/home/ - general home inspiration

old thread finally hit its image limit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uVHbU7xIFCCMd7JyBHp-dRW0Zvj2DHXW6-JNGFOPZCw/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.g1173ecb35a_2_7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Love this one

Man, I've got a problem. I have no idea how to decorate my living room. There's a big goddamn stove right in the middle of it with a pipe that runs up to the ceiling that kinda fucks my shit up. It's an alright centerpiece, but then what do you do with the television?

i came

post pics?

My room, just re-organized it today, give me your honest opinions

C O M F Y
get a shelf for your books tho senpai

I think the space next to the bed where you have the doom poster is stealing space, you should put the bed touching the wall and the nightstand on the other side. That snippet of space is too short there but on the other side it will look more ample

Also find a more discrete solution for your cables

Push bed to the left
Get a new bed side table, make sure its lower than that edge shelf thing
Get a shelf like the one that guy made in the last thread, also not jutting out past the edge shelf thing again →
Tiny pot plants under the window
More ornaments along the shelf
Don't fucking duct tape the light switch to the wall
Put the hand sanitiser in a plain bottle
Don't have a laundry basket in your room
Get a ceiling fan instead
More posters or paintings

wow thank you man, i will try to accomplish all of that

Completely unfeasible. Alright view, the interior is pretty bland though.

Not feeling it. Way too big, who invites over that many people and have them sit like that? Could've doubled as a bar at night, and the masks just makes me feel like I'm at a serial killer's house lol.

Not my personal style, but definitely looks hella dope. Maybe a bit empty in the second picture, but that's debatable.

Shitty picture, bland execution.

Could be dope at night but mostly looks stupid in this picture. Way too much open space, is it trying to be cozy or airy or wtf?
The fireplace is placed completely retarded and the wall looks like shit.

That chair but especially that lamp clash hella hard. Beige makes me fall asleep, which I suppose is the purpose of a bedroom, so points for that. Otherwise just bland and uninspired.

Could've easily been a set for Narcos or Breaking Bad, really got a drug king-pin feel to it.

Hella potential, goddamn. Best so far.

Those chairs and that painting, hahaha wtf

Did the designer for those chairs get inspiration from Ed Gein or something?
If I woke up and realized I lived a life where I'd willingly bought a place with cabinets of that colour I'd honestly just consider killing myself.

Oh damn. Could use some other colour than varying shades of brown and a painting or two, but cozy for sure.

Cute, I don't know about having tiles on the walls though, especially the same pattern as in the kitchen. That pattern makes the wall really noisy and doesn't fit at all with the white and wood. The walls are too naked, need something there.
Love the wooden floor and the dog though.

Cool, feels like a conference-room though. Screams of uninspired corporate design.
Roof looks dope though.

Wouldn't know how to help without a picture

The wood on the right looks unfinished, the pattern on the sofa is bad, the floor is too naked.
Overall it's pretty nice, but the lack of stuff bothers me yet again.

Did they forget to move in?
Those chairs do not fir the rest, at all. That lamp looks stupid as well.

Actually decent, albeit again with a lack of carpet or personal flare. Is that a window or an entrance? Either way I think the fireplace is a bit too far away, but I might be wrong on that.
Would've gone with a different lamp.
The sofa looks like something you'd see in an airport, not sure what the idea was there.

Good shit, finally. I'd add just a few more paintings on the wall, and maybe even have a text-print on there too.
Regardless, good shit. Would definitely cuddle with a gf in that bed.

Too noisy, too much like a coke-lord from the 80's.
Probably very stuffy.

Nice, even though it looks like it could be at a university or something. Too much open space, wtf do you need it for?
The paintings and everything are too close together, and I get if it's meant to create this focused space but the rest looks way too naked to justify that. That plant is stupid too.

Looks dope.
Agree with Would get some new bedsheets too, they look like a bathrobe, and the blanket doesn't have anything at all?
Like the doom-poster, would've had a softer light though, but it might just be the picture playing tricks.

The doors could definitely use some posters or some shit on them. Idk how they open but if it's possible to put up hangers and have some stuff hanging there I think it'd look pretty nice.
Dig the light, but I'd probably have that in the right corner to be honest, kinda just looks awkward right now.

Would've been nice to see the other side of the room as well.

Question for you and anyone else: do you think books stacked on the floor look better or worse than on a shelf? Though I guess it depends.

If the rest of the place have a similar aesthetic as that picture (ie: "just moved in" / "introverted and lazy", not necessarily colour-scheme) then I can dig it on the floor.
Depending on the amount it'd at worst be acceptable with having both a shelf and the stuff that didn't fit on the floor.

thanks brother

>More ornaments along the shelf
what would you suggest? i collect old cameras, could i perhaps use those?

Literally anything, cameras sound cool.
Bottles, rocks, glassware, vases, cups, pot plants, arty shit

can I get some help or inspo? measurements aren't exact. room is like a square with French doors and a large window. any ideas Veeky Forums?

has anyone ever told you you sound like a big faggot?

the GOAT

I'd start with a bed

what have you got?

awful

Thanks for your opinion.

