Is H&M good for college?

I need some new clothes

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Men's_Basics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah but I think their stuff is only worth it when on sale.

Yeah but prepare for it to be shit quality, especially some of their basic shirts

Their t-shirts are eh. Hoodies and sweats
are fine though

What else should I get instead?

Its fine but imo never pay full price unless its a basic tee
Pretty much everything will go on sale every other day so might as well buy it then

U N I Q L O
N
I
Q
L
O

You have it the other way around. Basics are fine, it's the 30 dollar jackets and knockoff designer pieces that are shit

It's less where you get the clothes from, but more how you wear them, or if you can even pull them off.

this but don't if you want to achieve a slim fit using basic tees

I'm guessing that clothes from JC pennies are out of the question?

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Men's_Basics
The sticky comes with recommended brands list. Read and come back in an hour for more advice if needed.

>that gif
DELET THIS

ok, tumblr

you arent me

youre not me

H&m "tech stretch" jeans are p goddamn nice imo, they're one of my favorite pairs of pants. My acnes pale in comparison to them

No, it's all shit that won't last, but at that pricepoint what the fuck do you expect

I'm still wearing all my t-shirts I bought from fast fashion stores after 7-8 years. Jeans too.

agreed.

H&M has really nice stuff for cheap, in my opinion. Their jeans are really nice and fit well for the price. They also have decent basics but don't wash them regularly.

So can anyone ITT: give me a run down on how to dress good?

Read the sticky faggot

tuxbell.com

user, have you tried reading the sticky recently?

sticky isn't detailed enough

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU WEAR to school, but it's sure nice to feel good tho. If you have taste, sure why not, find cheap pieces there and make sure to try on everything.

Not exactly. JCP has some decent brands like Levis, it's not bad especially if yr just looking for normie stuff like basics and jeans.
I wouldn't look at JCP or target or any chain store as a place to pick up a whole wardrobe but picking up a few cheap pieces won't hurt you, and it'll probably save a little cash.

Go to H&M or Uniqlo instead

Not everyone lives near one of these. Nearest H&M is 2 hours away, Uniqlo is on the other side of the country

Just don't buy any of their "expensive" items. No shoes. No jackets. No joke that shit straight up falls apart.
I see people here taking about their t-shirts like they just disintegrate in contact with the human body. It's not the case though they do start to lose their shape after a few washes. The shoes and jackets at h&m are a fucking disaster tho

Start a petition on change.org
What you are being told is that given the choice, A is better than B. You're a big boy. Run your own cost-benefit analysis

actually H&M jeans are fine, underwear, socks too, also some of their OCBDs, but their tees are horrible, it's coming from someone who owns around 20 tees from there, it doesn't matter if it's strecth, non-stretch, longline, normal length, the more expensive divided line, all shit, they lose their shape after one wash especially around the neck
if you want to cop cheap basic tees, which hold their shape, you should go with FOTL Super Premium or Heavy Cotton

Quality isn't the best in basics but they're style is pretty good. Can definitely make some dope fits. Their other stuff is very hit and miss. The stuff that is trying too hard to be trendy is awful but they have some good bombers/hoodies/jackets that don't look like trash ripoffs

>H&m "tech stretch" jeans are p goddamn nice imo, they're one of my favorite pairs of pants. My acnes pale in comparison to them

If you use their app, then only select "trend". You will only see the puple label stuff wich is alot better quality then their divided, logg and normal label. Also its alot more Veeky Forums and basic like COS.

>poorfag protip, if you use their app you don't have to pay when you order, you get a bill around the 20th that you can pay on the last day of the month

My experience differs as I said. I had Fruit of the Loom t-shirts and they faded very fast despite me not wearing them much. Underwear fell apart too, full of holes in the crotch area.

I have Zara t-shirts that I bought in 2007 or so that I still wear. One is black and it looks a tiny bit faded, the black doesn't pop as much as my new black ones for example, but the fit is absolutely perfect still (I believe this is a slim line shirt, while the other shirt I remember buying at the same time is a super slim that suffered a bit more wear due to being much more elastic).

I wash my clothes a lot, so t-shirts get washed after I wear them out of the house even for an hour, but I only do so at low temperatures to reduce wear.

I don't have too many h&m old shirts, but I'll know in a few years, my oldest ones are a pair of t-shirts I bought together a year and a half ago, they still fit perfectly, colors still the same as far as I can tell, but some very tiny knot-like formations have popped around the stomach and chest area, might be because I wore them a lot under sweaters and washed them multiple times a week.

you may not realize, but there are 3 or 4 different type of FOTL crewnecks depending on thickness, i guess you handled the thinner ones, as i said Super Premiums and Heavy Cotton are miles better than any H&M basic tee, but i guess if you like thin shit, H&M can be good too
colors will fade in this price category no matter what, H&M is no exception, when it fades, you just buy a new one