OP from the bespoke suit thread two days ago

OP from the bespoke suit thread two days ago.

Those Vietnamese ladies work fast and cheap. Who wants to see some fit pics?

Sure user let's see em

Apologies for the image quality and lighting. I'm in a shitty homestay in Hoi An, Vietnam with only a phone as a camera.

>two button navy birdseye
>super 130s wool
>full canvas
>notch lapel
>double vented
>flap pockets with a jetted ticket pocket
>surgeon's (functional) cuffs

Purple paisley lining. Something like Paul Smith or Etro.

Apologies for the colours as well. It's a terrible mix of fluorescent and yellow lighting.

Took only 48 hours with three fittings and adjustments.

Can't get great photos of the fit on my own. Have to move my arm a lot to take the pics.

Last one. Waistcoat.

Any questions about process or price? Comments on the fit?

Looks good man, how much did it cost?

>bowing lapels
>minimal lapel roll
>ugly high set notches
>full canvas but looks stiff as cardboard
>misaligned shoulder pitch

u get what u pay for

Gonna find u

Boy charge your phone

$280 US.

Most people that get a suit made in Asia pay more like $150 but they go with a terrible 360 count wool/cashmere/cotton blend. It's shiny and looks cheap. If you're getting something made from scratch you shouldn't cheap out on materials IMO.

Try and Raise your hand as if you were hailing a taxi or Sieg Heiling. its to see how well the jacket is made. If the armholes are high enough you should be grand

Mobility is great, it's easy to raise my arms without the suit or shirt pulling.

I'll take your word for it op. You seem to have got yourself a good deal.Only hope you have the quality shoes and shirts to go with it

The shirt was made by the same tailor.

As for shoes, right now I just have one pair of black cap-toe oxfords (a bit boring, but a high quality pair handmade in England)

You sure are have autism my man.

The suit looks fine OP

These are legitimate criticisms. If I had paid 10-20x the price for something on Saville Row, those particular details would be much better.

At this point in my life that's not gonna happen. I'm more than satisfied with the tradeoffs. It's better than any OTR suit under $1500 I've tried on.

How much was it boi, also what material? Looks good tho

$280 US.

Navy birdseye super 130s wool.

Thanks.

Is that at the silk worm place just near the night markets? I was going to get something made when I was there a few months ago but didn't have enough time. Lovely town though.

Nah, Kimmy Custom Tailor. Near the entrance to old town.

Hey I've been there, got 2 shirts and their are my best shirts. It's funny that they have catalogues of expensive brands and they just copy the cut with all color and material whims you want. Also pretty good indian restaurant further diwn that street.

Damn, OP. Thats fantastic. Not a Veeky Forumsg but I think it's a great looking suit. I need one for university graduation and an interview, would love to pay that.

looks great to the untrained eye which means 99+% of the general public

I've always wanted to get one made in Hong Kong. I think they run about $500 there.

Thanks guys. Will try to post some better pics when I get home at the end of August.

Cheers.

Yeah I wish I had out more thought into this. Getting the suit was an in the moment decision.

If I had been smarter, I would've chosen some designer pieces to get cloned. I was very impressed with the skill and quality.

Maybe next time.

They constructed a fully canvassed bespoke suit from nothing in two days?

Did you find a warehouse full of those cobbler gnomes or something?

Nope. An army of Vietnamese ladies catering to rich tourists passing through Hoi An with only a few days to wait on a suit.

If I had to guess, the grunt work of the construction was probably done behind the scenes by who knows how many people. Three? Five?

Maybe they get paid $2 an hour? 1/20th of a western tailor but still better than most occupations in Vietnam.

Say 40 hours of work for the suit. That comes our to $80 for labour instead of $1600.

FUCK THAT'S A GOOD PRICE BUDDY

what do you know about treadstone

...wat?

no break in pants
weak lapel
you're like 14 and have a three-piece suit get the fuck outta here

Hi OP, I'm the user who discussed the stuff at length with you. Suit turned out great, especially for that price. Nice choice of lining and fabric. Only thing I'd change would be the lapel width and shape, but I remember you wanted them slimmer from the get go.

I see you went with double vents and functional cuffs after all. Did the tailors recommend it or did you just say fuck it?

How do you like the jetted ticked pocket? Any details on the waistcoat or pants?

>full canvas but looks stiff as cardboard
Canvas needs time to set and conform to the body, of course it's going to look stiff for the first time.

>you're like 14 and have a three-piece suit get the fuck outta here

someone seems jelly alright

lol low effort post. post a fit

I'm 25 and I have a graduate degree. No kidding.

The surgeon's cuffs didn't cost extra, not sure why I assumed they would.

Also the jetted ticket pocket might be my favourite detail. Never would have come up with that on my own but I love it. Also with proper tailoring there was no problem with the jacket flaring with double vents.

Waitcoat is pretty standard. The back is made of the same material as the front. Five button, v-neck, two pockets.

Pants are a bit more casual or "young" than you'd get in the UK. Off-seam pockets, tapered below the knee, no pleats, single rear pocket. Half break.

Thanks again for all your help. The end product is definitely better as a result.

Underrated comment desu senpai

What is this?

t.bh - desu
s.mh - baka
f.am - senpai

i meant the treadstone thing

That seems to be the place the Top Gear trio visited in their Vietnam Special

Nah. I think they either went to Yaly Couture or A Dong Silk.

fuck off teger you bald cuck

>A Dong Silk
do the viets know how funny their names are to foreigners

They probably don't care.

Yeah but do they KNOW?

Does it matter?

Does anything matter?

No.

Nihilists... fuck me