Oral posture

Saw on Veeky Forums someone talking about oral posture.
The thins is I'm not english and don't understand everything, can someone explain what to do with tongues and jaw etc ?
I just try to completely have my tongue on the roof

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Essentially, you're supposed to normally have your tongue touching the roof of your mouth, with the sides pressing against your molars/premolars/teeth at sides of mouth. That's pretty much it. So yeah, you're doing it right. If you don't do that as a child, you wind up like the first picture. Those are of two twins, left who didn't and right is one who did.

????

This is actually the kind of thread I was hoping for. Would fixing oral posture help fix my jawline? I haven't looked into it very far and have only heard very vague answers

Draw a ms paint pic? Please friend. I have a general understanding but it's complicated

Maybe. Look into getting braces.

And if none of that works, just get surgery.

tongue touch top

Like this. The better looking one has good tongue posture, and uses his nose to breathe.

Weird. Picture didn't show up.

You should work on those whispy pubes on your face first

Lel it must be shameful for the other sister to be compared and even photographed like this to serve as warning to people worldwide. She only had to listen.

If he took braces, the dentist would eventually use a long wire that will be slapped across his upper set of teeth to push it back. Same could be done to his lower set. This is one of the things Mike Mew do not want. He keeps on stressing that there are people with their upper set of teeth actually in the proper area, but dentists push them back with braces resulting in properly lined teeth with better bite, but at the cost of having the longer face that we all want to avoid.

left pic already requires orthodontic procedures and maxillofacial surgery

issues like mouth breathing, teeth alignment, crowding extractions, ect have to be delt with in children under the age of 12 so correct jaw development will progress up to the age of 21

also genetics plays a factor

Out of all the people I've known who had braces, literally not one of them ever had the issues you're describing. lol

Then they had good faces and jaws to begin with? Compare that to the user with the picture, though.

All you need to know about this subject, relatively long video but it's everything you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8

You're telling me that braces will potentially cause peoples face to get long, but whenever it doesn't it's because their face/jaw is "good" already? What the fuck? lmao

Of course, there are more variables than that. Can you post your friends faces then. Its okay if parts of their faces are censored. Then lets compared that to user's face. Lets also imagine user's face if he underwent braces. Would it fix his weak jaw? What then about his nose after his upper teeth gets pulled to align with each other?
>inb4 so mew's orders will work on him then?
No. Its too late for that.

t. user who used braces for years. Minor problems beforehand (slight crowding and front upper teeth looked like user's picture, but not that worse. My jaw is also not 10/10, but def not like that). It helped aligned my teeth and bite, and I was certainly fortunate to not fuck up my face any further, but the lower jaw is... well. Stayed the same.

that guy is obviously retarded if he listens to a quack with 0 journal published research

Well as the guy you're all talking about I'm kinda concerned about what he's saying? I have a somewhat short face to begin with, am I in some sort of danger of looking worse if I do get braces?

Im saying it wont gix your problem which is your weak jaw. All those years of bracing will only fix your bites, crowding, etc. Do you also see that loose skin under your jaw? That will still be there. You will also have to pay for pic related to keep your teeth straight and lined up once they take the brace of. You have to wear it alternate every night when you sleep. If your teeth are fine, bracing wont do shit.

Like with braces id like to fix both my teeth alignment (I think it's an overjet or something) as my jaw. Would this be a problem because as I've been told I have smaller teeth?

*Im the guy you guys called retard btw

When people with weak jaw seek help, there will always be someone who will rec braces. While for sometimes, it is a good advice, there are def some times where they are NOT.

I had always assumed my jaw was a side effect of my teeth (and probably mouth breathing) I normally have my front teeth on top of my bottom teeth as opposed to them being default in front and I look fairly decent

I feel I need to clarify this. When I take pictures I put my front teeth on top of my bottom teeth and my molars then do not connect. Naturally though when my molars connect my front teeth are in front of my bottom instead of on top

Its best to ask a dentist user. Your picture is not enough. He will have to look at all your sides (front view, side view, etc). There are even times where you think your teeth are fine, but some of them have actually rotated 180/facing backwards. In your pic, your teeth dont look that worse. Mine was def worse back then but its hard to tell.

When I asked my dentist about correct bites when she was unfucking my teeth and my bite temporarily became weird because of tge teeth movement, she said your molars should touch each other AND your lower front teeth resting comfortably behind the front upper without hitting its back.

I also experienced the teeth located between my front and molars not touching each other even when I have my jaw closed. Apparently, this happenes to people because thats where we usually chew our food. But back to your problem, which is your weak jaw, braces wont fix that. If you have crowding like I did and gaps and rotated teeth, those will be fixed.

this such a huge coincidence
i've been concerned about this for months and first time i open Veeky Forums in a long time there's this topic lol

anyway. i wore braces for a few years and it certainly helped, though my jaw is still quite underdeveloped. i was quite okay with it until since a few months back i began to notice my front teeth are losing allignment again. but i really dont wanna go back to braces. i'm afraid it might get worse from here :/

Thank you user

Now if only I could afford to visit an orthodontist ;_;

sm h let me say it again

>kid+bad teeth = skeletal discrepancies = fucked up face
>kid+bad genetics = skeletal discrepancies = fucked up face
both of these can be fixed through orthodontic treatment if noticed early enough

>adult+bad teeth/bad genetics = fucked up face
orthodontics can fix your bite (still need a night retainer for the rest of your life) but your bones have stopped growing and cannot be fixed without oral maxillofacial surgery

Not if they get surgery.
Don't go to a dentist first off, find an orthodontist and a good oral surgeon.

I'm 15 (ban me all you want, but my age is relevant to this post) and have an overbite and receding jaw. My teeth are fairly straight but small (which might or might not be important, I don't know). This I believe is caused by mouth breathing when I was younger, as neither of my parents nor my older sister have any issues with this.

Lately I've been attempting to fix this by eliminating mouth breathing, correcting my tongue placement and permanently sticking out my jaw to a point where I have a slight underbite, which actually makes my jawline look well-defined and prominent, to my surprise without looking unnatural, even though it lengthens my face a bit.

Anything else I can do without having to undergo jaw surgery? Is my mandible still in development at the age of 15?

braces have actually really improved my facial aesthetics

i recommend them to anyone

Am I weird for finding pic on the left more attractive? Not at their age in the pic obv, but in say... 7 years. She looks like a future art school chick while the girl on the right just looks like a boring normie.

This is a pic of me from another thread btw. I understand that pics from the side would be more helpful but I can't taky any for the next few hours. This is how it looks when I stick it out.

>permanently sticking out my jaw to a point where I have a slight underbite
no
teeth together in a natural position
tongue on roof of mouth
remember bottom front teeth sit slightly behind the front

Not weird. Your beauty standards have adapted to your general betaness.

Friendly reminder that this oral posture thing is fucking stupid and if youre ugly you're just ugly

pretty much this

I've had perfect "oral posture" for all my life and I'm still butt fucking ugly

wow very fucking helpful

>unironically using the alpha/beta meme

>>/r/theredpill

Your kids will be ugly because you let them mouth-breathe or similar.

nope because unlike you I have good genetics and dont need to try and blame stuff on my parents not "teaching me to breath"

Zach?

Losing weight might help.
If you're already really, really skinny then maybe not.