to thrift shops a lot and started my style from there because that's what I was interested in. From there I went to grailed and got pieces that I liked from designers. If you have a bit of cash and just want basics I'd suggest American apparel on osbourne. If you're a hypebeasty streetwear kind of guy there's chook right around there as well and they have Bape and Supreme.

Vancouver. Seriously considering leaving the country.

Just too expensive? I live in Edmonton. I like Van quite a lot. But I'm comfy here despite the upcoming winter.

That's definitely a large part of it, but the fashion scene isn't too big here other than /r/streetwear kids and fobs with tens of thousands to spend and no sense of style

Bump

I live in Calgary.

Less 17
Understudy
Brooklyn Clothing MFG
Nordstrom

Not to mention thrifting here is good.
Can find APCs, YSL vintage, random Made In Canada vintage shit too.

>Low cost of living
>2 bedroom apartment for $1050/Mth

hey guy im from winnipeg too. you in school?

Yeah man UofM Theatre department! You?
Compared to many other places trust me that's cheap

kek i go to mac and it's pretty bad fashion-wise but w.e fashion isn't everything haha am i r-right mmm gats nigga where u at aha

tfw uniqlo opening at yorkdale OCTOBER 18TH BABY

I was living in calgary for the last year and can confirm, thrift ing here is great, but the city is a giant ugly pancake that reeks of 80/90s oil money.
There so decent bar rock and hip hop live venues if you're into that.

Westdale/Campus is still better than the rest of the city.

At best, we've got the 2009 printed "dress" shirt/raws/thin boots or the listens to MacDeMarco once-core.

recent kelvin grad going to uofm in winter prob

Lmao recent Churchill grad here

OP here I see a lot of winnipeg bois so I'm gonna throw my snapchat here, if any of you want hmu!

Toronto

Pros:
>Many shopping centers/outlets
>a somewhat existent fashion scene
>diverse people
>many cultural restaurants and places
>easy travel and accessibility
Cons:
>$$$ of living
>$$$ of smokes
>$$$ of clothes
>Ne dedicated designer outlets
>few great thrift/vintage stores, all are on outskirts/outside the GTA

>Where to find some good deals
Almost entirely thrift and vintage stores as of late. And depop.

>How you're prepping for f/w
Cool jackets and sweaters from the 80s/90s no one seemingly wanted

Fixin' muh post

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It's pretty nice, but lots of ugly people here. Little to no fashion scene

If anyone else from Saskatoon/Regina/P.A has any shop recommendations, then please tell thnx

seconded

eyy mac man

thirded

Man, I live near Toronto, and I have some friends that that go to school at Lakehead. The stories they tell me make it seem like a barren wasteland. Also, lots of aboriginals.

Montreal

Pro
>qt quebecois girls
>cheap rent
>cheap food
>always shit going on

cons
>politics
>douchey americans
>being anglo gets you a bad rap

seriously? no ottawafags here?

Edmonton here

Architecture is hideous and aside from some mac-demarcore plebs no one is remotely interested in fashion

don't come here

moving to toronto for school this year. where are some good places to shop? grill btw

Yorkdale is literally the worst mall

Depends what you're into, but to name a few:
Theres Livestock, Adrift, Capsule for streetwear.
Nomad, Serpentine, Ssense, Contraband for some luxwear.
F as in Frank for vintage clothing.
Most of these stores are in the downtown area so they're not too far from each other!

In Oshawa for school.
As far as I can tell, the north end of town (near the university/college) is pretty cool. Lots of young people looking for fun. Not much in terms of fashion, as far as I've found anyway.
South end of town is where all the white trash live.

The local mall got a facelift and is quite nice now tho which is sweet. No fancy retailers yet tho.

I'd also like to add Public Butter and Honest Ed's. Good vintage/thrifty places

Holts
Vintage shit near Lansdowne and Queen
Gravity Pope
Jonathan & Olivia
Sydney's (I think)

Can't remember much else, not being a grill and all.

thank you! I'm more into vintage wear. this is very helpful.

