What went wrong?

Yes I know, it's reddit. But other than being bland and lifeless why is it so openly hated on every other fashion forum?

Can we can a real discussion about the good bad and ugly about our inbred cousin that is /r/malefashionadvice

it's filled with redditors and redditors are faggots

r/malefashion is a far better board than Veeky Forums

r/malefashion is filled with crossposters from other sites though. Its userbase doesnt come from the main reddit demographic.

This is true but I feel like it's also the most inoffensive and bland way to be fashionable.

Almost every fit there is, a button down oxford, chinos, and white leather shoes.

Better than the majority of Veeky Forums

Fashion is about creativity for most people on Veeky Forums and something is bound to go wrong.

The problem both Veeky Forums and /MFA/ face is that they're both too accessible. Anyone can come in and post & they're all very broadly known boards.

MFA uses voting though, and is probably one of the biggest boards so the voting makes it a little bland at times. It is however probably the best beginner board.

Veeky Forums doesn't have a voting system & is completely anonymous, so it gets moderated by having shitty posters being told to fuck off. It still gets crazy amounts of noobs though and since there's no real way to track if the person behind the comment knows what they're talking about they overcompensate for their lack of knowledge.

>Fashion is about creativity for most people on Veeky Forums
have you seen a single waywt lmfao

they're too technical and rigid about fashion.

but i won't lie sometimes their fits are better than ours. their newfags are better

It's a very simple answer really, you just need to think of it from a statistical perspective.

Basically people who have good fashion sense and people who have terrible fashion sense are in the minority. The average reddit user has, by definition, average fashion sense. Therefore the most average outfits will receive the most upboats. Fits on /r/malefashionadvice aren't terrible, they just aren't that great, which makes it so cringey that they have thousands of upvotes and seem to be praised. The way that reddit works guarantees that averageness and mediocrity are the most visible. There are probably some very talented dressers on reddit and probably some shit ones too, but the average person has average taste and because of the voting system that is what you see.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike reddit, this is the main one in my opinion, besides the awful censorship.

their fits are shit because they're so bland and boring
their culture and attitudes are the same
can't be helped because it's /malefashionadvice, not /malefashion or /fashion
there are other boards for that
mfa is where the autistic redditors go to try to look presentable

lol shit fits get upvoted by normies reeeeeeeeee

just checked our /r/malefashion

so much better than what you see in the waywt

ftfy

i just went on /mfa/ for the first time and i saw a WAYWT thread and the first few were waaaay better than the shit you fucks put on here lmao but then the rest were garbage and i got bored.

i like mfa, i dont get the hate meme tho.

WAYWT threads are terrible because Veeky Forums has autism levels of technicality, and autism levels of execution. You can learn everything you need to know here, but somehow everyone here fucks it up in execution. Same thing with /photo/. They have an extreme knowledge of cameras and the photographic process, but every single photo that is posted there is absolute shit.

Maybe MFA isnt so retarded because its filled with normal people.

Yeah, the thing is is that it's presentable at best and reddit's hivemind attitude forces anything that's not "casual workwear" down

because it's normie fashion
i bet no one even cares about fashion weeks and runways there

your "normie" is what you usually want to wear to not look like an autist

because its not a fashion board, iits what Veeky Forums used to be, a style self improvement board. obviously its going to be basic

Honestly, what went wrong with this board?

These are the first 3 fits on today's waywt thread and they kill any fit that has been posted on Veeky Forums in the last 24 hours.

>ahmed
>suede fuck me boots in brown
>dark jeans
>cheap man jewelry
>tommy bahama button up

waywt is shit but this is also very terrible

The Gats don't go well with the rest of the fit
Sweater is too small and monochrome is the training wheels of fashion and throwing some Vans in there isn't "fashion"
This is really bland maybe it's just how ugly he is but he could do far better if he changes that shirt.

hedi must be rolling in his grave

what the fuck does that even mean, kobe bryant?"

this, r/malefashion is like what Veeky Forums wants to be. Veeky Forums's still way better then r/mfa tho

This fit is better than anything we have in our WAWYT but the other fits are just like any regular garbo you see in our WAWYT only the clothes/houses are cleaner

It's the voting system IMO, it favors meme tier upvote bait

Same thing that wrong with Veeky Forums, too many people who are completely new to fashion and shit up the place with really basic and common questions.

mfa is all about a boring, uninspiring, soulless, normative ideology

the level of normie fashion is so low that even the tiny elevation they achieve through circle jerking can make them seem stylish to their fellow normies

and sadly they look better than us, because our WAWYTs are full of poor people, normies who can't afford interesting clothing.

at least their clothes fit right.

essentially this, mfa is for fedora-tier sperg lords to learn not to look like sperg lords, basically its too look good and inoffensive towards others, not really fashion in that sense

>mfa is all about a boring, uninspiring, soulless, normative ideology
sounds familiar doesn't it

Yep

Board is even more about body/self improvement than that these days.

>Board is even more about body/self improvement than that these days.

That's a good thing.

Our average poster age is really low, meaning we've got mostly skinny twinks. You can't look good in clothes without some muscle.

Gotta improve other aspects, like building your body or earning more money, before you can look good.

Probably the best description of this board.

jesus, are you autistic and blind?
no good fits on r/malefashion has chinos

At the very least, every thread isn't "kill yrself".

I'm a short bald (I shave my head because I'd look like Larry from the 3 Stooges if I didn't) guy, and just about every forum on Veeky Forums's response to that is "kill yourself"

sweater fits his shoulders perfectly, it's just a very slim fit throughout the arms and appears to be cropped, or maybe tucked

Heh. Anyone remember when Veeky Forums was literally /MFA/ back then? It's also the reason why I have menswear/workers clothing's in my closet. Wasn't great but nothing I regretted.

90% of the time it's better than Veeky Forums is currently, but Veeky Forums is more interesting

> 90% of the time it's better than Veeky Forums is currently, but Veeky Forums is more [s]interesting[/s] autistic

ftfy

Plz stay on /mfa/ you cuck