How do some of you afford this shit?

How do some of you afford this shit?

Is Veeky Forums full of San Francisco Trust Fund Babies or do any of you have jobs?

Pic related, I deliver pizzas, which actually pays pretty well.

I work for a pizza joint too. If I want something expensive, I save my money.

Just because people own designer clothes, it doesn't mean that that's their whole wardrobe.

Most people here seem to be the type to save for a while to cop what they want, and a lot also use grailed to flip pieces and make some decent money too.

This. I saved for my geobaskets for about a month, and otherwise I own maybe three pairs of shoes just around $100.

you also get to sleep with a lot of horny women

this has literally never happened

>he's never delivered a pizza with extra sausage

nigger have you seen the WAYWT threads? nobody actually dresses in all designer shit lmao, most of these homos don't even dress remotely well

Process engineer at one of the hugest logistics companies. Live in small apartment, no gf, don't spend much on food. I basically have 1500€ to spend I have NOTHING to spend it on.

And it's actually a really shitty feel.

>have 1500€ to spend
>really shitty feel
come on man

It's cool for like three months.
My co-workers perhaps don't have sick fits, but they are definetely happier than me.
And I'm autist who spend 1500€ on clothes I never wear because I have not enough friends to go outside on weekends.

just wear them for instagram
does anyone buy clothes for real life anymore? cmon

Get a real job.

find a hobby dude, just try different shit

misappropriate school grants and hustle like a motherfucker, i dont wear anyone but rick but have never paid more than about 30% of retail

How is it being a process engineer, that's what I planned on doing

There's obviously a bit of both on here. Richfags, poorfags with jobs, and faggots who just shitpost

I didn't really start buying nice stuff until I got a job as junior electrical engineer, but still the same principles apply:

>Buy nice not twice
>don't buy shit just because it's on sale
>go shopping with a clear goal in mind, don't get carried away and buy heaps of shit

When I was new I dropped heaps of cash on mall tier shit that fell apart pretty quickly, would have saved a lot of money if I just stopped and thought about what i actually wanted

Send it to me i'll make use of it for you

Work 40hrs a week in the summer and every saturday :^)

I used to deal drugs and student loan gives me like £12k a year to live off because my parents fiddled the books.

pooo pooooooooooooo wiener doooooooooo

Depends on company and depends on the field. As I said, I'm a process engineer in a huge logistics company. Working on a project about making packaging quicker. If you like new challenges everyday it's for you, but if you are selfish/egoistic etc. you are fucked because you MUST work with others. My chef is huge jerk, people who work at warehouse even more, but there's no wayaround. If you live in Germany I can tell you more.

Engineering manager here. I make about $160k a year all told and my gf makes about $250k (and she's always buying me clothes I like) and when I showed up here for the first time I made one of these threads too.
I've concluded the following:
a) b) that there are some legit rich people here. Dunno how you do full AnnD or full Rick or full Yohji every day otherwise and still make rent
c) grailed
d) if, like me when I joined, this is your first time ever taking a serious interest in fashion, wait and be patient. There are sales at the end of every season where you can pick up some decent pieces even from top brands. You won't be paying Zara prices but it will be, say, $400-$500 for a pair of pants instead of $1500-$2000. It will probably take someone outside the top 1% of earners a few years to build a well rounded high-end wardrobe

>household income of over 400k a year
>people will believe this

oh wait what a surprise, another engineer on Veeky Forums

lmfao

I make 80k a year as a flight attendant. As i do not have to spend money on almost anything besides food i end up buying a lot of clothes on sale.

All agreed except the last point. You can cop designer items at zara price points if you look around enough. Case in point i copped a pair of Ute Ploier pants for 70$

*brand new with tags i should add, but this was like 2-3 years ago

Also adding to your points, rakuten and the 2nd hand market

*sigh* you'll probably say that it proves nothing or that it's a fake but if it helps my credibility at all, here is a $9k watch I'm wearing.
I could probably get something more expensive but that's sort of my point. Just because you have the money in your bank account for something, it doesn't mean you can truly afford it. It scares me how little people save in this country.

I keep hearing this rakuten thing. Not sure what it is. Fakes?
I usually hit Oki-Ni, Farfetch, Fwrd, Endclothing, Haven and MatchesFashion at the end of season sale. If you sign up for them there are occasionally 20% discount coupons they send to your email which might make slightly-too-expensive items a bit more affordable.

w2c rich gf? you meet her in college?

yeah rich parents, u mad my parents worked harder than yours? truly all it boils down to
>all these designer garmz
i dont even dress well

Nah. She was a poor Econ student when I met her. She would bus tables to make rent.
After she got her masters she got a good gig in an field where there are very few women so people assume she's a wizard or some shit.
She's also a few years older than me but she's also smarter than me so she'll probably always earn more.
Friends joke about who wears the pants in the house and shit but I'm thrilled I've found someone who is so obviously better than me who still wants to be my gf

Man, I am sorry to hear that. I just moved to NYC and have no friends yet.

You gotta' just do things by yourself. Like go to a bar and drink by yourself. Go to a concert you like by yourself. You just gotta' go out. Even if nothing happens and you don't meet anyone, you will still already feel better about yourself.

Wow dude I would love a girl like that.

I keep choosing girls that are super dramatic and dense.

I make 70k a year and live with my parents

Yeah. I lucked out. Cheers m8.
Making $70k and living rent free (or maybe you chip in, idk) is the same as living by yourself and making $110k in most metro areas.
I hope you go all out on Mother's Day, user. Your parents are saving you tens of thousands of dollars.

more money than taste. buy a jlc or patek nigga

When i was a child, I'd always hear my dad talk about Rolex Submariners and Meisterstuck Mont Blanc pens as if they were then pinnacle of luxury so when I started making OK money, I got myself these items as a rite of passage. I realize now that there are nicer things out there but because I think of myself as a young boy looking at my dads submariner in awe, these artifacts have an emotional component for me. It's not a bad watch either. Goes well with most of my stuff, but for my Yohji fits I usually use a cheap black leather strap Raymond Weil because it feels more understated.

having a trust fund is very rare.

much more common is being middle/uppermiddle/upper class and having enabling parents who didn't have much money growing up and remember what it was like not to be able to afford nice/trendy things and, through giving their child the childhood they wish they had, find peace and a sense of well being. of course many of these children who were given everything they wanted, present company included, never develop a solid work ethic and either become neet or find employment via family/friend connections, and the world keeps on spinning.

Thank you for the inspiration