Cheer up m8, we got Simons ;^)

>Scarborough
pros
good ethnic food but I'm kind of overdosed since I'm chinese
close to real toronto
bluffs are pretty Veeky Forums

cons
where do I start?

Yeah, I mean, it's pretty bad.

I'm glad I don't live there any more. There's only so much population density I can take

I got guest list at Commonwealth for fridays, haha.

But yeah it's a shithole.

Bump

Don't let this thread die canabros

There's going to be one in the eaton centre as well, no need to go to yorkdale

any Kingston blokes?

all we have is princess street ;_;

where the fuck do you find these good thrif shops, every shop ive been to reeks of donated old navy clothing.

besides where the fuck do i move to find an entry level engineering job these days. there was a line up of over 2k yesterday for mini wage airport jobs lol

lmao welcome to the economy senpai

The Value Village in the North East is the best.

I didn't want to tell you the secret but that's what it is. You gotta dig a lot tho.

between the five people form calgary who actually browse Veeky Forums, i can keep you secret user. I dont have friends neither so you dont need to worry about me blowing up your fav lil place. i dont post reviews online either.

I woudl have never expected it to be a value village especially in the NE. how are the prices cause we broke bois here

Toronto present.

I'm purging my shitty old shit recently. My wardrobe is overflowing, but it's damn hard to sort through things. It just feels exhausting.

I'm going to drop all the useless stuff off at Value Village, and maybe pick up some new stuff if I can find good things. I'm a grill, so at least I can pick up some real fur and wool items for cheap there. The one near me has some gems sometimes - found genuine Louboutin shoes there once. Had to give them away to a friend because of size.

follow kickdeals canada on twitter for all info on ubs/nmds, deadstock and solestop are my go tos outside the usual shit retailers

fack gonna have to go there

vancouver

pros:
not edmonton
okay beaches

cons:
expensive
rich white people pretending to be poor in east van
white guys who want "qt azn gfs"
rain
no fashion scene
no music scene

>besides where the fuck do i move to find an entry level engineering job these days

What kind of engineering? Is it hard to find work in Toronto and Vancouver? I just got a software job in Ottawa. There's a tech sector here, you might want to apply (look up companies in Kanata)

You can also apply in Kitchener/Waterloo there's a tech park there.

Montreal has lots of software dev studios.

Toronto and Vancouver seem like they have plenty of places for technical work. The problem is living expenses -- you don't get a much better salary in Toronto and Vancouver compared to other locations but the cost of living is absurd (fucking lol at housing costs right now)

Look at your university's job postings and stuff (alumni should have access).

Yesterday was 50% off day.
I'll dump some cool stuff I've found there.

I go to Queens but live in Vancouver in the summer

>tfw u a waterloo boi and havent had waterloo dark in ages

it's actually a really nice shirt.

Made in Canada quality super comfortable. 100% Cotton

yeah i go to queens too, in DC during the summer. cha gheil or whateve the FUck

Is it possible to cop a simple zip up hoodie like picrelated for cheap? And by cheap I mean sub $30. All I care about is that they don't have any tacky ass logo sprawled everywhere. Single color or simply patterned is fine.

here we go

those are some sick cops man, how much does it cost? is it 50 off every wednesday?

probably the most expensive it gets is like 15 bucks for designer or Polo Ralph Lauren.

Most shirts I pay about 5-10 bucks.

If I bother paying.

nice, i'll check it out too

>If I bother paying.
explain

different guy but stealing shit from the thrift is the easiest thing the world

How poor do you have to be to steal from a thrift store?

Richmond Hill

Pros
>aritzia cuz Markville and Fairview close by
>decently quiet area
>close to Toronto
>decent mix of ethnic foods

Cons
>asian invasion
>college is far from where I live
>most of the Asians have the same style / look the same
>i could go on

Anyone from Toronto / GTA that fit XS?

I'm a skinny Asian and a lot of these stores fit too many big sizes for me.
I wear prep for work but a clean relaxed tee and jeans for hanging out.