That's Charles Eames' house... But feel free to tell me about your interior design accomplishments.

I take it you're not a fan of open, airy living spaces? That, along with a dislike for not having decorations? I like cozy rooms too, and I personally love having a small space of mine and utilizing it to its full potential.

I think it's important to acknowledge that most of these pics are basically the runway fashion equivalent of interior architecture/design. Their not going to have plenty of personal items and decor spread across the walls and whatnot. That's like criticizing runway fashion for not having popular branding on their outfits. On top of that, large, open, living spaces are typically associated with higher value and expense. These are less conventional as they are eye-candy for imagining being able to have a place like that yourself.

Just thought I'd share my insight on what you're commenting about.

not an argument

My point is: Why would your opinion be relevant in comparison to a designer with a very impressive track record, ranging from the actual design to innovating production methods?

I'm not saying my opinion is relevant in comparison to a designer with a very impressive track record, ranging from the actual design to innovating production methods at all. It is however not the case that the interior decoration of the house of a designer with a very impressive track record, ranging from the actual design to innovating production methods is exempt from any criticism just because the guy who threw those awful rugs together happens to be a designer with a very impressive track record, ranging from the actual design to innovating production methods, and the person criticizing happens to not be a designer with a very impressive track record, ranging from the actual design to innovating production methods.

literal autism

i love these so much, round windows are very beautiful.

more like literal ctrl+v

it's basically empty. just three pieces of furniture. right now the floor is carpeted and I'm planning on getting wood floors. jut looking for ideas on where to place stuff and color palettes.

I hate this picture.

I just moved from SLC to NYC. Couldn't bring anything but my clothes. So I have some basic Ikea furniture at the moment.

Could you guys give me suggestions on what I could do with my room? (or with my completely empty kitchen/dining room) I wanted to get a lot of plants because I feel like it can make a room a lot more optimistic.

Here is a slideshow of it:

docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uVHbU7xIFCCMd7JyBHp-dRW0Zvj2DHXW6-JNGFOPZCw/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.g1173ecb35a_2_7

I love that light at the top of the bed. Gonna do that shit in my room

That light looks gimmicky

get a clue girl

Practical as fuck though. Don't have a side table? Just mount a light to read.

Rate my messy ass room

always wanted that comforter

posting a little bit of shit i have...

comfy bedding/10

How does it feel to live in a fashionable home? Does it raise your mood? Do you get used to it?

>Does it raise your mood?
Hell yeah, especially if you do it yourself, and you can impress people with it, and make it uniquely yours
>Do you get used to it?
just like youd get used to any other room you live in i guess?

christ, ive vmbeen trying to figure out how to organize my studio apartment for fucking ever. the mattress just sorta fucks with everything else

kek

Yeah I don't care how much of a hipster faggot I look, I'm doing it with edison bulbs

Meant to respond to you too

>docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uVHbU7xIFCCMd7JyBHp-dRW0Zvj2DHXW6-JNGFOPZCw/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.g1173ecb35a_2_7

apartment is super nice!!

Maybe get a nice rug for the one large room, a credenza and a small table? I'd think vertically too low furniture might make it feel cluttered

To i tried to fix as much as i could around those guidelines, is it an improvement?

updates:
>more books, no bookshelf yet, need to buy one
>replaced fan with a more conventional white one
>moved bed to the left
>moved my old receiver into my room

just found out a ton of Casa Brutus back issues are available with Amazon [JP] Kindle Unlimited
so I'll put up a few issues after work tomorrow

How can I make my room seem cozy?

theres always one cunt that thinks people want to hear his opinion on every picture

Im moving into an empty room in another city I cant take my stuff with me

Whats a super cheapo bed I can get for it? Should I just order whatever basic bitch shit from Ikea and call it a day? I'd really like something unique. Kind of into the idea of having a bed thats sort of low to the ground. Also want something simple and minimalistic. I hate assembling a ton of shit for a bed every time I move.

I wish Apple made beds

Edison lightbulbs

I got a bed frame and mattress on Amazon
Delivered fast and it was cheap; didn't have to pay sales tax

which frame

that doesnt look very effay
but it is cheap and im super cheap

did you toss up a box spring on that?

Don't have to, dude
Just a mattress
And there's good clearance so I have lots of storage space

alright. I might just consider getting one of those. Seems like I could just throw it in my car.

thanks user

post pic of room

Or get it delivered the day you get there
That's how I timed the purchase, actually

Kek my room isn't inspiring I still haven't fully unpacked and I've been here five months
Oioi has better room pics than I do

who cares, its for the bed

I'm.....gonna get laughed at for my bunny sheets

Yo shut the fuck up

>taking a picture of just the sheets
real talk the sheets are pretty dope
where'd you get them? Im getting new sheets too
take a picture of the whole bed

I've had this frame for 3 years or so. It's pretty solid. You only see a little bit of the legs when the bed is made. Nice storage underneath. Easy to move. No complaints with a tuft & needle mattress.

My mom gave them to me as a backup set they're way too big for the bed lol
But my regular Anthropologie sheets are in the washing machine so I switched over