Kek I live right near markville senpai.

I feel like you can put any Asian or white person here and they'll dress the same desu.
Either a hypebeast or an aesthetic faggot.

it's definitely not a money thing lol, my friends & I turned it into a game of what's the stupidest way you can steal the most amount of (nice) pieces

100% accurate

Blue Button Shop might be your jam. All Jap brands and they often stock smaller sizes.

Where can I cop Chelsea boots in Winnipeg?

bamp
cheap hoodie source ne1

Just look online desu, you're better off doing that. If you aren't a huge stickler for quality just look in Aldo I guess.

Cool thanks

Everyone looks the same around Markville.

Macfag here, everybody dresses like a basic white person

Hey man we're broke AF but we still dress better than toronto

A FUCKING LEAF

foods not bad.
whyte can be fun.
literally everything else is shit.

Bomp

Calgary here too.

Pros:
>Nice live music venues
>Some decent neighborhoods like Inglewood or some sections of 17th ave are good for shopping
>Nordstrom
>Easy access to mountains
>Relatively close to the border
>Ample opportunity for a right wing uprising

Cons:
>Filled with shit drivers
>Fucking obnoxious Québécois who think their shit doesn't stink
>Currently have a bunch of criminal pinkos running our province
>Oil industry took a massive hit; unemployment skyrockets
>Most young people are liberal or communist minded fucks
>Greasy old fucking patch workers or riggers who also think they own the road with their fucking truck

It's okay everything considered I guess

It can be depressing as fuck during the winter, but there the first day or two of snowfall tends to be really pretty. Fuck snow any day after that. Summer can be really nice, even if there's a lack of shit going on beyond the downtown.

And lots of native people, yeah. It's crazy the amount of division there is between most native people and non-natives, like in my high school it was pretty typical that natives and non-natives hung out in different groups. Maybe my school was extra clique-y, but still. It's weird how the world sees Canada as some bastion of friendliness and inclusivity, yet racism can persist in a city of 100,000 without much notice.

What is it with these archaic retards who still think it's cool to hate French Canadians? Everyone else got over it years ago it's 2016 buddy.

Also continue to live in your albertan conservative fantasy land man, meanwhile the rest of Canada will continue to be liberal and appreciate all of the liberal policies that make the rest of the world look to us as an example.

fuck off, quebecois fag

>It's 2016 buddy

Fuck off Trudeau

haha no fucking way

half the amount of people my age wear cargo shorts and anime tees here, including my brothers. Most of the other Asians my age who can be considered a bit fashionable are mfacore, which looks good on Asians in all honesty but the people downtown have much better variety with their fits (and you'll never see anyone in Agincourt wearing Julius). I bet those fits are better since Brooks Brothers, Muji, and all the stores that sell better quality basics are all in fairview or downtown. Slumblock and housing project people, in Woburn/Cedarbrae wear basic ass sweatpant and roshe run fits here. If you go to anywhere it's a plethora of American Eagle and Aeropostale logos and branding. We literally only have a club monaco at stc, everything else is either fast fashion, outlets that sell lower-end streetwear pieces, or shitty nike knockoffs you find at indian stores in strip malls (which is about 40% of the clothing retailers here). And the vast, vast majority of white people have classic dadcore with autism shoe fits.

905s leave. You cannot be Veeky Forums if you live in a soulless suburb, Chen.

"Most young people are liberal or communist minded fucks"
enjoy your echo chamber at you cuck

He might actually be mistaking them for Acadien's and Chiac's from the east coast. When I lived out there every backwater fuck talked about making it big working in Alberta, primary language notwithstanding.

these are fuckign dope

What year and what programs

St. John's, Newfoundland

pros
>cheep (3 bedroom house downtown for >$1200/month)
>night life
>live music everywhere
>political opinions don't mean shit
>nature
>restaurants

cons
>skeets and baywops
>lol fuck jobs and money and shit
>every seen is filled with pretentious "big fish in a small pond" hacks
>dirty.
>small

its alright if you're under 20 or over 40